Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

invisible jerk posted:

Onnie OLeary does hella tasteless poo poo that I love

really :nsfw: for nakedness etc

https://www.instagram.com/onnieolearytattoo/?hl=en

There is nothing tasteless about Onnie's work :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

I really hope P-slam is his street name :allears:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Ol' crazy-legs Deadpool, they call him.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Postal Parcel posted:

Am I being too critical if I hate the hair? The face looks great(even considering the clown), but what's up with the hair?

e:Okay, now I'm just getting that the gun is...somehow her hair, specifically the butt?

The hair is egregiously bad.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

CuteStorm posted:

I went trolling #firsttattoo, I think a couple are just bad tattoo reposts, but I didn't remember them in the thread, so here you go!

I bet he spent like three hours shading the upper lip.

quote:

This one is not the worst thing, but all I see are three nipples.

Why would you not do the heart on the left side of the chest and make the left nipple the centre of the speaker :psyduck:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
It never stops being funny when people steal Tara's designs and don't redraw them. She purposely takes photos from those weird angles to minimise people straight ripping off her work.

edit for content: I will freely admit that I'm a terrible tattoo snob but holy poo poo, nothing makes me want to set the world on fire more than scrolling through the tattoo tag on tumblr. So, so many lovely, lovely tattoos:

cyberia has a new favorite as of 11:45 on Jul 25, 2016

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

BrigadierSensible posted:

I don't mind the little minimalist line things. (When done well, obviously.) The little wave on the finger, and ankle seem cool to me.

My sister in law likes snowboarding, and as such is going to get a little snowflake on her wrist. I have no issues with tattoos like that.

(Again, posting as a tattoo snob) I hate, hate, hate, hate those 'minimalist' tattoos. Why bother getting something the size of a dime? The tattooist will literally spend twice as long setting up and breaking down their station than they will actually tattooing you. It seems like such a cop out of people wanting to be seen as artsy or trendy or whatever while putting no original thought into the tattoo. Argh, it makes me so mad.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

hyperhazard posted:

Never search for micro tattoo. You get pages and pages of poo poo like this:

This isn't doing my blood pressure any favours :argh: Similarly, the lead singer of Hiatus Kaiyote has a line tattooed on her face symbolising the scratch she received from a baby crow she rehabilitated once. I'm phone posting or I'd post pictures and look up her hippy loving rationalisation for why she felt it so important to memorialise this event on her goddamned face. In other news, why won't these kids get off my lawn, etc, etc.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Space Poodle posted:

Is it Sperm Bobby Hill or Sperm Eminem?

It's a Bobby pin

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

sout posted:

Twice, apparently.

are there any examples of tattoos where 4 people have each gotten one panel of a (web)comic?

A very cursory google image search tells me no so don't worry, you and your friends can be the first people with a group loss tattoo.

Content:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Chichevache posted:

Was it another 8th grader? :pray:

Oh my sweet summer child

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

how me a frog posted:

Pomegranate is, actually, but that looks even less like the tattoo. It uses two similar colors! Every tatoo that has white, black and red in it looks literally like coca cola!

Sorry we made fun of your tattoo :shobon:

Strange colour choice aside, it is a hell of a lot of negative space for a half sleeve. You think they could have put some more detail in to break up the background colour.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

InediblePenguin posted:

They went to the trouble of shopping in bleeding?

I don't think it's fake but there is a video on youtube posted by Ray-Ban:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH1tTlq5-Qk

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Guys, guys, I found it. I found the worst tattoo!

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

El Estrago Bonito posted:

What's sad is that I can instantly know that all the wrestlers being depicted there are being depicted as they were during their time working for WCW.

It's not really that sad to be able to recognise the most famous wrestlers from the second biggest pro wrestling brand of our time, especially when they all have some level of pop culture presence as well :confused:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Today I discovered inkbox, which is apparently tattoos for people who are afraid of commitment.

Featuring sicknasty and not at all generic designs like this:

and this:

and of course this.

There's another site like this, tattly, that some girl used to constantly try to guerilla market in the tattoo thread in YLLS. They're such garbage, ugh.

Also, that rear end-spider reminds me of a model, Daizha Morgann, who has octopus tentacles tattooed on her thighs and rear end. They're well done but very tasteless. Idk if she has the octopus beak tattooed around her rear end in a top hat though.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Elsa posted:

I don't recall any good tattoos that have outlines on the forms. Tattoo artists have the same hangups with lines as traditional artists, I guess. They set up outlines like a coloring book. I would ask an artist about their shading skill and only after I verified there were no outlines in their past work. If I heard anything short of enthusiasm for art I'd run.

So it's the patrons I find the most interesting. I imagine some people get bad tattoos not just for the price but because they are on first name basis and like playing the role of a good customer? The ink in my skin is poo poo but man greg is cool as hell

I watched an episode of the tattoo show with Dave Navarro and one of the artists openly admitted their shading and gradients were bad. How strong is tattoo culture that a tattoo artist like that makes it on television? Shading and gradients can be learned. That's almost completely neglect of their craft.

Sir, this is a McDonald's drive-through.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

What do you say to someone with the #1 Dick Sucker tattoo? "Welp, I'll take that bet"?

I read it as 'dick ducka' and was trying to figure out what the gently caress it meant :downs:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

whypick1 posted:

At least the missing apostrophes can be added. And points for getting the right "you're". :shrug:

I shudder to think what's above that piece though.

It's an album cover, and that's how it's written:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Knormal posted:

I believe proper form is to just put "DEAD NOW".

Actually you're meant to tattoo a 'VOID' stamp over the tattoo to indicate the person is dead.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

That's Arnoldisdead who seems to be solely about poor life decisions.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

twoday posted:

Is that supposed to be Anne Frank?

It is!

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Scathach posted:

Oh boy, my roommate just decided he's going to get the words "eleven eleven" under one eye with a friend of his. Third friend already has it, but he's also not a skinny pale kid with blonde hair that wears hoodies all the time. My friend is gonna look like a meth dealer.

What are the chances someone thinks he's part of the white supremacist 211 gang? I will absolutely take pictures and gleefully post them.

What does 'eleven eleven' mean that they want it tattooed on their faces? Also, I don't think people will automatically associate it with a specific gang unless that gang already has a big presence in your town, it's more likely that people will just assume it's some dumb criminal / prison / poor life choice tattoo.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

RugClockVexx posted:

Heh, I thought about this thread when I read this article on Gizmodo today regarding a man with a Do Not Resuscitate tattoo showing up in an ER. The doctors didn't know what to do, half of them wanted to help while the other half said, gently caress it, the tattoo said not to.

https://gizmodo.com/unconscious-patient-with-do-not-resuscitate-tattoo-caus-1820881602

I hope I cause somebody a similar moral conundrum one day with my 'do not resurrect' tattoo.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Bitcoin 🅱️life

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

What is it with celebrities and really, really lovely tattoos? You'd think they could pay for really good ones.

Having money doesn't mean you have taste or an understanding of what makes a good tattoo, unfortunately. It does mean you're often surrounded by sycophants or people who will blindly enable your bad decisions which is, I suspect, the reason so many wealthy people end up with trash-tier ink.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

OwlFancier posted:

I genuinely can not imagine enjoying a brand so much that I would get it tattooed on me. I can't even imagine buying clothes for the logo.

I have small tattoos of the Vivienne Westwood and Louis Vuitton logos as gap fillers on my sleeves because fashion has always been a big part of my life but I acknowledge that they're kinda tacky.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Not particularly tasteless but holy heck, the tiny thumb and just the whole layout is so weird

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Memento posted:

https://i.imgur.com/s7rnkam.jpg

:nws: for a tattoo of a severed penis served as sushi

I'm way more grossed out by the individually outlined grains of rice for some reason.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

I don't know if it's better or worse but this is the logo of AniMe, a hardstyle DJ.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

I've been thinking of a word tattoo from dark, the German time travel show. It's from a metal band but I'm partial to "My only aim is to take many lives. The more the better I feel." are there any good word tattoos?

Metal tattoos are cool and words can definitely add to a tatt but don't make it too wordy. I have a tattoo of a burning church on my arm with a banner that says "Hail Satan, I Guess" that is one of my favourite tatts.

I think "My Only Aim Is To Take Many Lives" would be good with some sort of relevant image. Adding "the more the better I feel" makes it too wordy, imho.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Modal Auxiliary posted:

There's gotta be a better term than "outsider art" for this style, because these people sure aren't Adolf Wolfli and Co. Is there a specific name for the intentionally bad hipster line art aesthetic?

I've heard 'Ignorant Art' which fits pretty well

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

knuthgrush posted:

Local barber shop made the news because it's also doing tattoos now. I'll watch their social media for gems.

Somewhat related: what styles age well and which ones are more likely to look like trash after a bunch of years?

The general advice is 'bold will hold'. Anything with strong outlines that is reasonably sized will look good even as it blurs or fades over the years. If you take care of your skin and wear sunscreen when you're outside then your tattoos will stay fresh much longer, too. Any micro, fine line 'minimalist' designs are likely to completely lose definition after a few years and water colour or hyper realistic portraiture that doesn't have strong outlines will also fade and blur much faster than trad designs.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

deedee megadoodoo posted:

Theres no way that's real. There's still hair on his arm, the "ink" is too light to be fresh, and there is absolutely zero ink residue anywhere on his arm.

iirc, this is an old tattoo he's either getting covered up or lasered off and they made the video as a goof.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Kenning posted:

Would actually be pretty dope if not on the face.

Jazmin Bean, a singer, has Hello Kitty centipedes tattooed on her forearms:

It feels like it's inevitable when someone has tattoos with a strong and unique aesthetic that people will immediately decide to get a much worse and more tasteless version of the design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
The trick is to get your elbow done after you've already had 6 hours of work done on other parts of your arm so you're so fried the pain doesn't feel any worse than what you're already dealing with.