Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

bad tattoos: celebrity edition!

Javy Baez, 2B for the Chicago Cubs decided to get a tattoo memorializing their World Series Championship last fall (the team's first in 108 years). It is... not good.

Not the worst in this thread, but something about well-paid atheletes getting bad tattoos really makes me :psypop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

I think it's inspired by a Bond movie
The Bond movie was called Octopussy not Octoanus though

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

rydiafan posted:

If you're referring to the text of the "me" quote then yes, wonky as hell is the format of the meme. It's supposed to denote a mocking sarcastic voice.

Edit: Although the other tattoo did that too, so that's either not what you meant or you just didn't notice it the first time.
the first meme tattoo is both better quality work and better design

The whole parents/me part is superfluous. The message of the second tat could have just as easily come across with only "you'll regret that tattoo when you're older"

The phrase in the first tattoo is also more universal and cuts right to the heart of the joke/purpose, while the second is less direct.

Simpler is better in most cases, and that goes for jokes as well as designs

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

there wolf posted:

I came back because this bugged me. Was it some riff on "through difficulty, to heights"?
that would be weird, since "per aspera ad astra" is a very common latin phrase meaning roughly "through hardships to the stars"

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

look at all these nerds that took Latin in high school

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

"Great line work"

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

rydiafan posted:

:nws: Butthole tattoo with visible vagina.:nws:

https://m.imgur.com/r/WTF/SXJ6N9N
how the hell does this heal without getting terribly infected??

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I once bought a music festival ticket from a woman with the same kind of piece but it said DICK DITCH. Same placement and size. Is this a thing?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Lifeglug posted:

https://imgur.com/gallery/pM6z0

He's a loving piece of poo poo.
This appears to be the same guy, but with more work done.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

They also hosed up the Toy Story quote

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Surprised she found an artist willing to do a face tat despite her otherwise minimal ink. Then I checked the artist's page linked here and she doesn't have many either so lol whatever.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Wrong thread

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I knew about the tons of rich athletes with garbage tattoos, but I kind of assumed wealthy artists would at least have better taste, or have people with better taste around them. Guess not!

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Shoehead posted:

I would honestly put money on it being because most of the time they go to a popular\talented artist and the artist goes "Yeah I got a 6 month - 2 year list" and they say gently caress it and go somewhere shittier
Aren't rich people used to responding to that with "ok well here's like 5-10x your normal rate, put me at the front" though? Maybe good tattoo artists aren't down with that though.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

nerve posted:

Good tattoo artists like money like everyone else
I kinda figured, which is why I don't think that's the issue.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

AlmightyBob posted:

That would be a hell of a shift from 3rd to 4th
It makes literally every shift more difficult

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Dinosaurs! posted:

It’s too perfect a coincidence. I think she’s a Jays fan having some fun with twitter.
If you read her timeline since that went down, either she's an extremely elaborate and committed performance artist or no, she's not a Jays fan.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/TheRealBuby/status/1006980295051173888

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Rick and Morty blowing up and developing the worst loving fanbase on the planet is obnoxious because for a couple years there Rick was my :effort: go-to Halloween costume but now neckbeards have ruined it.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

At least the sentiment is good

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

synthetik posted:

this isn't good

looks like the Washington State Cougars logo

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

LifeSunDeath posted:

Animal tats are pretty classic

as are neck tats

wrong thread

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Memento posted:

What a memorial.
did... did this person kill their mother?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Thom Yorke or Liam McPoyle, who's to say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

posting a video of the text tattoo I regret and making sure the video is mirrored so you can't read my dumb tattoo