Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I paid for a shredded chicken burrito at Taco Bell a few months ago with a $2 bill and had no problems. It was something between $1.50 and $2, and I had one on me, so why not. People aren't that stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

jodai posted:

That's good to know. I thought there were just a lot of weeaboos but for British culture that submitted stuff.

They exist, and they are disgusting.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Panfilo posted:

I think you guys are really stretching it with that picture. It's just a couple plates of spaghetti and some Champaigne or whatever. I've seen plenty of pictures/posts of people talking about their SO making them dinner with a mediocre photograph on Facebook and nobody gives a poo poo about the quality of the photo, or food, or whether the bra in the background was a fat lady's bra.

hosed up ugly people have the most and best sex anyway.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I don't care what people do with coupons as long as they don't say "kew-pon". That poo poo is creepy and disgusting.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Murphy Brownback posted:

I've never encountered people doing that kind of thing to be annoying, but I have definitely known people who start using british pronunciations and britishisms, even sometimes slipping into a fake british accent after watching dr who/downton abbey/etc. In those cases I think it's reasonable to be mad at the person because they're doing it for such a stupid reason.

Also British people are garbage and we fought a war.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

bringmyfishback posted:

I know I'm late, but regarding the extreme couponing thing- some people do it just as a hobby and then donate the food they get to a food bank. You get a weird rush, forty bottles of free mustard, a chance to help people who rely on food banks, AND totally ruin a retail employee's day! What's not to love?

One of those things is terrible.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Darkhold posted:

Trooper tales are always at the bottom of whatever barrel you pull them out of.

It's like when they give mental patients crayons and construction paper to help them get out their problems, but in this case it's the internet and a self-referential vocabulary.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Those fictional kids never consented to be in that fake story.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I wish I could fart this good

If that happened, I'd say it was probably more of a very heavy shart, causing a mephitic stench that just wouldn't dissipate (due to poo poo in the guy's pants), which is what a sewage leak causes.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

That episode is 17 years old at this point. It could have just graduated high school.

When that episode first aired, the Commodore 64 was as old as that episode is now. That episode is the midpoint between the launching of the Commodore 64 and RNC Cleveland 2016.

Teriyaki Hairpiece has a new favorite as of 17:48 on Jul 21, 2016

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

CannedMacabre posted:

So apparently STDH stories ending with "Loch Ness Monsta!" is now a thing imgurians find to be the height of hilarity.

http://imgur.com/gallery/l0roE

Imgur people often find "black people" to be hilarious in a semi-racist way that I'm pretty sure comes from a sheltered upbringing and very limited exposure to actual black people. They are like middle-class people in the Midwest who loved the poo poo out of minstrel shows 100 years ago. Lots of internet memes come from this general attitude.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I don't read the troper tales quotes, but I do read the rest, so my anger doesn't reach that high of a level.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Non Serviam posted:

Hypothesis: we can really gently caress up this pair of Gipsy twins..

Results : we totally could.

Signed, Mengele.

Beyond that, it's just Wolfenstein fan fiction.

Who wouldn't want schematics of Hitler's power armor?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

garfield hentai posted:

I myself am one of those people who do not like to watch sports or to be up to date on them because I don't care. I also don't smugly insert myself into conversations about sports or make LOL WHAT'S THIS SPORTSBALL EVENT EVERYONE'S TALKING ABOUT?? BEATS ME Facebook posts during the Super Bowl to let everyone know how much I don't care.

The vast majority of caring people do about sports is because they are betting money on them, legally or illegally. After that comes local pride. After that comes sports as a way to have fun go to a bar or gather with people, an excuse to do some drinking or eat some unhealthy food. Few people actually care because of the games themselves, and those people are weirdos.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Dogfish posted:

I, too, believe that it is impossible for anyone to enjoy anything I don't like myself. It's a normal and good way for adults to feel.

The people who know the exact stats and call in constantly to sports shows and stuff, those are the weirdos I was talking about. Patton Oswalt in Big Fan. The game is plenty enjoyable.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Dogfish posted:

That's literally the opposite of what you said but I am certainly not interested in continuing this derail.

My apologies.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I have worked 8pm-4am for most of the last 6.5 years. I wake up to an alarm at 6pm. I eat breakfast, often actual breakfast foods, at 7:30 pm, while wishing coworkers "good morning". I have dinner, with regular dinner food, at 4:30-7:30 am.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Not in reference to the last one posted, but I think there's a really quality essay that could be written that could tie minstrelsy to the current trend of internet humor about black people. At its core it's dumbass whites who have no idea how black people actually think and talk finding what they believe black people to be to be hilarious. There's a spectrum of it, too, where on one end it's racist and malicious and on the other it's clueless and racist. The good essay would also mention the black mom naming her child something stupid legend and dissect the black nerd idea.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I am a little bit embarrassed about my long post but I think that site really underlines my point: certain white people don't think black people inhabit the same cultural space as them.

Like the idea of black people hiking is inherently funny to them because they don't believe that hiking and hiking culture is part of what they perceive to be black culture. They don't get that there is an American culture we are all a part of.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm saying racism is a lot simpler than what is going on.

Take the new Star Wars movie. Everybody's seen it, everybody's talking about it. Some white person could take a contextless photo of a little black girl at a movie theater, create a social media profile for a fake black woman, and share the photo with the caption "NYESHA LOVE THE NEW STAR WAR. SHE SAID IT FUCKIN AWESOME" and that picture would go go viral. Because there are literally thousands of white people who would be in stitches at the idea of a black mom and daughter seeing Rogue One just like them.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Yeah I'm sure a wall of text of threats would make someone turn humble/respectful and not elicit a call to the police.

Also no whiskey is truly worth 10000 dollars a bottle and that is twice the highest price I saw for any bottle of that stuff after quickly checking google. Why can't people just say he stole something more reasonable someone might have, like a 300-500 dollar bottle? Why is it always the super rare thing that is the top result when you search for "most expensive _____"?

It is insane how pervasive is the idea that whiskey ages in the bottle.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'd be cool living next door to a theremin player.

Everything would be spoooooky all the time.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

trickybiscuits posted:

His name is Alumnus. This is what his parents named him.

That's a lot of pressure to put on a child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Usually if you notice there's some know it all nerds playing the trivia you just make the next round sports questions and have it be for so many points that the previous rounds were meaningless.