Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Kasumeat posted:

Mayor Glowku hasn't posted in two days.

Hey don't fuckin' look at me!

In my defense I've actually been working 15 hour days this week. My apology for not posting much :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED

Infinitum posted:

You went from random postings and pushing a Jimson case once we were close to lynch D1, to posing questions and trying to analyse the game D2.

I honestly can't think of anything more ridiculous than claiming that "posing questions and trying to analyse the game" is scummy.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Nor is it likely a coincidence that veteran scum would intentionally target newbie town, hoping that I would be unable to coherently defend myself.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Kasumeat posted:

I honestly can't think of anything more ridiculous than claiming that "posing questions and trying to analyse the game" is scummy.

I honestly can't think of anything more scummy than tryharding. Both lurker and tryhard posting (one of which I'm guilty, sorry guys I really was working hard!) are both super indicative of scum to me. Watch yourself

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Mayor Glowku posted:

I honestly can't think of anything more scummy than tryharding

This is a really, really loving stupid statement.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Kasumeat posted:

This is a really, really loving stupid statement.

K.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Tryhard~

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Wait what, trying is scummy to you?

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Trying and trying way too hard are two different things!

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

I mean yes! Wait which answer would you prefer

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

not trying is pro scum because it lets the scum meld into the background without trying themselves

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Mayor Glowku posted:

I honestly can't think of anything more scummy than tryharding. Both lurker and tryhard posting (one of which I'm guilty, sorry guys I really was working hard!) are both super indicative of scum to me. Watch yourself

In all seriousness, what in the hell would make you say something like that? In this game, which represents 100% of your Mafia experience I believe? the big tryhard was Ganny who was town, and all of the scum were non-effort lurkers. There's absolutely no way that based on your experience you would make a statement like the above if you were being honest. So you're almost certainly scum too.

Also I'm unemployed and really excited about being new to mafia so I have the time and interest in tryharding.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mayor Glowku posted:

Yeah guys stop posting your helpful observations!:rant::sassargh::nono:

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Kasumeat posted:

In all seriousness, what in the hell would make you say something like that? In this game, which represents 100% of your Mafia experience I believe? the big tryhard was Ganny who was town, and all of the scum were non-effort lurkers. There's absolutely no way that based on your experience you would make a statement like the above if you were being honest. So you're almost certainly scum too.

Also I'm unemployed and really excited about being new to mafia so I have the time and interest in tryharding.

Absolutely not 100% of my experience.

I'm allowed to have my own opinions :shrug:

tpink posted:

Yeah guys stop posting your helpful observations!:rant::sassargh::nono:

Most of the times a good scum has "helpful observations" that point everywhere but inward

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Mayor Glowku posted:

Most of the times a good scum has "helpful observations" that point everywhere but inward

Nothing says town like helpful observations that are self-incriminating.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

/sarcasm, in case that wasn't clear to you and somehow you're actually just the dumbest townie in history

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Kasumeat posted:

/sarcasm, in case that wasn't clear to you and somehow you're actually just the dumbest townie in history

My intelligence is often questioned, but rarely my stupidity :frogc00l:

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

If any of you town somehow still think I'm scum, please consider that you hold the same opinion as that guy.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Infinitum posted:

Good job everyone.

Team effort.
:(

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
End of day one votecount link, for my future reference

Infinitum posted:

Scum would be unlikely to hammer one of their own D1

Infinitum posted:

I personally still don't see the SSV vote, but the fact there was no hammer will make him appear to be the most logical target to lynch.
Even though we didnt lynch anyone, we still got a little information in that no one hammered SSV, which, in isolation, is a better reason to vote for someone than the analysis before.

The Mayor, Birdstrike, Prop, tpink, Hal, and SSV didnt hammer.

I trust Hal the most, and I understand why SSV didnt vote. The mayor seems okay to me, as is.

Tpink seems fishy and Birb even more so.

Propaganda Machine posted:

Agreed.

##vote jimson
Where did you come from, and where did you go? Is that your only feeling so far? You've posted only in the jokeish-vote phase and this, which is almost less than nothing.

----
Kasumeat, Jimson, Absurd Revolver, Anomalous Amalgam, Infinitum and myself were voting for SSV.

I dont have strong feeling for most. I think Kas, AA and Infinitum are good so far, and I'm totally null on Jimson but I really dont like the votes for him atm. AR is with Birb in fishiness to me.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Mayor Glowku posted:

I honestly can't think of anything more scummy than tryharding.
:what:

Kasumeat posted:

And Tentative8 hasn't in a day and a half. I'd like to hear from both of them.
When I was on last night our thread was closed :(

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

tentative8e8op posted:

I trust Hal the most, and I understand why SSV didnt vote.

SSV would self-vote if he was town and online. He has to be either scum or offline.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
Im mostly wondering, why is Jimson at -2?

AA posted an early day analysis of the votes and why he's voting Jimson, which reads as good to me:

Anomalous Amalgam, early on posted:

I don't know if there are better candidates, but the lack of turn out for deadline is a bit rough on town. Scum are just going to keep picking us off at night unless we get some cases out there.

Interaction wise, I don't like Tpink's posting during D1 and this quick vote today rubs me the wrong way as well.

...but more than that, I don't like how the votes on Jimson came about and disappeared leading to a stalled vote on SSV.

##vote Jimson

Jimson posts empty gut suspicion about SSV and Birb

Jimson posted:

I have a strong gut feel about SSV if you trust me on this we might have a clean run if he flips scum. Because invariably the next domino id wanna tip would be birb

Which instantly gets Birb to vote, and Prop to step out of nowhere for a third vote

Birdstrike posted:

chain lynches...

are bad

##vote Jimson

SSV and AR hop onto the wagon because 'jimson's weird'

SirSamVimes posted:

Because Jimson's posting has been weird and off. Infinitum's just a gut read.

Also I formatted my vote wrong. ##vote jimmy

Absurd Revolver, to SSV posted:

Jimson has been unusually weird, and I honestly forget why you were so suspect because I am literally a goldfish.

##vote: Jimson

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Kasumeat posted:

SSV would self-vote if he was town and online. He has to be either scum or offline.

:psyboom: self-voting is always anti town

In addition to trying to extend jokephase on D1 well after it was over, Jimson advocated a chain-lynch which is an easy way for scum to string mislynches together. Scummy as gently caress.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kasumeat posted:

Voting for the one person I know 100% is town is a town move?

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
AR jumped late onto Jimson's day one bandwagon. After that fell apart he distanced himself by claiming he really didnt want Jimson to be lynched

Absurd Revolver, about his D1 Jimson vote posted:

I was hoping I hadn't accidentally lured Jimson to an early grave with a misleading D1 post.

##unvote

tentative8e8op posted:

I dont understand what you're saying, please walk me through it. You were Jimson's fourth vote, but you were hoping no one else would vote for him at all, or what?

You are not voicing your thoughts on anyone who voted Jimson after you, and you're putting your vote on no one now that everyone's leaving him. Did you join a group, voting someone you didnt want to see lynched, simply to vote?

Absurd Revolver posted:

It was because it was a joke vote in the first place. I have no real reason to think Jimson is scum right now, but watching him hit 5 votes was pretty funny.

Now that we have actual options, I'm keeping them open. After my last mafia game I'm wary of early lynches.

AR then jumps late onto SSV, a good thing so late in the day, buuut

Absurd Revolver posted:

I'm gonna feel dumb for trusting Jimson if I accidentally kill SSV as town again, but what the hell, live fast, die scum(leave a beautiful corpse).

##vote: SSV

Ar now jumps onto a third bandwagon for no reason at all, and claims SSV is no suspect

Absurd Revolver posted:

Jimson has been unusually weird, and I honestly forget why you were so suspect because I am literally a goldfish.

##vote: Jimson

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

tentative8e8op posted:

AR jumped late onto Jimson's day one bandwagon. After that fell apart he distanced himself by claiming he really didnt want Jimson to be lynched

AR then jumps late onto SSV, a good thing so late in the day, buuut

Ar now jumps onto a third bandwagon for no reason at all, and claims SSV is no suspect

No I honestly forgot why. I guess he said some weird stuff? But so has Jimson. Mostly I just want a vote to go through this time, I guess?

This isn't an act, I'm really this clueless. If you can give me a compelling read on someone I'm likely to flip again.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
##vote Propaganda Machine

Id be happy seeing Birdstrike and AR die too, and, with the overlap of posters who didnt vote for/are defending SSV and are voting for Jimson, an SSV flip would be good for the info we could nab.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

Voting for the one person I know 100% is town is a town move?

This has to be you just playing dumb, but I'll answer it for the others so they know how shady you are.

If you're town and have to choose between self-hammer and no-lynch, self-hammer is better. It gives us all information on your alignment, which helps settle disputes (it would pretty much settle the one between myself and Infinitum right now) and discern the alignment of who cased and voted against you. And obviously it's pro-town to lynch. If you don't lynch anyone, town loses. We're basically starting this game down a town now, with only 2 extras days of discussion to show for it.

And obviously you could be scum, which is by far the most likely reason you didn't self-hammer at the deadline.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

tentative8e8op posted:

Id be happy seeing Birdstrike and AR die too, and, with the overlap of posters who didnt vote for/are defending SSV and are voting for Jimson, an SSV flip would be good for the info we could nab.

I'm not convinced that people wagoning is a good reason to lynch them. There's 5 people on that wagon. At least 2 are town, probably 3 or 4, possibly all of them. There are better candidates in this game.

You said you think Infinitum and I are both town. Can you explain why? I cased him pretty clearly.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Kasumeat posted:

I'm not convinced that people wagoning is a good reason to lynch them. There's 5 people on that wagon. At least 2 are town, probably 3 or 4, possibly all of them. There are better candidates in this game.

You said you think Infinitum and I are both town. Can you explain why? I cased him pretty clearly.

The current wagon is the only thing Propaganda machine has done. She's absent for late D1, but has been reading the thread enough to throw her only non-jokephase post onto a forming bandwagon just an hour after Birdstrike's Jimson vote.

Jimson has pointed at SSV, and Birb is defending and going anti-Jimson, and Prop is joining on. SSV-defending posts are VERY interesting to me right now, due to the failed lynch, and the way Jimson's current bandwagon got to H-2 out of nothing worries me.

Both you and Infinitum seem to be digging into eachother. You're seeming to focus too tightly and he's not posting as much as I'd like, but I dont have bad vibes from either of you as-is. Both of your postings, focus's and actions seem null to town to me.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

tentative8e8op posted:

Both you and Infinitum seem to be digging into eachother. You're seeming to focus too tightly and he's not posting as much as I'd like, but I dont have bad vibes from either of you as-is. Both of your postings, focus's and actions seem null to town to me.

I've cased SSV, Jimson, Infinitum, and Glowku. Infinitum has ignored everybody except for me. Please explain how the gently caress I'M the one focusing too tightly. And how the gently caress has he done anything pro-town? Literally all of his non-joke posts are ridiculing me for saying "scum" or saying he's certain that SSV is town without any justification.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

tentative8e8op posted:

Only quoting this one, but re: your other points:

I didn't hammer because I was bad and missed deadline. Sorry about that.

I'm hanging back for now because I haven't gotten clear reads on anyone. A vote for jimson based on a chain lynch is responding to anti-town behavior and as good as anything at this point. Also, I got killed in my last game for posting too much on a vague hunch. There's definitely stuff to read from the last couple pages though. I'd like to give it a reread or two.

I'm actually tempted to vote for you not out of spite, but because your case sucks. Besides, not posting enough would get me modkilled. Why wouldn't you put a vote against someone with momentum? It's really, really important that we pull off the lynch today, and the day would be a waste if you get rid of someone who hasn't given a good amount of content to pick through later.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

I'm hanging back for now because I haven't gotten clear reads on anyone. A vote for jimson based on a chain lynch is responding to anti-town behavior and as good as anything at this point. Also, I got killed in my last game for posting too much on a vague hunch. There's definitely stuff to read from the last couple pages though. I'd like to give it a reread or two.

I'm actually tempted to vote for you not out of spite, but because your case sucks. Besides, not posting enough would get me modkilled. Why wouldn't you put a vote against someone with momentum? It's really, really important that we pull off the lynch today, and the day would be a waste if you get rid of someone who hasn't given a good amount of content to pick through later.

Yay, you responded quickly... to tell us that you're quiet on purpose, and that we shouldn't vote you because you havent interacted with anyone?

Youve obviously been following, how about you give us your views now, instead of putting off your "reread or two" for an indeterminate future time?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
who's gone quiet in all this?

that's right, our old friend jimscumson

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
By the way, there are her only two posts post-jokephase.

Agreed.

##vote jimson
She's jumping onto a bandwagon while voicing no opinion at all.

And her quick response to being called out is that
1) she's quiet on purpose but thats why we shouldnt vote for her
2) she's reading but will tell us her views at some indeterminite later time
3) voting for a lurker is about the scummiest thing
4) only 13 hours into a day, we really really need to hurry up and vote off Jimson

This is the worst post I've read so far

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

tentative8e8op posted:

By the way, there are her only two posts post-jokephase.

She's jumping onto a bandwagon while voicing no opinion at all.

And her quick response to being called out is that
1) she's quiet on purpose but thats why we shouldnt vote for her
2) she's reading but will tell us her views at some indeterminite later time
3) voting for a lurker is about the scummiest thing
4) only 13 hours into a day, we really really need to hurry up and vote off Jimson

This is the worst post I've read so far

That's not what she said at all, and you completely ignored my question.

Also, don't sign your posts. :smug:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Jimson (5): Anomalous Amalgam, Birdstrike, Propaganda Machine, SirSamVimes, Absurd Revolver
SirSamVimes (2): tpink, Absurd Revolver, Absurd Revolver, Jimson
Kasumeat (1): Infinitum
Infinitum (1): Kasumeat
Propaganda Machine (1): tentative8e8op

Not Voting (2): Hal Incandenza, Mayor Glowku

There are 12 living players. Elimination occurs at 7 votes!

The current deadline is April 21st, 2016 at 12:30 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 8 hours.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Absurd Revolver
:henget:

Bandwagon champion. That's what AR is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

##vote Absurd Revolver
:henget:

Bandwagon champion. That's what AR is.

I'm just so bad at forming opinions before the first scum flip. I honestly just go with whatever people yell the loudest.

• Locked thread