Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
Also OP must be an actual programmer because this poo poo is all neat and nicely structured with proper defs and things, in comparison to my web scrapers which are mostly messy single file nightmares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

vodkat posted:

Also OP must be an actual programmer because this poo poo is all neat and nicely structured with proper defs and things, in comparison to my web scrapers which are mostly messy single file nightmares.

same

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

hmm. Computer Taycher, the genocide-loving, ultraracist bot?

HMM.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
Maybe should have gone with the cathedral instead of the bazaar here OP

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

ahmeni posted:

code:
    def parseNewReply(self):
        divs = self.htmldata.findAll('div')
        out = {}
        for div in divs:
            if div.get('id') == 'thread':
                out['posts'] = self.parseReplies(textdata=div)
        return out
my friend have you tried

code:
findAll('div', attrs={'id': 'thread'})

oh god yes. i'll use this going forwrd

vodkat posted:

lol i am terrible with coding if that should be of any help

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

I think the real tori hacked my Twitter account

https://twitter.com/toricmos/status/721734812193660928

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Pumpy Dumper posted:

I think the real tori hacked my Twitter account

https://twitter.com/toricmos/status/721734812193660928

yep

https://twitter.com/ToriCMOS/status/721727256662536192

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
could you train deepdream to look at posts?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

could you train deepdream to look at posts?

please don't create skynet

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
code:
if div.get('out')

Tori BIOS
Apr 7, 2003

i'm going to go scream at the bedroom door yelling. save money by sleeping in a tracksuit and laughed at his fans.

what was yospos like three years the outback is great. the best comedy site not so bizarrely hyperspecific.

apple doesn't show advertisements on the offsite sass descendant forums, all of whom need a laptop or desktop. that's why i'd rather be spied on.

Tori BIOS
Apr 7, 2003

ah, so you have worried about in your entire life. it's easy to be sixteen again.

you are so much better than new wood, but fact remains that we play on opening day. i agree, probate everyone who i don't know a lot more but it makes for a building like the empire state building or the sears tower?

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Tori BIOS posted:

i'm going to go scream at the bedroom door yelling. save money by sleeping in a tracksuit and laughed at his fans.

what was yospos like three years the outback is great. the best comedy site not so bizarrely hyperspecific.

apple doesn't show advertisements on the offsite sass descendant forums, all of whom need a laptop or desktop. that's why i'd rather be spied on.

Tori BIOS posted:

ah, so you have worried about in your entire life. it's easy to be sixteen again.

you are so much better than new wood, but fact remains that we play on opening day. i agree, probate everyone who i don't know a lot more but it makes for a building like the empire state building or the sears tower?

here are some more 'tuned' responses. it turns out that i had tori and fishmech merged into a single text file so as a result we ended up with some weird horrific hybrid. the above is actually based on tori alone

Tori BIOS
Apr 7, 2003

i decided that i could never go to mcknight rd. not sure why anyone there is only a controversial opinion here, on the canned antifreeze. first of all the time, i literally can't looks a shitload better than fm does so it is to the records i have.

*fat guy wearing a blue polo shirt dies of a public university system that's accountable to the newest win10 because a guy dying from lox burns, heavy poo poo. the man was wearing a blue polo shirt dies of a sufficient size, paying $$$$$$$$ to support business.

hang on while i go to a random pens game in october, and they say it's still cheaper to come down. this guy is real good.

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tori BIOS posted:

fat guy wearing a blue polo shirt dies of a public university system that's accountable to the newest win10 ... heavy poo poo.

the funy is coming from inside the computer

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Tori BIOS posted:

this guy is real good.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Tori BIOS posted:

a guy dying from lox burns
its fun when i know the exact post that got shuffled into the mix

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

vodkat posted:

BeautifulSoup is great but the documentation is such a mess it took me months to realise attrs={} was even a thing. That said, it was a good feeling to go back through my code and remove all of the lovely work arounds I'd used to do the same thing tho.

yeah it's a weird mess, I didn't even know about extract() until I found out about it for creatine. it's a lot better in bs4 though. I can't remember off hand if it's still true but you used to be able to pass named arguments to find like find('a', href='butts.com') but in Python that's super hosed because the most common use cases id and class are both restricted keywords so you gotta pass the dict

Tori BIOS
Apr 7, 2003

cats are so dumb and wrong. time is money, friends andrew eldritch showed up to begin with for a building like the empire state building or the sears tower?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Tori BIOS posted:

cats are so dumb and wrong.

Tori BIOS
Apr 7, 2003

lol the video game achievements so i guess not i hear that fat gently caress schwarber has a dh is the deceit that uber represents. cars are so stupid.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Tori BIOS posted:

cars are so stupid.

this bot speaks to me

Tori BIOS
Apr 7, 2003

if you throw at a real fucker. instead of bothering me to keep it down. the gently caress outta here.

there is no force on earth more destructive than a middle-aged white man with the blue jays now, i wish this were true, but fact remains that we went wrong. throwing at batters who take liberty with the door closed.

let's talk about the idea of paying for skilled people to do with fuel conservation, 55mph is the bathroom. i know what you consume disney knows that market and they plugged a nail hole.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Tori BIOS posted:

there is no force on earth more destructive than a middle-aged white man with the blue jays now,

i thought this said blue jeans and thought that we finally reached peak tori

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
bot posts less often and more thoughtfully than the actual tori, so it's a good upgrade imo

Tori BIOS
Apr 7, 2003

we saw a woman run into the street to flag down a little optimistic i can't answer this question. all i can wear because even with the poo poo that is host to some ladies for a fun joke.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

dammit tori.

https://twitter.com/toricmos/status/722106569861808128

Tori BIOS
Apr 7, 2003

my little brother is 29 and has been a thing for literally 150 years, but when you aren't hungry. looks like we got through the baseball.

this is my jam at the intersection of the games thread. the smoker is a sound one.

Su-Su-Sudoko
Oct 25, 2007

what stands in the way becomes the way

Tori BIOS posted:

my little brother is 29 and has been a thing for literally 150 years

ban for anime

Tori BIOS
Apr 7, 2003

all i did to get rid of all places 350 miles away i replaced a palladian window in my life, i saw some ikea furniture and thought it was $34. i'm going to get my poo poo cut, it ain't i quit this reminds me, i might eat out once every two weeks?

it is only a controversial opinion here, on the t line and can get to the wall is preventing the infiltration of outside air. a big mac pics thread closed for gamergate sympathies, the gently caress outta here.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

you spent $10 on this?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

someone make one of these for d&d and see if anyone notices

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Cat Face Joe posted:

you spent $10 on this?

i sacrificed 0.00002% of my salary for this yes

i only make 45k figgies as you can tell from my av

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

it should have an avatar

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Tori BIOS posted:

all i did to get rid of all places 350 miles away i replaced a palladian window in my life, i saw some ikea furniture and thought it was $34. i'm going to get my poo poo cut, it ain't i quit this reminds me, i might eat out once every two weeks?

it is only a controversial opinion here, on the t line and can get to the wall is preventing the infiltration of outside air. a big mac pics thread closed for gamergate sympathies, the gently caress outta here.

Hmm, none of these are very good, and most are tldr;. Needs some more workshopping IMO.

Tori BIOS
Apr 7, 2003

*crowd cheers* smokadustbowl posted: because they're not star wars fan fiction these are both good opinions, thank you. multiple people who weren't actually interested in the bay area.

i can't wait to buy it no matter how implausible it is. i agree, probate everyone who i don't have, and have no answer.

you don't need the expenses that come with a bicycle tire kit i don't have an answer either. go back to your childhood, instead of a child or teenager, and i do that poo poo from scratch now is terrifying.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Squeezy Farm posted:

Hmm, none of these are very good, and most are tldr;. Needs some more workshopping IMO.

maybe he should rename it to squeezy farm bot

Tori BIOS
Apr 7, 2003

pittsburgh is a cost of doing business and it's only going to be optional and/or interacted with oddly. i pulled the car to the system in question, or connect to the records i have.

i don't care about the idea of going there and also fast food. jagr this is actually a completely appropriate argument and that's why he's a phillie now.

our defense is really hosed up. baseball has been governed for 150 years or more games he will miss.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
crusty is right, about the bot and about cumming in computers

ed:

Tori BIOS posted:

pittsburgh is a cost of doing business and it's only going to be optional and/or interacted with oddly.
wtf this is anti-tori

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tori BIOS
Apr 7, 2003

robinson township is to acknowledge that there's a great organization. the third level floors slope down a little optimistic i can't wait to buy peonies for my pittsburgh steelers when i refill their feeder.

• Locked thread