Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Psychobabble! posted:

What year are you living in that tattoos are a serious detriment? Like yeah, a tattoo on your face when applying to a government job wont do you any favors but an easily concealed by office attire isn't a game changer.

With any kind of public facing customer service or retail role, there's still a quite a lot of stigma, and that's without getting into tattoos with subject matter might be a bit more controversial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Autechresaint posted:

Please tell me she wanted her name 'Ana' tattooed, and that is the result

She wanted her name 'Ana' tattooed, and that is the result

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Elsa posted:

Check out my new tattoo design it says Gary

don't post my tattoos thx

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Scratch Monkey posted:

They'd have to write JACKIE NEWMAN because it's there in the photo duh

I dunno, that DC villains tattoo that someone ripped off and even copied the guys nipple implies that they would do that.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

rydiafan posted:

I had forgotten about that! Can somebody post it?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Elsa posted:

Outlines don't exist in real life so outlines suck in representational art.

I'm guessing I've found the thread with the tattoo artist goons

This sure is an opinion.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

trapped mouse posted:

This can't be real. Is this a troll? This is a troll.

Very clearly yes.

Like, I can draw an outline around it if you want it any clearer.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Elsa posted:

Not buying it. Using outlines is poo poo art.

You're arguing this point in a medium which has several disciplines which are entirely focussed around nothing but linework.

Like, you're not very good at this at all.

Also, what's with the disney princesses tits thing people keep saying about you, that sounds pretty bad?

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Elsa posted:

These are great examples of tattoos that don't use linework, and no one mentioned anything about the ink fading over time or some poo poo. Stop being bad I guess

Ok, maybe we should take this a step back now.

Do you know what linework is?

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

dpack_1 posted:

We call it "First Tattoo Syndrome" where someone in their mid / late 20's has been thinking about getting a tattoo for 10+ years and then wants all of them ideas cramed into one piece, but not too big because they wanna know how they feel before committing to a big piece.

I'm so glad I reached the point where my thought process is "gently caress it, why not" for new tattoos.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

I was at tattoo workshop on Thursday getting colour done on a piece for my arm and I just kept getting reminded of that stupid dogs loving face the entire time I was there.

(Also beaten, was gonna post this here)

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

I hate that the exchange stops there. I want to see the full breakdown. I am a bad person is what I am trying to convey.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Antivehicular posted:

Now I want that infinity sign, but with just "Word." Or "Insert Text Here"

Legitimately tempted in doing that but the word is "piiisssssssss"

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Internet Wizard posted:

Anybody have a link to the Jezebel article written by somebody who had a meltdown when they wanted to get a really stupid tattoo design in a really bad spot and an artist had the gall to say no to them?

http://millihelen.jezebel.com/dont-tell-me-i-cant-get-a-loving-neck-tattoo-1707496653

And here's the artist's response (quoted at the bottom)

https://www.facebook.com/notes/tattoos-by-myttooscom/no-you-cant-get-a-loving-neck-tattoo-jane-marie/10153328624497459/

Piss Witch has a new favorite as of 13:36 on Jun 29, 2017

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

treiz01 posted:

This is pretty great. I know a decent number of artists and have heard a lot of stories about people who only have a tattoo or 2 wanting full neck or throat pieces, and getting mad when they are denied.

I don't get the jump straight to job stoppers. I have enough pieces done now that I've stopped counting how many tattoos I have and I'm still holding off on hands and neck until I at least have my mortgage paid off.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

I.C. posted:

Also, I don't want to go in the other tattoo thread yet, but I figure some people here might know: Have you ever heard that when you get a tattoo in memory of someone that you shouldn't put the complete date of their death? Someone was telling me this, and I'd never heard of such a thing. I asked him why -- like is it bad luck or something. But all he said was that's what he had heard.

Personally I'd memorialise someone with something that means something to your connection with the person, not just some boring dates. Represent your relationship.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

This is the bad tattoo thread, not the rad tattoo thread.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

I.C. posted:

That's the barber who makes SOOO MUCH MONEY and smokes lots of cigarettes. I don't know about the pegging, but I do remember him being into Latinas and their feet but also being racist. Maybe his name is Greg? I thought about him a while ago and was wondering what he was up to, actually. Did he ever open his barbershop in Russia?

https://imgur.com/gallery/pM6z0

He's a loving piece of poo poo.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Stephen Yaxley-Lennon looking like a loving chuckle brother.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

Goodnight sweet prince

What a waste.

Just laser off the face and have a pickle tattoo.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

AWarmBody posted:

There's gotta be a never-nude out there with a full outfit tattoo

Well here I am at work now googling for "Jorts tattoo"

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

NOFX?

poo poo I was right it’s from the back of I Heard They Suck Live.

Piss Witch has a new favorite as of 13:43 on May 16, 2020

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

that tattoo owns

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Unknown Hinson?

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

GreenMetalSun posted:

I honestly wasn't sure if this was idiots on social media, AUG, or tasteless tattoos, but I went with tasteless tattoos.

Wanna see that tatt

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Memento posted:

Jason Castagna, Australian footballer, has the word "KNEE" poorly tattooed on his knee, as well as a bunch of other random garbage.

Nah this owns.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

They massacred my sweet baby brother

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

CeramicPig posted:

BITCH WHY IS YOUR FOOT SO DIRTY

Because they just had a black tattoo done and had the excess ink smeared around? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

This is only making me want a tramp stamp more.