Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

First Pokemon Go related tattoo I've seen. I'm sure there are many more...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I'm also team mystic :3::hf::3:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

sweeperbravo posted:

How did she get the one that's in the middle of the top of her nose? I actually don't want to know, but still felt like asking

This one I actually want to know- if you have all those kind of lip piercings do you take them out before you eat food? I just am imagining biting into like a hot wing and the hot sauce getting on and staying on the piercings unless you take them out and wipe them after. Also can you get a mouthful of water and puff your cheeks out and just spray everybody around you? That's kind of cool

I don't think I've seen a piercing on top of the nose before like that. I would guess it's some kind of dermal anchor type thing? Although it might be possible to pierce straight through that into a stretched septum?? I've never thought of that but stranger things have been done.
I've never had any oral piercing but once they're healed you should be able to take them out for stuff like that if it's uncomfortable. While they're healing I would guess you would avoid spicy food like the plague.
Her cheek piercings look like a smaller gauge like around 14g with a ball on the end. So probably can't push water through. However she appears to have stretched nostril piercings so she could probably plug her nostrils and blow out of the holes.

Edit: I looked again and I think the middle nose piercing is too high to go into the septum. There would be too much cartilage to go through. Lol I had to pinch my own nose to try to figure this out...

Double edit: it's a "rhino" piercing, if you look closely you can see the other end comes out the bottom. Mystery solved

Dixville has a new favorite as of 08:08 on Mar 8, 2018

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Well if you can make it through this loving embarrassingly bad article maybe you can figure it out

http://www.vulture.com/2017/03/ed-sheeran-has-a-lot-of-tattoos.html

Not sure but maybe they were talking about the puzzle piece thing as a gimmick? He has a bunch of other tattoos beside that though so idk.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

LifeSunDeath posted:

No no no, this one:

e: just noticed the blue flavor is called "Asian Experience." Wtf does that taste like?

I totally bought this at Big Lots when I was in high school. I don't remember which flavor it was. It tasted like carbonated mystery juice with a vitamin aftertaste.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Somewhat related to the thread topic I also bought something similar to this. I think the can I got was orange.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Lmao I didn't understand what was up with this until that post got quoted and I saw the thumbnail. :stare:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Drink and Fight posted:

I thought this was a 9/11 tattoo at first.

"Crash" polka

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I see a face in the footprint on the right...

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Scaramouche, scaramouche, will you do the fandango?

:golfclap:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

The loving nipple eyes :cawg:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Welp, I'm sure the story behind this one is not at all depressing!

Yeah it's always hard when the whale family suffers

for real though I feel bad for her situation whatever the specifics may be. the tattoo being really boring and not well executed actually just kinda makes it sadder, maybe she can add to it one day to improve it

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
So I never heard of that guy before but I don't really keep up with politics or religious debate at all so that's probably why. I looked at google images as I was curious how accurate that tattoo actually was. Then I spotted what seems to be the source image of that tattoo used as an example of his smugness on this blog from some dude who really loving hates him for some reason...

http://mixedmentalarts.co/the-affleck-redemption-sam-harris-isnt-reasonable-hes-obtuse/

Anyway when I reverse image searched it did this

:sad:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

An imgur dump of bad tattoos.

Here's a few from the gallery:

Tobias? Is that you?

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
That rat must have been a major smoker

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

No no no, it's clearly Milton from Office Space

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I thought it was one of those worms that burrow under your skin and the only way to remove them is to cut an incision near the head, attach it to a stick, and slowly reel it out of your body over the course of hours or days. If you go too fast the worm breaks and dies and rots inside you.

Ah, the guinea worm (aka Dracunculus). I was thinking tapeworm.

(Edited to fix incorrect quote!)

Edit 2 I clicked on the Reddit link to see what it is actually supposed to be and... Wow. It's supposed to represent "kintsuki" (kintsugi is how Google seems to say it's spelled) which is that neat Japanese pottery with the cracks filled in with gold. So they took that concept and made the shape "the crack on Amy's wall" whatever the hell that means, I've never watched Dr Who but I'm willing to bet even big fans probably wouldn't recognize that shape completely out of context.

A good tattoo artist would have helped this person hone this idea into something that is more aesthetically pleasing and actually makes sense to people other than the person with the tattoo. I wonder if they tried and the person was adamant that's what they wanted, or if it was just like "ok, 50 buck minimum" "sweet that's so cheap!!!" *Gets lovely mustard stain tattoo*

Dixville has a new favorite as of 06:27 on Jul 15, 2018

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
It came from Craigslist

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Knee posted:

I tried googling "horny parrot" to see if there are any actual parrots out there with some kind of horn like protrusions but only found this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T1vfsHYiKY

Actually I just wanted to post that video to make a dumb joke and I find it hilarious :ssh:

Ah yes, good ole :parrot:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Knee posted:

poo poo that's right... we have a smilie for that. That is the origin of that smilie, right?

Yeah it is. It was someone in some TFF thread that made it as I recall. There's a saclopedia entry on it.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Too bad about the skin disease.

Oh ewww why did they take the picture over the toilet and what is the black stuff floating in it wtf... Maybe cigarette ash
Wait is that another toilet in the background? I'm so confused by this picture and really wishing I didn't look at the background

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Ohhhh :ms:

Now I just need to find out what the black crap is floating in the water and all will be well.

Edit on further inspection I bet it's black skin flakes after washing the tattoo.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Knee posted:

I guess it was legal because in Ohio it's like getting a piercing, if the parent gives consent, it's all good. The mother was the one filming and the 10 year old asked for the tattoo...

The police are going for "unsanitary conditions" and poo poo for charges.

Lol that's pretty dumb. Your parents were stupid enough to let you get a tattoo at 10 years old so clearly there's no problem here!

I feel like when I was growing up in Tennessee there was an age requirement for body piercings with parent consent possibly 13 or 16. Not sure if tattoos were the same category. I could be totally wrong but I vaguely remember something about this from when a friend in middle school got her nose pierced.

I mean actually, if you think about it it's not really right for a 10 year old to get a permanent body piercing either. It also might not even stay in the right spot because their body is still growing rapidly! Thinking mainly of like a navel piercing.

Edit - I was curious so I looked it up. I found this guide to state laws:
https://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/rpt/2013-R-0231.htm

There's definitely a lot of variability. I guess Tennessee doesn't specify an age for body piercing on minors with parent consent. Tattoos are completely prohibited under 18. Interestingly they have an exception for covering up an existing tattoo if they are at least 16 years old. Like I guess if some kid put a stick and poke "gently caress" on their own leg or something the parent could give consent to do a cover up with a professional. That's actually kind of interesting.

Dixville has a new favorite as of 14:48 on Sep 28, 2018

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
It's Alfred Hitchcock wearing cat ears :colbert:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Hmmm yes I would like a permanent marking on my body that looks like I fell asleep at a house party and someone drew on me with a marker

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Scathach posted:

I'm not sure if you know how piercings work.

I do agree with you on the tattoos though. Definitely a stupid idea for a kid for a ton of reasons.

And lol at a 16yo giving tattoos.

I dunno, pregnant women sometimes will wear flexible barbells in their navel to keep it from migrating, I guess I thought something similar might happen with a child that is still growing. Hopefully no one has actually done it to find out!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Scathach posted:

If you don't like a piercing or it moves like most surface piercings do, you just take it out. It's not some huge commitment like a tattoo.

It can leave a scar though. Some people are prone to keloid scarring which can be pretty noticeable. Not really a huge deal I guess but it just seems unnecessary. Plus what if it got a secondary infection from all the irritation? I'm kind of grasping at straws a bit but my point is there's just no reason to let a kid that's not even close to fully grown yet get a piercing either. Tattoos are even more unbelievably stupid but that doesn't mean piercings would be fine. I mean I have my nose pierced and stretched earlobes, I'm not some kind of anti-piercing advocate, I just think there's too many possibilities for it to get messed up and possibly leave a scar and they aren't really old enough to understand.

Edit I'm derailing so I'll shut up now! Here's a tasteless tattoo I found.

Dixville has a new favorite as of 03:04 on Sep 30, 2018

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
This is true but there is something seriously wrong with Brain's face.

Also I was trying to figure out why they colored his eyes bright pink, it turns out I guess he did have kind of pink tinged eyes in the cartoon but they just over did it.

Also pro tip don't google image search pinky and the brain. There were results from furaffinity that I really wish I had not seen :gonk:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Ooohhhh god let's not start this arguement

Piercing guns are pretty awful and frankly I hate that they even exist, a piercing needle is much sharper and makes a clean cut resulting in less pain and better healing but it's such a cultural thing where people don't want to take their little girl to a tattoo shop so Claires and other retail stores continue to bluntly punch holes in kids ears like cattle tags. It's kinda b.s. but whatever!!

Apparently this is an "angry half ghost taz tattoo"

Ah, the humble Taz, the bread and butter of terrible tattoos.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I was going through old pictures I saved on my phone and I found this

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
How could you lose it when hoop, there it is?

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

ricketyvickyt posted:

Same on the princess read!

Joker got some hosed up teeth. Isn't he supposed to have some kinda weird grill too?

Edit - the best thing about these horrible tattoos is you can often find the image they referenced in the first few results of Google image search

Dixville has a new favorite as of 12:36 on Oct 21, 2018

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Ok. That's it. The green sphincter on an elbow making GBS threads blood is the worst tattoo.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

fullroundaction posted:

I have a lovely Misfits tattoo too

That's "I turned in to a Martian." Common mistake

Edit sorry, "Marshian!" How embarrassing

(Woooah oh oh)

Dixville has a new favorite as of 05:05 on Nov 25, 2018

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

dpack_1 posted:

We've had one guy who lost his mother get "Mum DATE - DATE" tattooed on his upper arm and asked if we could tattoo "Dad DATE - ____" under it. His Father hadn't passed yet but he wanted to 'get ready for when he did'.

Lol :wtc: also this is awfully presumptive, not everyone outlives their parents. For example their dad might murder them if they see that tattoo!

I can see where the semicolon tattoos become trite and over simplify the problem. People may not always be telling the truth about why they get them though. Sometimes instead of staying silent, people make up nicer sounding lies. Anyway I think their heart is generally in the right place more than you may give them credit for. It may feel like they're trying to make it all about them or get attention. The fact is though that a lot of people just ignore or avoid mental issues in general so at least they are trying to recognise depression and not sweep it under a rug. I don't know. I kind of cringe when I see people get them too. Mostly because they are usually implemented in a really unpleasing way aesthetically and that does kind of make it tacky, doesn't it? I feel kind of conflicted but it's hard for me to really be angry at them about it. It just feels like a waste to me more than anything.

Hand tattoos when you have no other visible tattoos are generally really stupid though no matter what they are.

I have seen people who can't wear a wedding ring at work get some kind of tattoo on that finger which makes sense I guess. I bet they have to be touched up often to not start looking like crap though. Which, if your job requires working with your hands, probably isn't great having to heal over and over. Yeah it's probably one of those ideas that sounds cool on paper but doesn't really work well in practice.

Edit - I also see after looking it up on google that some tattoo shops have held fundraisers where people can get the tattoo for a flat rate and the proceeds go to a crisis center or other resource. At the same time you could just donate to them directly without any tattooing involved, but at least this way the people that want the tattoo are also supporting real, tangible help for others. And also they're not turning it into some cheezy dandelion blowing away into seagulls or whatever the gently caress

Dixville has a new favorite as of 13:28 on Dec 10, 2018

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Having trouble parsing the symbolic meaning of this one, I'll be honest

Edit - basically all the tattoos in this article are a perfect example of what makes me cringe.
https://www.upworthy.com/9-beautiful-semicolon-tattoos-our-readers-shared-to-destigmatize-mental-health-challenges

Dixville has a new favorite as of 13:53 on Dec 10, 2018

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Yeah I really do just feel like the crappy ones feel like a waste of good intentions. The feeling is there but the... Execution seems like an inappropriate word choice but anyway it's flawed. Really flawed.

Anyway I'm gonna go donate to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention now because I can afford to (sort of) and I feel kinda bad for gawking at people's suicide prevention tattoos. For anyone else who may be interested, here is a link (I know not everyone lives in America but this was the most seemingly reputable one I found)

https://afsp.org/take-action/give-a-gift/

Dixville has a new favorite as of 14:10 on Dec 10, 2018

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Pastry of the Year posted:

maybe they're just a huge fan of gas station cash registers

Lol I noticed this a while back and for a second I thought it was the cashier's ringtone

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
This cat looks so disappointed to be covered in leeches :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

I always get the shittiest scrabble hand