Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
divedivedive
Jun 6, 2011
Been a while since I played ME2 but this brought back some intense Insanity run memories, that was one tough mission. Getting charged by groups of massively armored krogan was not fun, don't know how many times I got killed there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

grack posted:

You don't pick up Archangel on Omega first? Interesting.
I prefer having a heavy hitter for that "go off and close the doors section" to leave with him and I'm rotating out people as we acquire them. Zaeed's already seen double duty.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

SubponticatePoster posted:

I prefer having a heavy hitter for that "go off and close the doors section" to leave with him and I'm rotating out people as we acquire them. Zaeed's already seen double duty.

That makes sense. Grunt is fun to have around, especially when he does his little charge animation and knocks people over.

It does mean, though, that we'll have to wait for another update to see just how bugfuck crazy one of Butts' former squadmates went in two years.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

As fun as Grunt is, picking up Okeer himself instead would've been neat too. It'd be a fun twist to have a krogan scientist on the squad, maybe one that can play off Moridin's character, over another krogan punchman warrior just for the difference.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

grack posted:

That makes sense. Grunt is fun to have around, especially when he does his little charge animation and knocks people over.

It does mean, though, that we'll have to wait for another update to see just how bugfuck crazy one of Butts' former squadmates went in two years.
Actually, it'll be a few updates, just FYI. Once I have the first few squadmates recruited I'll start taking votes for who people want on missions.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

You know the answer to this.

Bro Squad 2.0.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

MA-Horus posted:

You know the answer to this.

Bro Squad 2.0.
Not specific enough :colbert: Because there are 5 bros to choose from.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Did you remember to include Jimmy?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

FoolyCharged posted:

Did you remember to include Jimmy?

The guy with the drinking problem?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Pfft.

BroSquad V1.0 included Garrus and Wrex.

BroSquad V2.0 is Garrus and Grunt. Samara when you need the extra Biotic God.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Team Star Trek Away Team? Captain, Science Officer, Medic?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Psychopaths with Firearms

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
You use the Paladin over the Carnifex? For shame, Subponticate :colbert:

powerful lizard
Jan 28, 2009
Loud Car Person clearly came tooling by in the Mako.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Fanzay posted:

You use the Paladin over the Carnifex? For shame, Subponticate :colbert:
I'm honestly not a huge fan of the Carnifex. It's fine on squadmates but the really low ammo count is too much of a pain in the rear end.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Phalanx is the best pistol because you get a laser dot. Fact.

The Predator just needs another few rounds in the mag to make it really competitive with the Carnifex. I remember modding it once to have +5 rounds (so 17 instead of 12) and it was actually really good, maybe too good.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

I'm honestly not a huge fan of the Carnifex. It's fine on squadmates but the really low ammo count is too much of a pain in the rear end.

It helps that squadmates have unlimited ammo, which basically negates the biggest issue with the Carnifex. They also suck with the Phalanx.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Next update's ingredients:
Vodka
Triple Sec
Chambord
Blue curaco

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Heh. I get it. Clever.

It's time to meet Archangel.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

MA-Horus posted:

Heh. I get it. Clever.

It's time to meet Archangel.
Well, I'm not exactly clever. So you might be wrong! :v:

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!
Just chiming in to say that me and my girlfriend (who has never seen/played Mass Effect, but knows some stuff about it from me) are currently going through your ME1 LP Subponticate, and we are both having a fun time watching Bioware's bad programming, and enjoying your commentary on the game. Looking forward to catching up with/watching the ME2 LP. I don't drink but she does, so hopefully she can experiment and let me know how these drinks are.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Aw, thanks. Glad you're liking it. You can look at all the recipes before starting ME2 and have all the ingredients on hand! If you're going to play along I wouldn't recommend binge watching though :ohdear:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

It would make mixing the drinks easy though, just pour everything into a bucket and enjoy.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

a bucket would be convenient to have for that yeah

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Poil posted:

It would make mixing the drinks easy though, just pour everything into a bucket and enjoy.

The Omega. A massive fuckoff dirty pint. All the scum of the galaxy.

SS-Kumei
Sep 1, 2012

MarquiseMindfang posted:

The Omega. A massive fuckoff dirty pint. All the scum of the galaxy.

Wait, just a pint? I figured it'd be at least a three gallon bucket, be a shame to waste all that space. Unless, that is, you plan on sharing all that grog, I suppose. It occurs to me that I'm messing up the the ratios wrong, the recipes are calling for like 1 oz of the liquors to a cup or so of other stuff, I've been doing like 50/50, at least of the ones I actually followed.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'm pretty sure the Omega would just be a Four Horsemen

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

JT Jag posted:

I'm pretty sure the Omega would just be a Four Horsemen
Well, we have seen Pestilence already. (not sure I'd want to drink anything related to that)

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Poil posted:

Well, we have seen Pestilence already. (not sure I'd want to drink anything related to that)
The Four Horsemen is a type of drink/shot which is notorious for causing explosive vomiting

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

JT Jag posted:

The Four Horsemen is a type of drink/shot which is notorious for causing explosive vomiting
Oh. :saddowns:

That is very fitting to Omega.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

K/G/B

The Drink
Kasumikaze
2 oz vodka
1 oz triple sec
1 oz Chambord
1 oz blue curaco

Add ingredients to a shaker full of ice. Shake shake shake and drink the fucker.

The Drinking Game
We pretty much do nothing but blabber at people this whole video, so take a drink every time we talk to a person (not every sentence Jesus Christ you'll die).

The Episode
Oh, look, an update. Sorry about the delay, past week has been busy. Anyway, we talk to a bunch of people on our ship, then wake up the babby Krogan in the hold. Grunt is a pretty good squadmember. He is for all intents and purposes a teenager and acts as such, just with a lot more punching and shooting of people. He's voiced by VA everyman Steve Blum, though it's a bit hard to tell with the filters. He learned everything Okeer imprinted on him, but doesn't give a poo poo about old stuff and is perfectly content loving people up. Perfect for us.

Then we head on over to the Citadel to pick up another DLC squad member - Kasumi Goto. Kasumi would be the sci-fi equivalent of a rogue; she cloaks and then pops up behind people and ganks them. She's got great banter and is the only person in all 3 games to refer to Shepard as "Shep." :3: She's also good at hacking. THIS WILL BE IMPORTANT LATER. You can upgrade her main power to have almost no recharge if it kills the target, so soften somebody up with some gunfire and then have her :ese: them. Rinse, repeat.

And we meet Bailey, who is a captain in C-Sec. He heads up Zakera Ward, which is the only ward we have access to in this game. He's a pretty cool dude. He will help us out later, but he's not a squadmate. Also turns up again in 3.

e: oops I left an ingredient out of the drink.

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 17:28 on May 22, 2016

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Kasumi is super cool. I just wish you could actually have conversations with her and Zaeed like you can with the rest of the crew between missions.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

And now that we've met her, I'm just going to leave this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9-dLzzQuVM

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

Forget Andromeda; I want an ME sequel featuring Zaeed and Kasumi.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

Kibayasu posted:

And now that we've met her, I'm just going to leave this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9-dLzzQuVM

Xiphopagus posted:

Yes, yes, and more yes on both counts.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

Xiphopagus posted:

Unfortunately Robin Sachs, Zaeed's voice actor, passed away. They could recast him, but it just wouldn't be the same.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Xiphopagus posted:

A stealth type game based in the ME universe would be pretty damned cool.

Edit: Also, Ken and Gabby get a goddamned room.

grack fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 22, 2016

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

grack posted:

Edit: Also, Ken and Gabby get a goddamned room.

wwweeeeeeeellllll they have the whole engineering section right now :v:

grimlock_master
Nov 1, 2013

Fuck you, suzie
This episode was "let's just meet and talk with all the best characters in the ME universe"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Dang I thought it was gonna be Archangel's recruiting mission based on the booze choice.

Red for blood pack
Orange for eclipse
Blue for Blue Suns.

• Locked thread