Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

CommonShore posted:

:wtc: fell asleep? Was popping oxy while getting a tattoo (and pregnant)?

Some people can sleep while getting tattooed. I've personally never tried, but I'd be willing to bet I could if I wanted to. I never would though, because I'm sure I'd end up rolling over or shaking myself awake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Even if I could while getting a tattoo, there's no way I would fall asleep either, apparently I thrash a bit.

That said, what is that even supposed to be? I know it's a heart design but I can't make sense of the rest of it.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Kwyndig posted:

Even if I could while getting a tattoo, there's no way I would fall asleep either, apparently I thrash a bit.

That said, what is that even supposed to be? I know it's a heart design but I can't make sense of the rest of it.

Tacoma, Washington Area Code

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

That's just terrible.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Is it 352 or 253? I do not know how to read it.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Chakan posted:

Is it 352 or 253? I do not know how to read it.

253, If you were to rotate it so that the numbers would display properly, you'd see.

(I refuse to think that this is anything other than a joke)

(Infinity Gauntlet)

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Postal Parcel posted:

I like this design as a window decal...as a tattoo? Eh, I don't like Tacoma that much.

Fake edit: It's 253 for those wondering.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Cletus

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Happy Landfill posted:

I like this design as a window decal...as a tattoo? Eh, I don't like Tacoma that much.

Fake edit: It's 253 for those wondering.

You like Tacompton... at all?

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
My favorite Tacoma memory was when I was getting my scuba certification and we had a practice dive there.

It was a blasted underwater hellscape and the one or two living fish were so drunk on pollutants they would let you swim right up to them. If you touched them they would swim away... sideways. Like a flounder. Until they hit the mud and and just sat there.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
"I fell asleep and when I woke up it was totally not what I wanted" is the go-to excuse for a tattoo you regret, even after that Russian girl made global news for lying her rear end off about not wanting a face full of stars.

That said, if you go to a shop where the artist will just keep going long after you've passed out, that bad tattoo is still your own goddamn fault. Don't blame the kitchen inker for giving you exactly what you came to his double-wide for.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

rockcity posted:

Some people can sleep while getting tattooed. I've personally never tried, but I'd be willing to bet I could if I wanted to. I never would though, because I'm sure I'd end up rolling over or shaking myself awake.

I've fallen asleep for all three of the larger pieces I have. It's always in some position where I'm laying down and the sound of the machine, I dunno, just lulls me to sleep, I guess.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

That said, if you go to a shop where the artist will just keep going long after you've passed out, that bad tattoo is still your own goddamn fault. Don't blame the kitchen inker for giving you exactly what you came to his double-wide for.

Yeah, when I started with my artist, I told him I was exhausted and the first couple of times he stopped and woke me up. After that I just told him to keep going and wake me up when he needed to.

10 Beers has a new favorite as of 19:48 on May 3, 2016

Elkyrie
Mar 18, 2014

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

"I fell asleep and when I woke up it was totally not what I wanted" is the go-to excuse for a tattoo you regret, even after that Russian girl made global news for lying her rear end off about not wanting a face full of stars.

Belgian girl.

The Russian one was this one:

And yes, they're done by the same guy.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
[quote="Postal Parcel" post=""4594409"]

(I refuse to think that this is anything other than a joke)

[/quote]

I guess I'm a hater then. Oh God I am a hater.

And let's not derail about the lunatic that tatts up girl's faces again please. It happened way too many times in the last thread.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

lol so random

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
At least do a haiku where the last line is "refrigerater"

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Elkyrie posted:

Belgian girl.

The Russian one was this one:

And yes, they're done by the same guy.

With the second one, the girl is girlfriend of the tattoo artist, Rouslan Toumaniantz. Apparently they did it when they first met.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Scratch Monkey posted:

lol so random

Should have been Burma Shave.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Should have been Burma Shave.

Like these people have ever heard of Burma Shave.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I met my little brother's new girlfriend for the first time this past weekend and I wish I had some pics of her tattoos. They're real bad.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Endless Mike posted:

I met my little brother's new girlfriend for the first time this past weekend and I wish I had some pics of her tattoos. They're real bad.

Oh

bummer dude
Jun 20, 2004

duuuude

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Want to break those fingers.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I can't wait for it to turn out vaping does something terrible to you in the long run besides just look really stupid.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I keep hearing it causes popcorn lung which supposedly is moisture getting trapped in your lungs from vaping. I haven't done any googling on it though.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Ok Fella posted:

I keep hearing it causes popcorn lung which supposedly is moisture getting trapped in your lungs from vaping. I haven't done any googling on it though.

No, that's not popcorn lung. This is popcorn lung. Some vape liquids contain diacetyl, supposedly.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Like an idiot, I vaped for a year or two while I was quitting smoking, and there was absolutely no quality control on that poo poo, so I could believe it.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

vaping actually causes penisora gargantua which causes the dick to shrink or something

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

I am 90% sure this dude works at the Qdoba by my place

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Twitch posted:

Like an idiot, I vaped for a year or two while I was quitting smoking, and there was absolutely no quality control on that poo poo, so I could believe it.

Luckily the FDA just passed regulations on hookahs, ecigs, and vapes.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

rockcity posted:

I've dozed off a number of times, but it's not really the kind of sleep where you're going to be rolling around or shifting. It's more like that half-asleep, half-awake state that you fall into on a plane. For me, it's never more than a minute or two at a time, since the tattooer will shift or something and wake me up for a second or two. gently caress, I wish I could just straight up FALL ASLEEP during a tattoo (but I'm essentially motionless when I'm asleep, so).

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

XIII posted:

I've dozed off a number of times, but it's not really the kind of sleep where you're going to be rolling around or shifting. It's more like that half-asleep, half-awake state that you fall into on a plane. For me, it's never more than a minute or two at a time, since the tattooer will shift or something and wake me up for a second or two. gently caress, I wish I could just straight up FALL ASLEEP during a tattoo (but I'm essentially motionless when I'm asleep, so).

That sounds worse to me, since I'm the sort of person that violently jerks when they wake up from that level of sleep.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Psychobabble! posted:

Edit for content, all the same guy:

Is that a Jasmine Becket-Griffith piece? It is!

Wheres there's one there must be more...

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Internet Wizard posted:

That sounds worse to me, since I'm the sort of person that violently jerks when they wake up from that level of sleep.

Same here, which is why I don't really try to relax like that. I tend to just talk the whole time anyway.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

fullroundaction posted:

It's completely unremarkable, I was just amused/irritated for a few reasons.

* My wife is heavily tattooed and is very involved in the scene where we live, so all of our friends who are first timers usually go to her for advice and then (almost always) completely ignore it (like she did)

* I googled the quote just to see if she hosed it up out of curiosity and the FIRST RESULT on is the Wikipedia page for the book which has it correct

* She claims it's her favorite quote from her favorite book and she got it wrong

* She posts nonstop about how you're an idiot if you mess up spelling and grammar stuff, and she got a tattoo of a grammatically incorrect sentence

Yes, I'm an idiot for caring at all about any of this. Don't worry I know.

As someone who has no exposure to Dark Towers, it seems so dumb that this quote should mean so much to someone. Out of context, it just seems like someone is really into astronomy or psychedelics. But it's probably just some overwrought nerd poo poo.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Bast Relief posted:

As someone who has no exposure to Dark Towers, it seems so dumb that this quote should mean so much to someone. Out of context, it just seems like someone is really into astronomy or psychedelics. But it's probably just some overwrought nerd poo poo.

It's not even a very good quote from the series, it's a set-up from Book 1 that hints toward literal other planes of existence that are actually the different "worlds" that Stephen King's books exist in. The theme of the whole series is a nihilistic resignation that our actions mean nothing, and a metaphorical wheel called the Wheel of Ka turns on and on, the universes continuing to rise and fall without caring about a single soul. It doesn't matter what any man or gunslinger does in his life, reality in the books is literally cyclical and what will happen has already happened, and what has already happened will happen again, while nothing you do will change it.

Getting that tattooed on your body while claiming it's your favorite series is completely :psyduck: for how hard you miss the point.

Also, the books themselves are really bad. Like, some of the worst thoughts King has ever put to paper. The silliest, the most morally repugnant, the most boring, and the most self-serving passages he's ever written. It's hot garbage in seven volumes with a dumpster fire for an ending.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Bast Relief posted:

I just started reading the series (had it on my Kindle for years) and the same day I was reading this thread and saw the post you are referring to was the same day I came across this line.

It's not particularly meaningful but people who are desperate for some philosophical tag line to hang their life on to will latch on to it. It's used in scene that seems drastically important but in the context of the book's message it means very little.

It's the Boondocks Saints of book quotes.

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

CommonShore posted:

:wtc: fell asleep? Was popping oxy while getting a tattoo (and pregnant)?

Postal Parcel posted:

Tacoma, Washington? Oxy use confirmed.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

thecluckmeme posted:

It's not even a very good quote from the series, it's a set-up from Book 1 that hints toward literal other planes of existence that are actually the different "worlds" that Stephen King's books exist in. The theme of the whole series is a nihilistic resignation that our actions mean nothing, and a metaphorical wheel called the Wheel of Ka turns on and on, the universes continuing to rise and fall without caring about a single soul. It doesn't matter what any man or gunslinger does in his life, reality in the books is literally cyclical and what will happen has already happened, and what has already happened will happen again, while nothing you do will change it.

Getting that tattooed on your body while claiming it's your favorite series is completely :psyduck: for how hard you miss the point.

Also, the books themselves are really bad. Like, some of the worst thoughts King has ever put to paper. The silliest, the most morally repugnant, the most boring, and the most self-serving passages he's ever written. It's hot garbage in seven volumes with a dumpster fire for an ending.

For some who hates the books so much, you sure have one hell of an opinion for a 7 book, 5000+ page story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
The best thing about the entire Gunslinger series is how upset racist man-children get at the mention of Idris Elba portraying Roland.