Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Kasumeat posted:

Tent was also a pretty early adopter of the SSV wagon.

Might be why he's calling our attention to paying attention to votes, particularly his.

Anyway, here's his D1 vote. Adds nothing himself, but he knows a decent(?) D1 case when he sees it. His [url=http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3772357&pagenumber=9#post458947806]D2 vote Is even worse. After his case against me failed, he just went for the "inevitable."

It actually reads like a solid bus to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Propaganda Machine posted:

Might be why he's calling our attention to paying attention to votes, particularly his.

Anyway, here's his D1 vote. Adds nothing himself, but he knows a decent(?) D1 case when he sees it. His D2 vote Is even worse. After his case against me failed, he just went for the "inevitable."

It actually reads like a solid bus to me.

mafia edit; formatting

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I can see the case on Glowku, but I really don't want to vote Inf today. When and if he flips town, it'll give us little-to-no information. I'm not a fan of his breadcrumbing, but we have a little bit of leeway right now so I'd be curious to see what he does with it when and if he lives through the night (or if he reneges).

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'll point out once again that if, indeed, tentative is a town cop who investigated Infinitum as town, that would necessarily be the case since the Godfather got killed.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Did Hal get a namechange I don't know about? I thought he was Sir Not Appearing In This Game.

At 10pm on a Friday, I was gooning the goon life and checked the OP.

Sorry, Hal :downs:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
wow

um

##vote glowku

Please note, good sir, if you can substantiate a case for literally anybody else in this game, regardless of whether or not I support it, I will unvote.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Mayor Glowku posted:

It's literally 4am here and I'm headed to sleep. Will provide this when I wake up

Looking forward to it! I doubt hammer will hit before then.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

tentative8e8op posted:

I wanted to investigate Propaganda Machine because I felt conflicted about her and wanted to clear everything up in my mind.

Day one she posts and votes in our joke-phase, but unvotes and disappears. She is not voting SSV at the end of day one.

Day two she quickly followed Birdstrike in voting Jimson, in her first non-joke-phase post, which is p empty of actual participation.

When called our for lurking, she defends herself by saying that, although she's following our posts without contributing, she's a bad lynch candidate herself simply because

Later day two she starts participating, which I like, but her content honestly feels like bussing. After Jimson's wagon started to fall apart and SSV became likely she voted SSV, but kept asking SSV to save himself or give her an out to move her vote away

It's so cute how you accuse me of bussing after I accuse you of bussing :allears:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Oh, wait, and you're not even defending your cop claim?

Why the actual gently caress would an actual townie cop reveal on day loving three with 2/3 scum down and ten players remaining? Please explain this to me.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Oh, wait, and you're not even defending your cop claim?

Why the actual gently caress would an actual townie cop reveal on day loving three with 2/3 scum down and ten players remaining? Please explain this to me.

Sorry, I should learn to mafia quote myself, I guess. That was for *cough* the guy who cop-claimed.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

tentative8e8op posted:

I dont like viewing roles as a hard 'ho-hum i must play this way'. I'm playing to argue and figure out suspects via post more than anything. I feel like a cop's utility is not to directly be just a simple ARE YOU SCUM tool, but to be a bonus to guide discussion or check out players who may otherwise make it to lylo without suspicion.

Day two it was obvious that today would be either go Kasumeat or Infinitum with very little useful discourse. I felt kinda sure about both being town, while you were like 1/3 chance to be scum in my mind. Rather than take a shot in the dark and risk losing a day to apathy and narrow focus(and risk dying at night useless anyway), I'm totally happy with using my investigation to magically turn a day into something really productive by stopping that dumb feud.

Hey, look! It's another lovely post! Let's break it down:

"I dont like viewing roles as a hard 'ho-hum i must play this way'. "

Indeed. I like viewing roles as stuff to do at night to (hopefully) support your cause.

"I'm playing to argue and figure out suspects via post more than anything."

So, why the gently caress would you blow your cover as cop to save 1 out of 9 townies on day 3 with one scum to go? You still haven't answered this.

" I feel like a cop's utility is not to directly be just a simple ARE YOU SCUM tool, but to be a bonus to guide discussion or check out players who may otherwise make it to lylo without suspicion."

Um, no. Go back and reread the criticism of your roleclaim, please. Cop can come in handy in full roleclaim extravaganza late game, but in the meantime, if you really are cop, you should be reading up in previous days (hey, isn't that why you've been linking vote histories?) and figuring out why the townies you have investigated are not scum. If you are in fact town cop, you don't want to get NKed. You would be a valuable asset. You wouldn't come out with it with at least nine townies left.

The second paragraph isn't worth my time. It's utter hubris.

I'm waiting on Glowku to come back, but I'm smelling bullshit.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
" I feel like a cop's utility is not to directly be just a simple ARE YOU SCUM tool, but to be a bonus to guide discussion or check out players who may otherwise make it to lylo without suspicion."

Okay, I was glib on this one.

"Bonus guide to discussion?"

The claim is suspect. It does nothing, other than my prior reasoning that you've confirmed Inf as not scum, regardless of you.

So, sure. When and if you get killed and flip cop, welp.

"check out players who may otherwise make it to lylo without suspicion."

But here is the actual bullshit. Check out players who would slink into lylo, so you investigate Mr. Townie Inf? And after the whole discussion of sacrificing town for the greater good, AND the strong role reveal? Give me a break.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
To AA, I almost want to apologize for being singularly minded, but that's my strongest read by far.

For what it's worth, Glowku hasn't made a case; he's just been defending himself, so my vote is staying put.

Making a hard case has definitely gotten me lynched before, but claiming cop is generally a last ditch scum move, and he's given us stuff to work with.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

tentative8e8op posted:

I'm she, and I dont think you'll have to worry about me surviving long enough to be a proplem.

Apologies, and noted.

It's weird how the internet assumes masculinity. This isn't meta, it's just kind of depressing.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'm wondering why scum would target Kasu. He was getting cased as much as anybody. It seems strange.

Imma reread his posts in the morning. He may have been onto something they're afraid of.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
What really strikes me as suspect is that Glowku refused to self-hammer, after we spent an entire day bitching about it.

It's not confirming scum or anything, but...ugh.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Infinitum posted:

One possibility is to maybe throw shade on myself, as I've been gunning for him all game?

That would be a bad, lazy, stupid scum move.

...unless you're anti-town, after all

:tinfoil:

But, no, seriously. It wouldn't be that transparent, would it?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
What can I say, WIFOM is a deep well full of...wine.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Terms like breadcrumbing?

Speaking of which, you said you'd have results today if you survived. Bring it.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
*rereads*

hunh. So it is. Sorry about that.

Well, somebody said that. I'm not quite that full of poo poo, nor that senile.

*reads more*

It wasn't Jimson. He had one entire post yesterday, which is being generous and counting his posting overnight amongst deadline chat. Hunh.

Checking tpink, he's inclined to vote for Glowku beacause of Kasu's reasoning. Hunh.

Reading AA gave me nothing. Reading AR gave me a bad feeling, but whatever for now.

Reread Glowku just in case. Found nothing, though I'm not feeling great about him at all.

...rereading Kasu...

Okay, it might have been a fever dream. Apologies.

But I would encourage everybody to reread Kasu and think about why he got NKed.

##vote Glowku

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
:ghost: Good luck town! I irrationally believe in you! :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Allen Wren posted:

Pmach was on fire in the early game blocking shots, yeah.

D'aww :3:

I'm just sad my master plan didn't come to fruition. I hated the cop claim and the block confirmed 8e8op not to be full of poo poo; figured fake cop would claim an investigation anyway. I was going to use it for cases the next day.

Then I got whacked :v:

Phone posting sucks but thank you once again to Allen for the obvious effort that went into this. Fun setup, fun flavor, and I think I even managed to learn something.

• Locked thread