Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Yeah I wish that horror show was a bunch of lovely press-ons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

CuteStorm posted:

This one bothers me the most. The piercings are going to be directly under the waistband of her jeans. Ow ow ow ow. If they aren't catching on the moving, pushing,

Yeah those piercings probably lasted like five minutes. Possibly the actual worst place on the body to get dermals?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I sighed aloud

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

#merica

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

courtesy of facebook: three people who apparently didn't bother to go to the same artist for their matching dumpling tattoos. also that are not the same kind of dumpling as the explanatory picture.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I thought that too!!!

e: OP says they're momo. why use a photo of a different style of momo? who knows!

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 00:31 on Nov 7, 2016

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Today I discovered inkbox, which is apparently tattoos for people who are afraid of commitment.

quote:

Introducing: inkbox
The look and feel of a real tattoo for 2 weeks.

• 100% organic formula
  • Applied in 15 minutes
  • Over 300 pre-made designs

quote:

Join the Tribe! Earn points towards your next purchase. Unlock exclusive access to the release of new designs, fresh inkbox gear, and 100% unique tribal artwork with every order.

Featuring sicknasty and not at all generic designs like this:

and this:

and of course this.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Genocide Tendency posted:

This makes me irrationally angry.

Like.. Yea its stupid and we all should laugh at it. Really that should be the end.

But nope... Still keep going back to it and finding new and inventive ways to be angry.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I kind of feel bad posting it, but when I saw this "semi-colon exploding into birds" tattoo on my feed I immediately thought of you guys

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 02:21 on Apr 11, 2017

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Barudak posted:

Why is the semicolon wrong?

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

This is addressed earlier in the thread but the semicolon was popularized after a viral story a few years ago where the original tattoo owner shared it was her way of coming to terms with surviving a suicide attempt (semicolons indicate a pause in a sentence, but not a full stop). Some argue getting a tattoo representing someone else's personal experience because it mirrors your own is tasteless, some feel it's thoughtlessly overused. Then you have the overall issue of so many being poorly done, inexcusably so for what seems to be a simple design. Sadly she did commit suicide in the past few months, so a recent semicolon tattoo may come off tasteless for that reason.

Bombadilillo posted:

Its supposed to be where a sentence could have ended, but didn't.

But that's not what a semicolon does. Its not for a pause. Its to connect two related but seperate clauses.

Its a weird situation where the definition the tattoo havers are going with sort of fits if you squint hard enough. Its a bit dumb but gaining popularity among people who couldn't use it in a essay without getting circled in red ink. Mostly now its almost but not nearly as popular as an anchor or a dandy lion blowing into birds generic suburban 20s tattoo. Like the tramp stamp of the late 90s. Its a fad.

I could get a period and say. "that part of my life is over. I'm starting a new sentence." Which to me is just valid as "it means a sentence could have ended, but didn't" only it actually fits grammer.

Sorry for not answering the question earlier, Barudak. I posted that tattoo not too long after a thread conversation about semi-colon tattoos and their symbolism, so I thought you were asking why it was wrong as in why was it backwards, in which case the answer would have been 'it was taken in a mirror'

Like the above posters said, semi-colons are a modern tattoo trend/fad representing a fight with mental illness and having made it past a suicide attempt [e] or a serious contemplation of attempting suicide [/e]. The reasoning behind it is that suiciding would be the end to your sentence; a semi-colon, therefore, which continues a sentence but does not end it, represents moving past that potential full-stop instead. It's really not a great analogy though because like Bombadillo said a semi-colon function is linking two separate and related sentences, rather than indicating a pause followed by a continuation, which is more of a comma thing.

There's any number of different reasons, several mentioned by SGP and Bombadillo, why this is silly or misguided, but as another grammer [sic] nerd, tattooing a misunderstanding of a semi-colon's function stands out to me :downs:

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 22:18 on Apr 16, 2017

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Enough of this argument please.

All on the same person:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

That's the good poo poo.

e: oh yeah, I came here to post this :stonklol:

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 00:00 on Aug 27, 2017

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Unfortunately I have no context, a friend linked it to me and I just immediately went welp I know which thread I'm postin in tonight.

But yeah that looks to me like somebody drilled a rivet into they own drat wrist.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

whypick1 posted:

This thread's title seems a couple months too late.

I tend to let unread posts pile up in this thread and then inject all those awful, awful tattoos straight into my eyeveins :getin:

Sometimes it means I'm super amused by a comment way after the fact.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Don't visit Edinburgh. Got it.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

whypick1 posted:

I'm sure that this is one person and no one can convince me otherwise.

:same:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

I suppose this is good from a technical standpoint

I disagree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Rashy looking pink outline a strong choice.