Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Hey, Allen!

You know what to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Allen Wren posted:

...I presume this is a signup, but I didn't think you played?

I have an on-again/off-again relationship with mafia. But yes, sign me up!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Your Personal Muse posted:

Everyone from the 70s is dead so this is another zombie game very original

Counter-examples: Bob Dylan and Cher.

Oh, wait.

... poo poo.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I want to thunderdome the seizure-inducing avatars, because seizures are horrible.

Ever had a seizure?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

As I continue my exploration into harmony, I must find harmony with myself.

Four can play at that game. This is a true progression.

##vote Anomalous Amalgam

That was New York in the *60's*, you rube.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

SirSamVimes posted:

voting the mayor pretty scummy imo

I'll throw in a vote because in my limited experience, this guy seems to obsfucate things.

Will probably switch it up tomorrow (real time, not game time).

In the extremely unlikely case that you are a) not scum, and b) lynched, you have my deepest apologies.

D1, all y'all!

#vote Glowku

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

SirSamVimes posted:

Also just so everyone knows. We are now using SA's fancy automatic vote-counting robot. This means that for votes to count, they must be formatted correctly like so.

##vote glowku

You don't need to get the name right, but you do need the double ##

##unvote

Ah, poo poo.

##vote Glowku

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

SirSamVimes posted:

Now then, why do you think that it's "extremely unlikely" that Mayor Glowku is not scum?

it's extremely unlikely that he is both scum and won't get lynched. It's day one. I wouldn't stand firmly behind the both. So, I'm not necessarily convinced that he is scum (obviously), nor do I expect he would be lynched. Either of the two, possible.

Got something better for me?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
given that,

##unvote !!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Propaganda Machine posted:

it's extremely unlikely that he is both scum and won't get lynched. It's day one. I wouldn't stand firmly behind the both. So, I'm not necessarily convinced that he is scum (obviously), nor do I expect he would be lynched. Either of the two, possible.

Got something better for me?

mafia edit:

it's extremely unlikely that he is both scum and *would get lynched.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Birdstrike posted:

chain lynches...

are bad

##vote Jimson

Agreed.

##vote jimson

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

tentative8e8op posted:

##vote Propaganda Machine

Id be happy seeing Birdstrike and AR die too, and, with the overlap of posters who didnt vote for/are defending SSV and are voting for Jimson, an SSV flip would be good for the info we could nab.

Only quoting this one, but re: your other points:

I didn't hammer because I was bad and missed deadline. Sorry about that.

I'm hanging back for now because I haven't gotten clear reads on anyone. A vote for jimson based on a chain lynch is responding to anti-town behavior and as good as anything at this point. Also, I got killed in my last game for posting too much on a vague hunch. There's definitely stuff to read from the last couple pages though. I'd like to give it a reread or two.

I'm actually tempted to vote for you not out of spite, but because your case sucks. Besides, not posting enough would get me modkilled. Why wouldn't you put a vote against someone with momentum? It's really, really important that we pull off the lynch today, and the day would be a waste if you get rid of someone who hasn't given a good amount of content to pick through later.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Kasumeat posted:

He almost certainly would've claimed.

But he didn't have to, since he avoided hammer. Claiming almost virtually guarantees that he dies N1 anyway, in which scum get to murder a "confirmed" power role rather than stabbing in the dark.

Not self-hammering isn't the best thing ever for town, but I don't think it's necessarily scummy. I'm in the camp who thinks that a no-lynch is even worse than a town lynch, but a lot of people disagree and I can almost understand why.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Going back and taking a look, I don't like SSV's posting. He makes simple judgement calls without any reasoning, and the one-liner questions feel like he's trying to bait people into saying a lot more than he's willing to. It's one of those things where he's either scum, or a useless townie. There's just not much content to his posting, and while he's posted more frequently than some people (coughs awkwardly), he's doing so in a very empty way.

The scarcity of content makes me wonder if his not self-hammering would be ignorance, or malice/blatant self-preservation.

There's also this exchange, mostly between him and Glowku. He makes a couple of one-liners about trying being townie, and then makes a single further one-line post defending the no self-hammer (which again, could be a null thing, but I'm not sure I'd call that "trying").

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Infinitum posted:

Maybe the dude was busy. Wasn't the D1 deadline a super weird time, even in America?

It's possible. It's why a few of us missed out on voting. It's why I'm not pouncing on his no self-hammer as totally scummy, but that last post he made seems to imply that he could have if he'd wanted to, but didn't want to since he "knows" he's 100% town.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Infinitum posted:

Imma have a read of this in context.

Was this D1 or D2? Can you link the specific quote for me?

SirSamVimes posted:

Voting for the one person I know 100% is town is a town move?

It was D2. The exchange I posted is from D2 as well.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Infinitum posted:

Like I can absolutely see where you're coming from, but I'm still trying to understand Kasu's case that if you're town you should self hammer when it's -1; which is what SSV was responding to.

Mathematically, it's sound reasoning. Town ALWAYS wants to lynch, every day. There are very very few exceptions, but think of the kills:

D1 [town] - N1 [scum] - D2 [town] - N2 [scum] - D3 [town], etc.

Every no-lynch gives scum a free kill as well as initiative.

With a lynch, even a lynch against town, we get a flip and stuff to read. No-lynching yourself makes a lot of sense as scum or a 3p, a lot less sense as a town power role, and no sense at all as a vanilla townie.

Like I said earlier, it's a debate and not a slam-dunk defense/accusation on either side, but SSV's defense in particular was utter poo poo.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Jimson posted:

Coincidentally both bird and SSV have votes on me.

What's the read on bird?

I kind of buy Kasu's case on Int (kind of), and it made me wonder if Int's vote on him was distancing from SSV.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
....so, Birdstrike's posting style is very similar to SSV's. On one hand, he beefs it up with good town logic. On the other hand, he used the vague town logic to drive the bandwagon against jimson, and it's not a great argument anymore since we actually have some content to work with. Besides, the generic town logic seems pretty good for scum to use to defend themselves.

But...I still like this case better, for now:

##vote SSV

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

tpink posted:

Yeah, mathematically this is sound reasoning but it completely ignores the fact that a person who knows he is town doesn't want to self-hammer because then they are out of the game, whereas if they avoid a lunch maybe they last a few more days. I mean I get what you are saying. But it's pretty altruistic to self-hammer as town and end the game for yourself for the benefit of everyone else.

I get that, but keep in mind that even dead townies win if the town wins as a whole. There will always be more games to play.

Anyway no-lynch curiosity is a limited line of logic, but it's one of a few reasons to look at SSV and go hmm.

Anyway, hey SSV! Good to see you. Is that an Australian schedule you have? Honestly curious; apologies for that much. But...

SirSamVimes posted:

I was not busy, I was asleep. My point about selfhammering was a hypothetical, saying that I wouldn't even if I could. I probably would have claimed though in that situation.
[/quote}

Why didn't you just claim that immediately at the time?

quote:

agreed.

People have been bunching you with birdstrike today. Of every line of reasoning you've had to catch up on, why did this one stand out to you, and why would you point it out specifically? If you're after Infinitum, Kasu has given you a lot more to work with.

[quote]
Bit of a jump from thinking he's town to thinking he's part of the scumteam with no explanation.

And then, why this? It seems like you're trying to discredit his read on Kasu to take some heat off of his scumteam hypothesis.

And for my money, it doesn't seem like a huge leap for him. He seems more tentative on his read of Kasu.

What I'm getting from this is that you're continuing to push the vote against jimson, along with bird, and it's not doing much to discredit the idea that you're working together.

As for Kasu's read on jim, it's o-kay, but I think we have better stuff to work with at the moment.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Infinitum posted:

I know Townstrike, and Bird knows Scumfinitum.

Bird would know I'm playing fast and loose Townfinitum like I usually do.

I'm leaning towards the rare and majestic Scumstrike personally, but I would have to see more before I even considered laying a vote on him.

what does this even mean :psyduck:

...oh, wait. I think I get it.

So you're substantiating a gut scumread based on meta?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Derg, mafia edit for formatting/readability. Sorry guys.

tpink posted:

Yeah, mathematically this is sound reasoning but it completely ignores the fact that a person who knows he is town doesn't want to self-hammer because then they are out of the game, whereas if they avoid a lunch maybe they last a few more days. I mean I get what you are saying. But it's pretty altruistic to self-hammer as town and end the game for yourself for the benefit of everyone else.

I get that, but keep in mind that even dead townies win if the town wins as a whole. There will always be more games to play.

Anyway no-lynch curiosity is a limited line of logic, but it's one of a few reasons to look at SSV and go hmm.

Anyway, hey SSV! Good to see you. Is that an Australian schedule you have? Honestly curious; apologies for that much. But...

SirSamVimes posted:

I was not busy, I was asleep. My point about selfhammering was a hypothetical, saying that I wouldn't even if I could. I probably would have claimed though in that situation.

Why didn't you just claim that immediately at the time?

quote:

agreed.

People have been bunching you with birdstrike today. Of every line of reasoning you've had to catch up on, why did this one stand out to you, and why would you point it out specifically? If you're after Infinitum, Kasu has given you a lot more to work with.

quote:

Bit of a jump from thinking he's town to thinking he's part of the scumteam with no explanation.

And then, why this? It seems like you're trying to discredit his read on Kasu to take some heat off of his scumteam hypothesis.

And for my money, it doesn't seem like a huge leap for him. He seems more tentative on his read of Kasu.

What I'm getting from this is that you're continuing to push the vote against jimson, along with bird, and it's not doing much to discredit the idea that you're working together.

As for Kasu's read on jim, it's o-kay, but I think we have better stuff to work with at the moment.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
So you feel better about both bird and ssv than Kasu?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

So you feel better about both bird and ssv than Kasu?

You = infinitum

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

SirSamVimes posted:

I didn't realise how in danger of being lynched I was.

Today, you mean? Or yesterday? What are you saying here? How is it relevant? Like, even if you'd been awake for deadline, your defense reads as a move to no-lynch instead of lynch you.

quote:

:shrug: I try to post opinions. Dunno why that one stood out to me.

And an 'agreed' post drew heat on me. Can you elaborate on the opinion, and maybe check out the rest of the case on Infinitum to speak to it?

quote:

It's more pointing out that he's inconsistent. I think Jimson is scum, and his scatter spray of opinions is one reason for it.

But that wasn't my point. He has been very consistent on you and bird, and less consistent on K, and for a D2 with a no-lynch D1, I think people are allowed to be tentative and wary.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
So given the awkward timing, are the antipodes ready to finalize their votes? With the current distrubution, we're looking at another no-lynch, and that would be BAD.

I implore everybody to re-read and discuss. From what I gather, you guys still have evening left to go, No-lynch arguments aside, we really absolutely cannot afford two in a row.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
If nothing else, the Americans and Europeans who can make it for deadline would love to have some words from you guys. SSV, save yourself. Infinitum, there's a decent case for you in the mix. If you have a case to make, please do it!

And, for the sake of it:

SirSamVimes posted:

You asked why I didn't claim when I was going to be lynched, I didn't realise the danger. Why are you saying that's an irrelevant answer to the question "Why didn't you fullclaim"?

I never asked you to claim. I asked you why you'd argue so hard against your lynch, a day later, even. At first, you claimed you couldn't lynch the "100% town" that you claimed to be yourself, as though you consciously exercised that option. Later, you came with the timing excuse (which, from NZ, is excusable, BUT: ) not coming out with that from the first feels like a scumslip, and you've not responded to it.

quote:

What's there to elaborate? I just agree that fullclaiming when there's absolutely no pressure on you isn't a good thing to do.

Infinitum provided a ton of stuff for you to elaborate upon, as I said before. Once again, a non-answer. So, please, read his case and elaborate. Both him and bird are talking about the same guy.

quote:

And you don't see the scumminess in going from having a town read on someone to declaring that they're scum with absolutely no reasoning or explaining your suspicion?

No. I think D1 is a crapshoot, and we're essentially still on D1. I'm very willing to forgive tentative thought changes as thoughts and arguments arise. Once again, you've responded to me with non-answers.

If you're not scum, give me something substantial and I'll throw my vote elsewhere, but that burden remains with you.

I'd encourage people to look back at YPM's posts from D1-actual. Scum must have thought he was saying something, otherwise he wouldn't have been their first shot for a nightkill.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I live in the Pacific timezone. If I'm not mistaken, 7pm for me, 9 for you in Central, 10 in Eastern, would make it absurdly late/early in Europe and midday in Australia/New Zealand. Seems like it would make sense to take a quick poll based on location. It's doubtful that anything would make everybody happy.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Allen Wren posted:

If I were to push it to when I get home from work (2 am eastern/1 am central/11pm pacific/4 pm AEST) it'd work out at least vaguely okay for everyone except eurozone types.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Kasumeat posted:

A 50% chance to spawn a SK in C9++ is not a stretch. It doesn't necessarily lead to you either. Hal is actually more likely, because it's easy to lurk when you're II.

It's actually only a 33% chance. From the Link in the OP, we can deduce TT, T, or 0 T's based on the fact that we've flipped both a Godfather and a Roleblocker.

So first off, Allen rolled a role-heavy game and now we know it. Fun!

I'm not willing to rule out the SK, though. YPM might have been our only vig, and it would make sense for SK to lie low on N1 to try to shift discussion away from the possibility.

Or, both the SK and mafia targeted YPM N1 :v:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

tentative8e8op posted:

I'm cop

Infinitum is town

Hal, our spectator padding his votefinder games-played ranking, is town.

##vote Absurd Revolver

I'm going to sleep soon. I'll analyze after I wake up tonight, but right now I feel like I'd be happy seeing AR, Prop Machine, tpink or the Mayor die, in that order

This is a really lovely post. I don't know how the rest of you feel about him, but this is an awesome way for mafia (or SK!) to avoid the vote. I'd lean more mafia, though, since claiming cop is an awesome way to get yourself nightkilled (unless you're scum). Why would he want town to lose it's cop just to save Infinitum?

It's also a lovely vote. AR hasn't been cased much if at all, and it's totally unsubstantiated here. tentative voted me on D2 for being quiet, and also for finally responding to him. He didn't really respond to the follow-up from somebody else pointing out how badly he'd misinterpreted my post.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

This is a really lovely post. I don't know how the rest of you feel about him, but this is an awesome way for mafia (or SK!) to avoid the vote. I'd lean more mafia, though, since claiming cop is an awesome way to get yourself nightkilled (unless you're scum). Why would he want town to lose it's cop just to save Infinitum?

It's also a lovely vote. AR hasn't been cased much if at all, and it's totally unsubstantiated here. tentative voted me on D2 for being quiet, and also for finally responding to him. He didn't really respond to the follow-up from somebody else pointing out how badly he'd misinterpreted my post.

Like, if he were a good town cop, he'd be casing the poo poo out of Infinitum to try and prove his innocence, not come right out and roleclaim first thing after his :toot: on D3.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Infinitum posted:

Maybe he's bulletproof? I don't know the setup rules so I'm playing this as straight mafia.

Personally I'd be waiting to at least D4 to present my claims to get an extra person in.

As per the C9++ setup, the only role with any possible bulletproofing is SK, and it's a 50/50 shot between that or investigation-immune. There's no possible town bulletproof, and definitely no town bulletproof stacked on top of another role.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Mayor Glowku posted:

Either way in my mind it doesn't clear Infinitum, and I can understand if he was the cop why he would investigate Hal... It's all too confusing to me

Actually, I think it almost totally clears Infinitum. If he's a goon, Inf is town. If he's not lying, Inf is town.

If he's SK, I don't think he'd be roleclaiming cop and veering the vote away from somebody who's very likely to be town, considering that we're down to one goon among 9-10 townies. He'd want to keep scum alive as long as possible to preserve his tasty nightkills

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Actually, I think it almost totally clears Infinitum. If he's a goon, Inf is town. If he's not lying, Inf is town.

If he's SK, I don't think he'd be roleclaiming cop and veering the vote away from somebody who's very likely to be town, considering that we're down to one goon among 9-10 townies. He'd want to keep scum alive as long as possible to preserve his tasty nightkills

I guess it's possible that Inf would be SK, but I'd only want to go down that path if we nail the goon and the game isn't over yet.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Infinitum posted:

Maybe he's cool with revealing it because 2 scum have died.

Nice to see you posting again after I called you out on it Scumku :nyoron:

But getting himself killed with one scum to go is terrible. AND:

I agree the vote isn't that great, but you're crazy if you think the doc isn't following him for the rest of the game.

I'm sufficiently satisfied that Tentative is town after that post.

This is also very, very bad. If he's anti-town, putting himself in a position to get doctored every night improves his now-terrible chances of winning.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

I'm just saying it is highly unlikely that he's a scum doctor.

Impossible, in fact. If your point wasn't that he would get followed by town doctor, I'm not sure what it was.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Kasumeat posted:

I agree with Prop that's it's pretty early to making those claims. It could be a gambit of a Tentative/Infinitum mafia team. It's a hugely risky one considering that if either one of them gets lynched it's game over for the other OR we could simply have a cop who counterclaims. On the other hand, the scum are in really bad shape right now so it's reasonable to throw a hail mary.

That said, there's no rush to figure this one out. As long as we lynch one of them before it's down to Tent + Inf + 2 others, we guarantee that town wins.

It's actually only a 33% chance. From the Link in the OP, we can deduce TT, T, or 0 T's based on the fact that we've flipped both a Godfather and a Roleblocker.

So first off, Allen rolled a role-heavy game and now we know it. Fun!

I'm not willing to rule out the SK, though. YPM might have been our only vig, and it would make sense for SK to lie low on N1 to try to shift discussion away from the possibility.

Or, both the SK and mafia targeted YPM N1 :v:

We only have one scum left. Unless Allen is lying about the semi-open setup (and I don't think he'd be an unreliable mod), we know that much for sure.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

We only have one scum left. Unless Allen is lying about the semi-open setup (and I don't think he'd be an unreliable mod), we know that much for sure.

Sorry, I should have been clearer:

Based on the flips, the two options are:

-Scum, Godfather, Roleblocker

-Scum, Godfather, Roleblocker, SK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Kasumeat posted:

Emphasis mine. This was posted early D2. Obviously could have been a setup, but that's pretty next-level. I'm definitely inclined to believe Tent.

Did Hal get a namechange I don't know about? I thought he was Sir Not Appearing In This Game.

• Locked thread