Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

I have some Latin on my shoulder that I got when I was a dumb 18 year old with Google translate and I've always been scared to ask a real Latin scholar what it actually means. That tattoo could probably go in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Please pretend I don't have disgusting hairy skin:
Truth Justice Honor Valor in case you were wondering, ladies

The middle bit is "meus fides est Dominus"

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

Thank you. I've never been able to figure out what I was doing wrong- I'm phone posting which probably doesn't help

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

AlbieQuirky posted:

What did you want it to say?

If you wanted it to say "My faith is in the Lord," it doesn't say that.

It's been a long time but I think my goal was "my strength is the Lord" or maybe "godlike strength"? Lot more religious back then

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

"here, jump into this hole marked 'snake pit', it'll be funny!"

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

Hey look, a whole instagram account for this thread: http://instagram.com/snake___pit (lots of )

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

Hey awful tattoo thread, do you guys have any resources on how to evaluate an artist’s portfolio? I have a few tattoos but they were from artists I was referred to by people I knew. I’m in Portland OR if anyone knows a really solid studio/artist.

In return:

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

Man, it’s relatively rare these days that someone’s post makes let out an involuntary groan of discomfort. Those snakes really are terrible

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

That makes me physically uncomfortable. I’m squirming in my seat.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

Code Jockey posted:

Oh.

Ohhhhhhhh. gently caress.

Would someone care to explain?

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

sweeperbravo posted:

The memorial to his dead sister is right under a tattoo that reads "Mess with the Best Die like the Rest."

Guess we know why she died!

Oh drat. I couldn’t really read the text - why on earth would he do that?!

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

This is icky and it makes me feel bad and I love it

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

I’m sorry thread, I tried so hard to surreptitiously take a picture of this guy’s tattoo at the airport but it was a tough angle and I felt really slimy but I will describe it:

A glock(?) with curvy lines strapped to the back of his calf via a torn skin holster. No straight lines and faded colors

It was the worst tattoo I’ve ever witnessed in person

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

Antivehicular posted:

I'm trying to picture this. Like, the skin tears open to reveal a holster and gun underneath like he's the shittiest Terminator, or like he's so hardkore he tore a hole in his skin to stick his gun into?

Come to think of it, has the "skin tears open to reveal my TRUE SELF which is leopard print or the Monster logo or something" ever worked? I can see how it might, theoretically, but I've never seen a version of it I thought looked good.

Imagine you’ve been holding a magnifying glass over your calf at the beach

The skin bubbles like molten pitch and forms a blister the size of a softball

Now shove a five-year-olds drawing of a glock through it so the blister acts as the holster

It’s as bad as you think it is- the barrel actually protrudes from the “bottom” of the “holster”

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

Or gently caress, just have a lovely tattoo that reminds you of a time in your life. I have a dumb stupid tattoo I got when I was 18 freshly booted out of the house. I also have some ones I got later when I had more money and sense to find a top-shelf artist. I’m never gonna get that old tat lasered because of the nostalgia.

Obviously this argument works less well for pickle Rick but whatever, no regrets

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

That really bums me out for some reason.

The idea is dumb, the execution is bad, and “spell casting” is the most awkward way to phrase it

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

Croatoan posted:

Reminds me of a reddit thread where a dude suspected his gf was sneaking off to sleep with her dad. It got gross.

Like, shouldn’t a tattoo like this be an automatic call to the police?

Also it’s nice of that girl to fly her red flags in a visible spot

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

CeramicPig posted:

One tattoo a week. Those Flowers look like they have prolapsed colons in the middle

Everything about this is infuriatingly stupid.

gently caress their stupid rear end in a top hat flower tattoos, gently caress their stupid idea to get inked every week, and gently caress that idiot hashtag

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

Railing Kill posted:

The baby Metroid died for our sins.

"I am Enought. Johnt. G raped and murdered my wifet. Find himt and kill himt."

I always wanted to know what Memento would be like while having a stroke

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

whypick1 posted:

That's a ballerina standing on pointe, but the right 25% of her body is missing because

My guess was “peninsula”

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

The most well-executed nazi ink I’ve ever seen is the swastika on Ed Norton in American History X. Consequently this earns the movie a ding because the researchers clearly did zero examination of actual neo-nazis; a cursory google search brings up solely images that look identical to this one, right down to the skid marked tighty-whiteys in the corner and the ones with tattoos on display

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

Oof I loving hate that the text goes beyond the margin

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

What in tarnation

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

https://www.reddit.com/r/tattoos/co...utm_name=iossmf

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

It’s not bad... but why the grenade? Whose tattoo is this you goons

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

Those are some sad wall-eyed snake bits

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

HardDiskD posted:

aren't you supposed to wear camo above other clothing

or she's a closeted soldier...?

Tasteless Tattoos: Hiding From Yourself

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

I still can’t even start to figure out what it is.

Post was titled “snake woman”

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

Holy Yikes

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

The Bloop posted:

I have a friend who just really likes norse mythology and has ancestry there and got a small mjolnir tattoo and I was like Oh Dude No

he's not a white supremacist, just a gormless innocent doofus nerd who now essentially has a hate symbol tattoo

I have an iron cross on my shoulder that I got when I was stupid and 18 and recently booted from my house; it's really a "coat of arms" that I wanted to make for myself without any knowledge of its nazi connotations, and now it's just a reminder of how dumb I was at 18. If it was in a more prominent location I might get it covered up but it's just an overpriced giant blob of inadvertently racist black ink

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

What is the scorpion symbol on that guy's shirt, btw? I didn't want to attempt to google it.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

I’m not watching that, but that sounds... unsanitary

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

CeramicPig posted:

Here’s a pallet cleanser

Oh gently caress, that’s just

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

LifeSunDeath posted:

It's great that people have so many stupid tattoos they run out of ideas and just get anything they see on TV for their next tattoo. I have no tattoos and feel pretty goddamn good about that decision.

Pizza Reaper’s comin for your rear end

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

Tears In A Vial posted:

here's the van:

Pleasantly surprised it's not a shag carpeted interior. It makes me sad, though, because my first session for my sleeve is supposed to be in the middle of June and I don't think we'll be at a point where things will be able to happen by then. Thankfully I booked like four appointments out, so maybe we'll just start a month later? Assuming my artist hasn't starved to death from lack of work...

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

I do not get this reference, can someone please explain? It looks like this is super proud of these lines down his arms? Is that supposed to be DT like “I survived alcohol withdrawal” or something?

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

Oh drat good call. Didn’t even read swords to me, thought it was some weird lettering

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

I did not expect the throbbing Garfield dick to be the worst aspect of the piece

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

On the one hand, I always appreciate a good pun, but on the other, well:

«2 »