Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

ICHIBAHN posted:

Why is she wearing a bra and nothing else
Her legs aren't the only thing she sewed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Is this person wearing trash bags?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

ricketyvickyt posted:

There are so many better choices for a back piece! The background characters are what bug me the most.
That aborted half a Homer head by Marge's elbow is really bugging me for some reason.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

It looks like it was plucked.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Make fun if you want, but pigeons won't be roosting on this guy's head anymore.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I.C. posted:

Also, I don't want to go in the other tattoo thread yet, but I figure some people here might know: Have you ever heard that when you get a tattoo in memory of someone that you shouldn't put the complete date of their death? Someone was telling me this, and I'd never heard of such a thing. I asked him why -- like is it bad luck or something. But all he said was that's what he had heard.
I believe proper form is to just put "DEAD NOW".

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

bulletsponge13 posted:

Are we still talking stupid Latin tattoos? Because I've got one. No picture, but when I was younger, I went off my one year of Latin classes to get the phrase "Freedom carries sacrifice" in Latin on my back.
So now my question is for you Latin loving goons is, how far off is 'Libertas Portare Sacrificium'?

It doesn't matter- it was a dumb decision at 21 or 22 while in the military, and certainly not my worst idea from that era of my life
You didn't conjugate the verb, it says "Liberty to carry sacrifice", but not quite correctly. I think you'd need to use a subjunctive clause to get the same meaning as that reads in English, like "Liberty (in order) to carry sacrifice". But that's getting into the messier parts of Latin I don't remember well, as it is I think it would read more like "Liberty sacrifice to carry" to a Roman.

You wanted "Libertas Portat Sacrificum", or to use a more Latin word order, "Libertas Sacrificium Portat".

Correct me if I'm wrong, better Latin speakers.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Bloop posted:

two thousand and one Mr Cool Ices
2001: A Mr. Cool Icyssey

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

rear end, gas, grass, or Peanuts figurines.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

When this first loaded the bottom of the page cutoff was just below the hands, and I was really worried I was going to scroll down to see Dobby hiking up his tunic.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Kinda looks like the bear is entering hyperspace.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I thought that was a sewn-up incision on the side of the mom.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

SatansOnion posted:

That's the haunted look of a man who has seen too drat many instances of his own face clumsily portrayed in two distorted, fleshy dimensions :negative:
He goes by "Sad" Al now.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Okay, see, I know that's not Heath Ledger (at least, I PRAY that's not supposed to be Heath Ledger), but for the life of me I can't figure out who it's supposed to be. I mean, I know this is the bad tatt thread, but still. drat.
I have a sad suspicion it's the guy who got the tattoo's own face.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Dixville posted:

Having trouble parsing the symbolic meaning of this one, I'll be honest

It's commemorating the miracle of fertilization.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

This is the worst rendition of He-Man I've ever seen.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

This is from a ways back but

sleppy posted:

https://twitter.com/JaydenPaynne/status/1030921256357560320

Old news but don't think it was posted here. Many levels of badness going on.
Jokes come
but Sand go
wag is
forever

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Chichevache posted:

That's not a shoulder? :confused:
No matter where it is on the body it's a good indicator not to have any kind of sex with that person.

I think part of the reason it looks so off is it's supposed to be from that edgelord period of the comics where the Joker cut his face off and wore it like a mask.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

RC and Moon Pie posted:

And yes, all of the work on these kids is very, very lovely. That said, the quality of work on the adults is only slightly less lovely.
Then evidence suggests they just need to grow into the tattoo.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

I love my shop and generally this artist does phenomenal work. I suppose this is good from a technical standpoint, but Jesus Christ:

The good news is judging by the rest of the leg it's going to be completely obscured by a thick mat of hair in a few months.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

dpack_1 posted:

The fact that says 5/2/2003 and there's no way they were old enough to have a kid 16 back then, so is likely their own date of birth, which brings into the whole question of consent in tattooing a minor on top of the other terrible things about this.
You trust him to get the Roman numerals right?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The unicorn on her arm seems to have two eyes on one side of its face like a flounder.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

DandyLion posted:

Yeah, so? Have you ever seen a real unicorn before?
That's it, they've been hiding on the floor of the ocean all this time!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Is that a chihuahua sticking out of his back pocket?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I mean, what you do think goosebumps are?

Shoehead posted:

I didn't think anything of it until I saw the cat in a thumbnail. Jesus he is straight up Mr Popo
Same, hope that's not on a part of the body that's normally exposed.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Missed opportunity for a pepperoni nipple.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

resident posted:

What you get when the artist asks what you want and you reply with “dunno”

Oh no, she's venting plasma!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Johnny Truant posted:

Lmfao

We need to make :nipple:

I got 5 on it

Unfortunately I don't think it really works at smilie size, I don't think you can tell what it is.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

LifeSunDeath posted:

Was looking up Chupa Chups and realized that Chupa means suck...so Chupacabra is literally Goat Sucker...like the things you realize so so late.
The original Chupacabra "sightings" were when people started reporting finding goats drained of their blood in Puerto Rico, hence the name.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Retro Futurist posted:

My partner was watching some quality reality TV and we found this winner. Presenting tribal nipple tattoos.

I keep seeing this as hands making the OK sign around his nips.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

hyperhazard posted:

Guy's going to be hosed if he ever visits the middle east or central asia.
Or even Germany.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

This is commemorating a polycule and she's the blue piece getting her holes filled, right?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Elviscat posted:

"Oh no Jamie and Cindy, Daddy just slipped on his way to get a late night pickle, don't worry, go back to bed."
"drat these sweaty toes of mine!"

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Thank you. Here's an awful tattoo:

CzarChasm posted:

Does it make this tattoo better or worse if the front half of that body is shown on the other side of his arm?

The other side of the arm has this on it.

I quoted both posts because I want to make sure you all picture it.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

CeramicPig posted:

It’s all so bad.
The Brave Little Toaster on the shoulder seems off-theme.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Macksy posted:

I disagree
Tasteful nipple buffer.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

LifeSunDeath posted:

It looks great, the full panel is bad because you can't tell that's supposed to be someone's head in her lap, makes no sense.
I thought it was a big pregnant belly, and couldn't figure out what it had to do with the dinosaur.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Flipperwaldt posted:

These colors run
These colors metastasize.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Shoehead posted:

Is Sky History the same History Channel that eventually was known as The Hitler Channel? Their only programming was World War II stuff but even then it was just stuff about Nazi tanks and poo poo.

Before it was all about aliens
Judging by the logo it's the same American History channel, the Nazi/alien one, but probably partnered with Sky for easier access to the UK market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Everyone make sure you expand this one to see the Morty stencil next to it.