Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

From a local shop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

One from a local tattooer.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

I'd actually like the radioactive rat if it were a bit better executed.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

That drat Satyr posted:

Today in 'It Came From Facebook' (and out of a local shop...)

That deer is begging to be shot

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

There's a guy who was trying to get booked in at our shop on Monday who had tried to do home tattoo removal with acid. Needless to say it did not work out so well.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Field Mousepad posted:

Pics goddamnit!

There was actually a pic in the shop WhatsApp group. It's not super dramatic or anything because it's not a fresh wound - he did this months ago and then got it covered by a crap artist, and is now looking at getting it all fixed:

You can guess how it looked when he just did it, though. If you can't spot it, it's next to the eye.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Elsa posted:

I don't recall any good tattoos that have outlines on the forms. Tattoo artists have the same hangups with lines as traditional artists, I guess. They set up outlines like a coloring book. I would ask an artist about their shading skill and only after I verified there were no outlines in their past work. If I heard anything short of enthusiasm for art I'd run.

Look at this guy and his lovely opinions about tattoos

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

NOOOOOO dude this is my drawing they butchered :psyduck:

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

That Minnie Mouse is reminding me of a horrible story I have and I don't even know if you guys would want to read it here (but of course you do).

Had a guy come up to me at a convention with a sketchbook and ask if I could draw his character. I open the book and it's Gadget, the mouse lady from Disney's Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, with a stripe on her arm, but before I can say anything he goes off on this massive tirade about how his character isn't the same as THAT SLUT GADGET something something THAT loving WHORE GADGET I HATE THAT DISGUSTING oval office GADGET. Then says "So anyway, I was thinking you could draw Gadget raping my character. Because I've had it drawn the other way around." I declined.

Just to add I am not even sure what he asked me for, I don't draw cartoony stuff and I definitely don't draw Disney style stuff. If you are imagining this dude as a vast sweaty basement dweller in sweatpants, he was a tall, lanky, fairly polished loud American man in I guess his 50s. This is exactly who I imagine with that Minnie Mouse tattoo.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Come to the UK, our tattoos are cheap as gently caress, even from our best artists. Max I've seen people charge outside of London is £80 per hour. This also sucks because the rate in my shop is £70 ph when I could be making way way more if I could get into the USA.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

I don't buy this for a second, we're still doing at least one Harry Potter tattoo a week in our shop. Zero coverups on them. People still love that poo poo and will easily do mental gymnastics around anything JKR says.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

It's cute that you guys don't realise that the very first thing all tattooists do to photos of our black and grey work is turn the saturation way the gently caress down. Looks like this guy is feeling spicy and going over just the arm with the desaturate tool (and probably a load of other edits too, because this is 2021 and that's the internet we live in).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

DandyLion posted:

Its pretty clearly "I am who I amt"

Gonna argue that I saw "I am who I amu" first