Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
From a wrestling forum I frequent.

quote:

Sort of on the same lines, but yesterday my (very) new girlfriend phoned me when I was in the pub. My ringtone is the Nakamura theme.
At least 15 people joined in with the tune. There weren't many more in the pub.
Made it kind of cool, but I also got booed when I answered the call!

I mean Nakamura has a catchy as hell theme but the idea of at least random fifteen people humming along is right up there with the entire room applauding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I wish there were more comments with people congratulating him.

They're my favourite part of stdh.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

genetic_knockout posted:

Found this on my pregnancy forum--I totally don't doubt the first part probably happened, but then it just veers right into stdh territory

I tried to get through this but stopped at Toxic family etc. I just can't do it anymore, it's painful.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

And everybody applauded

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Here's the status in full, with many congratulations and fawning

https://twitter.com/JenElleCairns/status/971739995726893058

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

SkunkDuster posted:

What was that thread about a hotel employee (not the big guy) who had a bunch of STDH stories and then M R CRACKER came in and started posting his brand of crazy STDH causing the OP to have a meltdown because it was his thread and M R CRACKER was stealing all his glory?

Joey Vapes and the resident who had fashioned a dildo out of a deodorant can, plastic bags and condoms, and then attached it to a spring in his mattress?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/thunt59/status/1029530308713033728?s=19

I'm the person who keeps the same phone for five years

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Must just be me then. I lose, damage or otherwise upgrade my phone every 18 months or so.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

That guy has the worst face I've ever seen.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Judging by the description of the writer, this was in a HMV.

Wait, it didn't happen, so...?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Here's another parody of that which gets me every time

quote:

A liberal muslim homosexual ACLU lawyer professor and abortion doctor was teaching a class on Karl Marx, known atheist

”Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Marx and accept that he was the most highly-evolved being the world has ever known, even greater than Jesus Christ!”

At this moment, a brave, patriotic, pro-life Navy SEAL champion who had served 1500 tours of duty and understood the necessity of war and fully supported all military decision made by the United States stood up and held up a rock.

”How old is this rock, pinhead?”

The arrogant professor smirked quite Jewishly and smugly replied “4.6 billion years, you stupid Christian”

”Wrong. It’s been 5,000 years since God created it. If it was 4.6 billion years old and evolution, as you say, is real… then it should be an animal now”

The professor was visibly shaken, and dropped his chalk and copy of Origin of the Species. He stormed out of the room crying those liberal crocodile tears. The same tears liberals cry for the “poor” (who today live in such luxury that most own refrigerators) when they jealously try to claw justly earned wealth from the deserving job creators. There is no doubt that at this point our professor, DeShawn Washington, wished he had pulled himself up by his bootstraps and become more than a sophist liberal professor. He wished so much that he had a gun to shoot himself from embarrassment, but he himself had petitioned against them!

The students applauded and all registered Republican that day and accepted Jesus as their lord and savior. An eagle named “Small Government” flew into the room and perched atop the American Flag and shed a tear on the chalk. The pledge of allegiance was read several times, and God himself showed up and enacted a flat tax rate across the country.

The professor lost his tenure and was fired the next day. He died of the gay plague AIDS and was tossed into the lake of fire for all eternity.

Semper Fi.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I'm the "your neighbours" instead of "us".

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I asked a "staff member" at a clothes store if I was OK to use the changing room and he said no. I got annoyed and asked why I couldn't and he mumbled something that he didn't work there so I apologised. I dont why he said I couldn't use the room though :iiam:

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I'm the gay man's dialogue written by a straight person who has never met a homosexual in real life.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I buy cigarettes and whisky for my local crows.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Arrgh those responses from other "authors" are causing me actual pain.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I'm law 567309-8.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Here comes the double down

https://twitter.com/vonny_bravo/status/1096052253037871104?s=19

https://twitter.com/vonny_bravo/status/1096053119404904449?s=19

https://twitter.com/vonny_bravo/status/1096054369072660480?s=19

Kosmo Gallion has a new favorite as of 16:22 on Feb 14, 2019

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Oh God she gets worse

https://twitter.com/vonny_bravo/status/1096056323186274306?s=19

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Came across some IRL STDH today on a training course. A trainee midwife played the La-A card. I was expecting somebody else to play the Chlamydia card but alas no.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I too, am not super picky when I go clubbing

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Read the bartenders lines with a positive slant and she's being perfectly fine.

-She offers him the cheap rum he asked for.
-She accidentally pours him the expensive one and offers to replace it.
-She even offers to knock off 50 cents for another cheap rum.

As for the quip about his clothes, I guarantee this guy was wearing cargo shorts and a Deadpool t-shirt.

(if this happened, which clearly it did not)

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
But that bar is frequented by preppy smug college kids who look down on people who aren't perfect so why wouldn't the bar staff be the same?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Fire the supervisor

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/JustJeremyHeyYo/status/1139782173442138112?s=19

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Even my nan who doesn't own a smartphone or computer knows its not called "the google".

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Not enough..... Between..... Sentences

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I can recount events from my dreams but can't accurately describe their mood so there's no point in explaining a load of random bs.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
(I have just ticked over the twelve-month mark as a store manager for a nationwide video game retailer. My predecessor was quite spineless and let customers walk all over our staff, including encouraging them to break policy for refunds and the like. To help rebuild staff morale, I have given every full-time staff member one “f*** off” a year. If a customer is being difficult or belligerent, the staff member can tell the customer to f*** off and ban them from the store. I will back my team all the way to corporate if they use this, because I know they have the store’s best interest at heart. I am the first one to use this, in the last month. A man approaches my register with a new release game, marked at full price.)

Customer: “I want to do a deal with you guys. [Competitor #1] across the mall have this game for $79.” *$20 cheaper than us* “But, if you promise to sell it to me for $59, I’ll buy another two game from you that are worth $50. What do you say?”

Me: “I’m sorry, if you can find the game cheaper elsewhere then I recommend you go for it as I can’t reduce the price beyond a price match.”

Customer: “Okay, then. Okay, then. I know that [Competitor #2] is selling this game at $59. Will you beat that?”

Me: “No, because according to their website they’re selling the game at $85.”

Customer: “Oh, it’s one of those special ‘in-store only’ sales! It’s not online!”

Me: “Odd. When were you there?”

Customer: “About ten minutes ago.”

Me: “Hmm, well, I was there around half an hour ago on my break. I didn’t see that sticker. Either they did it in the last 20 minutes, or you misread the sign.”

Customer: “Listen. I am a very rich man and I shop here all the time. The owner of this store would be pissed if he knew what you were doing to me. I. Want. This. Game. For. $59. Got. It.?”

Me: “I will sell the game to you at $85 for a price match. No less.”

Customer: “I’m going to call your boss and see what he says.” *pulls out his phone*

Me: *picks up store phone before he has finished dialing* “You’re talking to the boss. F*** off.”

Customer: *shocked* “I… uh… What did you say to me?”

Me: “Sorry, sir, I didn’t recognise you. Can I have your loyalty card, please?”

(The customer hands over his card and I scan it.)

Me: “Okay, thanks for that, Mr. [Customer]. As manager of this store, I inform you that you are no longer welcome on-site for displaying threatening behaviour. Now, f*** off before I call security.”

(My staff stood there with jaws open as he turned and left the store. I updated his loyalty account with details of his banning. One of my team used his “f*** off” the next week on a group of teenagers who were trying to jimmy our shelving racks. We have one staff member with one left; he reckons he’s saving his for Christmas.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/peytnhaag/status/1229622032360493056?s=20

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
sigh of relief, with a hint of a giggle

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
What's a cowboy beard?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://www.facebook.com/91377147531/posts/10157800582362532/

It's gaining massive amounts of traction.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

True, mechanics can be sexist pigs. But shouldn't a chief mechanic of formula one be taking her car to people she knows?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
"he seemed to have explored child sitting services and none were available"

What kind of robots write this stuff?

Content:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013