Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
a handlebar has to be waxed to make it stick out/up; if you don't wax it, that's a walrus moustache

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

BrigadierSensible posted:

I always thought a "handlebar" moustache was a Hulk Hogan-esque one that frames the top lip and goes straight down. What is the official name for the moustache I am thinking of?

Horseshoe

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Bless you

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Bobby Digital posted:

Every Waffle House I’ve been to has had an open kitchen

Yeah, pretty much exact variations of this, only more Canadian.

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe

GreenMetalSun posted:

Yeah, pretty much exact variations of this, only more Canadian.

Tifton, GA has a highway exit with two waffles house, one on each side of I-75. When I asked a local I went to school with about this arrangement his claim was that there was only one model of waffle house. You don't build larger ones, you just open more.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Stack Machine posted:

Tifton, GA has a highway exit with two waffles house, one on each side of I-75. When I asked a local I went to school with about this arrangement his claim was that there was only one model of waffle house. You don't build larger ones, you just open more.

Not that surprising. Plenty of places in Seattle with more than one Starbucks in eyesight.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Skwirl posted:

Not that surprising. Plenty of places in Seattle with more than one Starbucks in eyesight.

At least with Starbucks it makes sense because those places tend to get huge lines, so opening multiple stores helps spread the market out to a more reasonable pace. We've had a few fast food locations near downtown Orlando close recently because they were opening up down the main drag from each other, but never had the business to justify having multiple locations within a 4 minute drive. People would just go to whatever was closest if they wanted Steak n' Shake and ignore the other unless they were on the other end of the road, which caused them to cannibalize sales from each other.

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe

chitoryu12 posted:

At least with Starbucks it makes sense because those places tend to get huge lines, so opening multiple stores helps spread the market out to a more reasonable pace.

It was this, I'm sure. Waffle house is A Thing in Georgia, and not only for drunk people late at night. Every time I visit my mom in Valdosta it's where we eat unless I suggest something else. I would pop in for a coffee with my grandfather when I worked summers on the septic tank truck. There's one on the Georgia Tech campus. It's massively popular and always open. I think the severity of COVID finally hit home for my family back in GA when the local waffle house shuttered up.

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008

Stack Machine posted:

It was this, I'm sure. Waffle house is A Thing in Georgia, and not only for drunk people late at night. Every time I visit my mom in Valdosta it's where we eat unless I suggest something else. I would pop in for a coffee with my grandfather when I worked summers on the septic tank truck. There's one on the Georgia Tech campus. It's massively popular and always open. I think the severity of COVID finally hit home for my family back in GA when the local waffle house shuttered up.

I mean, the Waffle House index is a thing.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

When the trans people have taken everything from you :saddowns:

https://mobile.twitter.com/notcursede/status/1264161656369807360

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Imagine having so much power that you can cause someone to refuse to take a poo poo just by existing god drat

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Well, she's right about sport. Dunno about the toilet thing though; public toilets have, like, stalls.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Do people just blank out and forgot unisex bathrooms exists?

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
And apparently coed [sport].

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Also, the vast majority of women’s sports champions are cis women.

And why doesn’t the girl do gymnastics or ice skating, where being cis would give her an advantage over most trans competitors? If she’s already in the TERF tank at her age.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Just pee in the alley like a normal person.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I too have given up on sports and public toilets, but it's not a fear-of-trans-people thing.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

None of the public toilets are open right now, everyone who's out and about has to go in a hedge if they can't hold it in. And those are entirely unisex.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Read the tweet without reading your comment and thought it was a covid thing

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

freeedr posted:

The handlebar is the one that curls up on the sides like every hipster that uses facial hair in place of a personality has. It’s one of the few mustaches I haven’t seen Sam Elliot wear

I've been living a lie for DECADES!

I always thought a "handlebar" moustache was a Hulk Hogan-esque one that frames the top lip and goes straight down. What is the official name for the moustache I am thinking of?
At least I'm not alone.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

thats a horseshoe mustache

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
What was the previous “point” to athletics? I played various sports for most my life, I guess my parents never told me it’s not fun unless you’re playing with cis people.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Tired Moritz posted:

Do people just blank out and forgot unisex bathrooms exists?
Anyone producing bullshit of this caliber is some mix of stupid and evil that makes them either unable to have coherent thoughts or unwilling to honestly present their thoughts

Elysiume has a new favorite as of 13:42 on May 24, 2020

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

JGdmn posted:

What was the previous “point” to athletics? I played various sports for most my life, I guess my parents never told me it’s not fun unless you’re playing with cis people.

Obviously you only do sports if you're going to win. That is the only purpose. And since those mean, mean transes are playing, they will always win, so there is absolutely no other reason anyone would ever play sports.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
It's also another example of so called "Feminists" thinking poorly of women - clearly there is no point in playing a game if you might have to play against a man because there's no way a girl could beat a boy at something. That's the logic they are using. (I'm not saying Transwomen are men, I am deconstructing their logic on the situation because they clearly think that's the case.)

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
A girl halfback trucked the poo poo out of me in pop warner once.

To this day my balls remain on that dusty field in the suburbs of Arizona.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

JGdmn posted:

I thought I was supposed to smell burning hair when having a stroke.

SodomyGoat101
Nov 20, 2012

Biplane posted:

I thought I was supposed to smell burning hair when having a stroke.

Try lube.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

BioEnchanted posted:

It's also another example of so called "Feminists" thinking poorly of women - clearly there is no point in playing a game if you might have to play against a man because there's no way a girl could beat a boy at something. That's the logic they are using. (I'm not saying Transwomen are men, I am deconstructing their logic on the situation because they clearly think that's the case.)

I'm a teacher and I worked with a woman who had competed in athletics at a national level. Watching her destroy all the overly competitive dads in the parents/teachers fun race at the school athletics day was a true joy to behold.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

JGdmn posted:

Also left in that field: your rainbow shades, your Indian braids, and your hobo shoes

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/cloversinamber/status/1272369329951182850

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

Not many STDH stories here make me seriously angry, but this one did. gently caress this woman and her poor oppressed white police husband so much. My husband and I were at the grocery store a few weeks ago when a woman came up to him and yelled at him to get the gently caress out of America. Employees and customers just stood there watching as this bitch screamed absolute hate in my husband's face. You want to see the light die in someone's eyes? Watch my husband stare at the ground, trying not to show emotion as this adult woman decided to take time out of her day to specifically harass a stranger.

I don't think I've ever gone off on someone the way I went off on her and her friend. After they left, no bystanders tearily told us they were sorry for what she'd said. No manager came up to apologize and have a heart to heart. We just continued to shop for groceries, because at the end of the day, that's the treatment POC get in this loving country, and you learn to live with it.

I'm seeing red again just writing this out. gently caress this woman so so much.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

"Today I had to watch the light in my husband and my son's eyes leave"
loving lmao, who thinks this poo poo is good writing? Without context I'd think this meant they literally died.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

if only this really were true

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hyperhazard posted:

I'm seeing red again just writing this out. gently caress this woman so so much.

If it's any consolation whatsoever, I'm mad at that woman that yelled at your husband as well. Hope she never goes out to eat ever again if she thinks that way.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Walmart doesn't love me and only cares about money. Imagine imagining that anyone else cares about that enough to write that dumb story, my god get some real problems. This has to be the most boring person on Earth

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

Manuel Calavera posted:

If it's any consolation whatsoever, I'm mad at that woman that yelled at your husband as well. Hope she never goes out to eat ever again if she thinks that way.

Thanks :unsmith:. Husband has an amazing talent for brushing off this kind of stuff instead of letting it stew internally (unlike me). I hope she gets trampled in her next KKK rally.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/satap/status/1274475053309030401?s=21

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Bunch of weirdos in the comments on this thing that didn't happen. There's a pandemic and they're all "oh i'd hit that weed pen no worries'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Len posted:

Bunch of weirdos in the comments on this thing that didn't happen. There's a pandemic and they're all "oh i'd hit that weed pen no worries'

Have you ever met a pot smoker? I assure you the vast majority of people saying they would, actually would.