Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

I wonder if the other players are having a whip-round for whoever can beat Peter Ebdon? I love watching his pale Cliff Thorbun impression, I can get loads of work done while he's chalking his cue and I still don't have to miss a shot, but he can't be any fun to play against.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

I genuinely love watching Exciting Young Things coming off the rails when suddenly you have to win 13 frames for the match, and they just don't have the stamina for it and get bored to death. Makes me think there should be room in the calendar for a big major tournament at the start of the season where they play longer matches and make the final best-of-31 like the UK Championship used to be, because it is a bit odd that all through the season the longest match anyone ever plays is best-of-19 in a ranking final, and then suddenly they rock up in Sheffield and it's best-of-19 from the start.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

I never really understood what a good player he must have been in the 80s until 2010, when he beat John Higgins at age 52 and got into the quarter-finals.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Walden v "Not That" Robbie Williams is pretty amazing; both of them look like they can barely pot a house plant at the moment.

edit: they're still terrible and Stephen Hendry sounds so sad on commentary

Trin Tragula fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 18, 2016

• Locked thread