Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...
Lux definitely doesn’t flex as well on stock springs as the cruiser, which I knew already because you can just feel it when you’re driving up or down something rutted and losing traction where you wouldn’t with the Cruiser. Longer springs are a must

Also hashtag Ute life. Yes I need to mow the lawn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
So, 67" chevy rear leaf swap then? That's what some people do here.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Back in the day the big thing for 106’s was a rear up front spring swap using rear springs from the later 167 series. I never investigated it really cos I just fitted old man emu leafs and shocks and then fixed any inadequacy in flex with air lockers.

If your pulling the front end apart too cross over steering is well worth the effort. Gets rid of the stupid setup they currently have.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah rear up fronts and crossover steering is what people do for mad flex but it seems like a 2” lift kit of some decent springs gives you “good enough” flex for what I want

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

Pretty sure this guy just has stock steering and a 2” EFS kit

https://youtu.be/9aLJGEhYcFA

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Hey Brah does your Hilux flex? :v:

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

You Am I posted:

Hey Brah does your Hilux flex? :v:

Hahaha no

https://youtu.be/-DXSdwUUgEk

https://youtu.be/V_GOkend9A8

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

Hey it’s not super modded coil sprung truck but that’s decent

I’m a big believer in keeping as many wheels as possible on the ground even with lockers, just more stable and better traction/control. But we just don’t have the super-flexy kinda rock steps etc in NZ so don’t I need a crazy rock crawler setup.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

Got some 5mm hub-centric spacers and put my 33/10.5s on the lux. Rubs like a motherfucker on the inner guards. Definitely needs diff push and lift. Goes really well though with the bigger tyres and the ground clearance under the diffs is great. Went for a 600 odd km drive. Still has plenty of power (yeah yeah 2.late etc) since it weighs next to nothing and the economy is pretty much the same if not better. Will probably be magical with a turbo (or explode).

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

gimpsuitjones posted:

Got some 5mm hub-centric spacers and put my 33/10.5s on the lux. Rubs like a motherfucker on the inner guards. Definitely needs diff push and lift. Goes really well though with the bigger tyres and the ground clearance under the diffs is great. Went for a 600 odd km drive. Still has plenty of power (yeah yeah 2.late etc) since it weighs next to nothing and the economy is pretty much the same if not better. Will probably be magical with a turbo (or explode).

Jesus. I gotta get back to NZ... So gloriously beautiful and empty.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

sharkytm posted:

Jesus. I gotta get back to NZ... So gloriously beautiful and empty.

I loving wish.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

It's all relative. a few people around here and there. especially over tourist season.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It's all relative to your proximity to auckland/vegas/queenstown, yeah.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

Slavvy posted:

or the glaciers on the West Coast

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

The Landcruiser is sold. Sad. But only $500 less than I bought it for.

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum
Been enjoying the Northland area this month and it has been great driving around and arriving to empty beaches, but this labour day weekend traffic is some bullshit.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Slavvy posted:

Get the hell out of the cities, and avoid the mega tourist areas. I live on the East Coast of the US, so it's also a sliding scale. My small state (MA) has 43% more people than the entire country of NZ, with a lot of that concentrate around Auckland, similar to Boston here, except Boston's sprawl covers a lot more ground.

NZ is intensely beautiful.

gimpsuitjones posted:

The Landcruiser is sold. Sad. But only $500 less than I bought it for.

Not bad man, it'll live on.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

My poor bank account. Spent so much money on Hilux bits this week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

RIP. Off to the new owner after a long drive in pissing rain and battery dramas including a visit to a dodgy Indian wreckers.

• Locked thread