Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

DavidAlltheTime posted:

Are servers taxed differently than non-service industry workers?

Tip income is imputed to people who work in ordinarily tipped positions, so if you're a waiter and you only report your $2.13 an hour (US minimum wage for tipped employees), you could be audited and fined.

It is all complete loving bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

kazil posted:

No one born in the last 50 years has been named Maggie

Maggie Gyllenhaal

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Tunicate posted:

This is one of those guys who uses 'ape' as a codeword for 'black' right?

Why would a black dude be angry about a "gently caress Off, Nazis" sign?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

ilmucche posted:

I tend to tune out when people call him drumpf. Just use his real drat name.

:same:

Also, why is an English person and her kids' class nattering on about Trump when they have a perfectly lovely Prime Minister of their own right there?

Unless this is a US person who is just so much of a tea-a-boo that she thinks US kids call their teacher "Miss", in addition to various Anglicisms.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Sir Lemming posted:

11 years old really isn't that young anyway. They don't just completely avoid any mention of war, Native American genocide, etc. before high school, it's kind of impossible to learn history without that. Too young to read Night, perhaps, but a general overview of the Holocaust, sure.

We read The Diary of Anne Frank in I think 7th grade. That's pretty common in US middle schools/junior highs :shrug:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

RoboRodent posted:

Why is she hiding cookies in her bathroom? That doesn't sound sanitary.

Because she has nine kids!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Thin Privilege posted:

Aren't there schools that are ok with no vaccines so all the kids are unvaccinated? Like in California or something? Or is that stdExist

Cali tightened its rules in 2015. Here's a map; the states with yellow syringes for "philosophical objection" are the crazy states.

Most? All? states include both public and private schools in the vax requirements.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

BioEnchanted posted:

*Phone rings* "Hello Mr Stewart... You humiliated me... Taunted me... almost cost me my academic career - but you underestimated me. If you do not allow a resit soon I will find you. I will kill you. That exam will be

TAKEN 4 Coming soon to a theatre near you! Starring Michael Cera in the role of Liam Neeson!"

I was thinking "worst remake of The Count of Monte Cristo ever" but I like yours more.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Are women supposed to stop wearing underwear when they turn 80?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Disproportionate Orphan posted:

Oh, look, an update.

'"Where he was confronted with the all the information listed above. Mr. Witt subsequently admitted to accidentally cutting himself with the knife while parked in his car in front of the sporting goods store and admitted making up the story about being attacked," Sheridan police said in their statement.'

Never have I been smugger about calling a stdh.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Then I would be bragging about how my grandpa personally killed Hitler, probably

That was Hitler's best accomplishment, but he didn't have any kids, so the question is, who was grandpa, really? :iiam:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Wait... why do you need papers signed by a doctor to say that you're allergic to your own carpet? No treatment thanks, just a note will do.

Breaking a lease on a rental?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

starkebn posted:

There's no "should". If you're ethically opposed, fine, but there is no blanket case for "should" avoid.

I think Paladins meant "'should' according to the recommendations of the RCC," not "should" for people in general.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Yes, there's a good site called PinkTruth.com, created by a forensic accountant, that outlines how Mary Kay runs the "free pink Cadillac" scam. Very similar to what you describe, Zipperelli.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Claudia Winkleman is :boom: always.

Even the "Bluff the Listener" games on Wait Wait Don't Tell Me here in :911: are better stdh.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

tyblazitar posted:

Ah yes, stupid hippie stereotypes, famously well-versed in gun model names.

They also love ISIS.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Zero One posted:

STDidH:

Universal built a new waterpark with some waterslides that have a 200lb limit. Not kid slides. Adult slides. And they have a scale at the top to make sure.

This is a brand new park built in America.

Awkward for tall but not fat dudes. Like, the only person in the NBA who can go on that is Isaiah Washington. Which I hope he does, and then tells everyone else it was loving awesome. Sorry you missed it, Lebron!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Clearly, construction workers do not get fired for being creeps to passing ladies, because there are still construction workers.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

WrenP-Complete posted:

My understanding is that street harassment from construction workers reduced considerably once construction projects started posting names and contact information for the contracts they were working on - maybe in the 90s? I can find the study about this if you're interested.

Interesting! Yes, it would be cool to see the study for sure.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

ReidRansom posted:

They all sound like they're written by ex-fats. Or still kinda fats but not super duper fats like those gross fats.

There is nothing more tiresome than people carrying on about other people being fat. It just makes them seem like a fat person who wants to be reassured they're "one of the good ones."

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Strudel Man posted:

Well, they are.

User name is sad disappointment.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

It's "cock carousel," right?

Worst! Snype!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Lisa: A passive-aggressive bitch

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Yes, asexual people have heard of sex, and should be aware that "in the bedroom" is a euphemism for sex.

I don't ride a motorcycle, but if someone in a Harley shirt told me about his "sick hawg" I wouldn't pretend to think he had a diseased pig.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Volcott posted:

Has polyamory ever worked out? Like, even once?

Yes. I know a polyamorous group who have shared a multifamily house for going on twenty years, and they all get along wonderfully. They're also big old hippies.

Ossie Davis and Ruby Dee had a happy open marriage for decades.

So, twice, at least.

If you count swinging as polyamory, I've interviewed a bunch of people in decades-long marriages or relationships who have been swinging the whole time.

AlbieQuirky has a new favorite as of 03:45 on Dec 21, 2017

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

SerialKilldeer posted:

To be fair, some kids would probably get a laugh out of trolling their parents like that, so that part of the story I can almost believe.

But the "we know nothing of anything related to Christmas" thing is just so bizarre.

Maybe if they were Jehovah's Witnesses or one of those Messianic Christian sects, but random secular people?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

oldpainless posted:

As a man who does indeed pack a big dick, I can confirm that scenario happens on a near daily basis where my enormous penis must be spoken of and also leads to people being fired.

more like boldpenis

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

maswastaken posted:

Having read the book, I prefer your take on it.

:same: That fills me with rage.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

The greatest World War I movie of all time is La Grande Illusion. Fite me irl :colbert:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Katt posted:

This would make for a great sitcom scene.

Yes, Reno 911 and Officer Dangle.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Arivia posted:

But how do people know she paid $50 in the first place?

They saw 10 soldiers and knew the lunch was $5.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Someone once handed me an equally stupid business card about why I shouldn't talk on a cell phone on the train (not in the quiet car, I'm not a barbarian) and I could not stop laughing. I believe that this could happen, whether or not it actually did.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Kevin Palpatine posted:

yeah but for that you need probable caws

:boom:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

People who inject their anti-beetus definitely use the sharps containers in public bathrooms. They are there for all drugs, not just the cool ones.

This. Unless I live in a city full of wealthy, plump old ladies using H, diabetes people are all over those sharps containers.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

yeah I eat rear end posted:

#3 was terrible but i kind of lost it at Woman: I'm [Woman].

Hear me [roar]
In [numbers] too big to ignore

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Evilreaver posted:

You know how some people are workaholics? Well I'm an Alcoholic :homer:

One of The Onion's very best.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

oldpainless posted:

There’s actually a character called shiro kishi in episode 11 season 2 of the show but heh I wouldn’t expect every plebe to know that.

more like old shutthefuckupaboutchildren'scartoons

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

So clearly this didn't happen at Louisbourg. Which is honestly not all that authentically recreated, given when it was done and that it was a giant work scheme for unemployed miners. Fun, though. Get the molasses cookies, you won't be sorry.

Unless they mean Port-Royal, which is much more authentic but not a fort?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Non Serviam posted:

Can you explain the correlation between the first part of this sentence and the last? How on earth did you think giving weed to your dog would be a good idea?

I think the logic was that marijuana is an appetite stimulant for many people, and therefore would be for dogs? I don't think it's good logic, because dogs and people are very different, but the first premise is sound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Dienes posted:

No its not? A lot of anti-inflammatories that are safe for humans are deadly to cats and dogs, even in small doses. As is acetaminophen, peusdoephedrine, antidepressants, methylphenidate, and even some common vitamin supplements. poo poo, humans can eat chocolate, avocado, garlic, raisins, and hops without issue, but those can all kill your dog.

Drugging your dog because you like the drug is asinine.

Neither of us were endorsing this. We were each explaining the possible first premises the dude was reasoning badly from. I think we all agree that this was a terrible idea because humans and dogs are different animals.

Anyway, it didn't happen, so we all learned something I guess :shrug:

Sorry about your pupper, Big Dog Daddy.