Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

ZenMaster posted:

Cross posting from the Star Citizen thread:

:siren:EFFORT POST::siren:

There's something wrong with you, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

no they will not posted:

I did a little digging myself and have an addendum

my research on the subject has revealed the following

A November 22, 2013 xbox one is released
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_One

Aug 1, 2014 man asks 200 ladies to gently caress with him
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=200+crumbus+gently caress

March 31, 1999 The matrix is released
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Matrix

conclusion the man owns a time machine and used it at date zero

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

no they will not posted:

Lol

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

ZenMaster posted:

Cross posting from the Star Citizen thread:

:siren:EFFORT POST::siren:

For the morning crew to chew on, if I am being a jerk let me know, I will delete this, I am not minimizing depression or what Ben went through.

Timeline from very weak googling:

Been reading a lot of information put other there by Ben after Benghazi dropped... something didn't add up... and I read more than a few conflicting statements...

He wrote two LJ updates, one of April 16th and April 18th, 2016 to explain himself.

Ben makes one apology in the April 16th LJ update:

He is sorry it's so boring! I guess we are all just dum dums! Actually, this is a dodge. No one cares about his LJs. They are not the true issue here, it is the IRC chats. They are full of racism, pedophilia-related content, and threats of murder and violence (some against children). No one is using the LJs to troll Ben, or at least, that would be worthless as they are boring. But, Ben can explain the chats:

Ben Lesnick, April 16, 2016:

So, he's blaming SA for his disgusting IRC chats, right? Cause it convenient to blame the ones calling you out, no?

Something Awful was founded in 1999. Ben Lesnick would have been 18 years old when it was founded. Depending on when he discovered it and how long it took to 'idolize' it, he could well have been 19-20. This is further proven with:

The #WINGNUT IRC chat was founded in 1997 (and WCNEWS in 1998) a full 2 years before SA existed. If SA is to blame, this this:

Ben Lesnick, April 18, 2016:

is bollocks.

Two things here: If Something Awful is to blame as he says in the first missive, then this is simply not true. He would have been 18-20 range, an adult. Secondly, no one ever teased him for thinking cartoon anime women are hot. Some rational people might tell you that THINKING CARTOON ANIME CHILDREN are hot is BAD....that is the issue.... and if he was 17, how is a 17 year old thinking a 10 year old is "hot" and describing sexual things ok anywhere? Ben admits in graphic detail what he would do to a ten year old "cartoon anime woman," er child...

So, let's assume for the moment all of his gross rants and Hitler jokes and shooting up a classroom jokes are his to own, and not SA's fault... he was 17 and misguided.. he seriously was angry at the world? No friends, family, and nothing to live for? Losing your sight would be devastating, I am not minimized that at all... and maybe he did hide how he was feeling, but look at this.. is this the world of a anti-social, angsty teen who wrote those horrible things?

I get you were mad, depressed, and felt you wouldn't get out of life what you wanted... it would make anyone depressed. But it seems you had a tight family who loved you. Big parties, similar interests, and there are LJ after LJ of Ben buying things... every LJ is him buying a new toy or DVD series and enjoying it... he is passionate, and it shows... what doesn't show is the reason for the disturbing chats.

Who you are in secret is who you are in reality. That was exposed recently. I believe you have changed, but stop blaming everything and everyone else. Those things were inside you at one point, and you let them spill out onto the web in vibrant color, and people accepted you and you only got worse. Form 2002 and beyond you do some amazing things in your life, stuff even I have never done... I assume 1997-2002 was similar... your dad seems cool, did you go to Civil War reenactments with him? Museums with your mom, aquariums with your sister? I think you did...

But Ben, why do you never address: why did losing an eye make you joke about sex with kids? About shooting up a schoolroom of kids? How is the excuse that you felt you "had the world figure out" applicable? I would agree if it were embarrassing political posts or dumb ideas about society and its ill that were uncovered. If Sept 11th made you mad, why the racist rant against blacks, Chinese, etc? How do jokes about murdering kids fit into that narrative?

They don't. I do not deny you were very depressed. I do not claim to know how you felt during those dark times, and I am glad you found an outlet and friends to get through... but normal conversations between friends don't include these things. And if they do no one keeps a record of their awfulness. And then doubles down as to why they were kept.

If he truly did hate the world at one point and was just a dumb kid, it would have been in 1997-1999 time frame, and his chats would have started way before SA and any influence that would have had.

So by maybe, 24 you had mellowed?

Sorry, you were 27 when you wrote this stuff... lesson not learned?

DarkOff had a bit more to add, thanks Dark.

this kind of poo poo might get you lots of friends in games, but here in GBS we expect references

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Ryoshi posted:

nice

zen master this is funny and cool and your post was creepy and dumb and bad, take notes

But all posts are dumb and bad here :confused:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Parallax Scroll posted:

starwar got burned so hard he unstickied the thread

Pussy.

Alan Smithee posted:

So what's with the scrotum references who posted the scrotum

This fine fellow, tho it's gone now sadly, even if he got a cool new AV for it:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&userid=217200&perpage=40&pagenumber=6#post458862721

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Lol at Dans of all people popping up to defend this guy.
All the major "stars" of FYAD have turned out to be lovely, worthless tools.

Docevil is a pudgy doofus that got owned by smashmouth
Abe tried to own a 12 year old on twitter and got laughed off the internet.
Dans comes in and tries to support a fat racist, pedo, scammer, whale of a fucker.

Hell, I bet corsair doesn't even HAVE a pool.

Also, I'm glad to see WebDog. Haven't seen that genius since those fuckers shut down the CaD mockery.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Johnny Aztec posted:

Hell, I bet corsair doesn't even HAVE a pool.

Take that back right now.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

ZenMaster posted:

quote:

Dark Off posted:

good effort post. most hatefull stuff did happen in the 90's, but he did continue his horrible commenting until 2003. For example 9/11 happened in 2001
I did look up couple of quotes to see when those were said to get some kind of timeline going on

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...e+into+history.
everything over 20 000 is from 2003

The wc newsgroup. alt.games.wing-commander... #17,814
http://www.oocities.org/siliconvalley/bay/7595/ was last updated in 1998 so everything under 17, 814 happened before 1998

You didn't link DarkOff's post but the last part is incorrect, around #4600 he mentions the Lewinsky scandal twice.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

no they will not posted:

A freakin Diet Coke

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

It goes without saying that op and the other graph guy are worse than the fat man

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Making cross post seriousposts lol

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
From games lol

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
when is everyone getting probed

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Recoome posted:

when is everyone getting probed

The probe ship will be on sale for $35,99 next week.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
MeLKoR has a browser extension he uses to keep red-text notes on everyone on SA, he has a coded system of symbols like + ++ - -- #, %, ^ that all mean different things, and also records quotations so he can use them against people later in D&D arguments.

He was taking requests in the game thread to show people screenshots of the notes he kept on them.

If any of you guys want to know what his codes for you are or what quotable quotes he has, you can ask him in here he'll probably show ya.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

hakimashou posted:

MeLKoR has a browser extension he uses to keep red-text notes on everyone on SA, he has a coded system of symbols like + ++ - -- #, %, ^ that all mean different things, and also records quotations so he can use them against people later in D&D arguments.

He was taking requests in the game thread to show people screenshots of the notes he kept on them.

If any of you guys want to know what his codes for you are or what quotable quotes he has, you can ask him in here he'll probably show ya.

wow

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

hakimashou posted:

Huh. What horrible poo poo have I said, MelKor? Or do I have to have actually have had red text before he starts a dossier?

E: I can think of at least a few.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

It's just the notes option of SALR, he's the only person I've heard of use it. He's also incredibly defensive about it. Don't get him started on pedos.

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Eye contact counters everything
I was one of the first backers on SC when all we had seen was a pre-rendered video of something we will never see in the actual in-game engine. I'm sort of kind of starting to regret those 40 bucks now.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Alan Smithee posted:

More like aatrek Betamax am I rite

:stare:

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
First of all...FIRST of all, there are quite a FEW things that differentiate me from Aartrek. First of all I am not a bad person like he was. I am a loving father and a good husband and my family loves me and I have done a lot of things with my life for instance I volunteer a lot, helping out the under privileged youth. Secondly I am not fat like I assume he was, I am fit and trim and in great shape like a gazelle! Haha just a joke there but I actually not fat that part was true. I could stand to be in a little better shape and I'm hoping to get back into running this year. Thirdly, I am a way better Admin than he ever was, I make sure to be kind and moderate in my mod decisions, for instance you wont catch me banning people for no reason, in fact I have never banned ayone in my time as admin of these forums, and you can take that to the bank. Fourthly, I try to liven the place up with funny jokes and stickies, for instance this very THREAD, which I thought would be good for a laugh and it really hurts that I;m throwing you guys a bone here and you turn on me like a pack of hyenas and honestly it makes me wonder if I should continue or not. This isn''t the only thing I have to do in my life by the way, for instance I live an active and varied life and this is just a small part of it . A tiny part for instance. Please stop with the harassing, this is a thankless job and Im glad to do it but cut me some slack once in a while OK. OK? :thumbsup:

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Nice try but that is clearly doobies KS boilerplate copy and pasted but your name instead of hot doggs

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

8 track betamax posted:

First of all...FIRST of all, there are quite a FEW things that differentiate me from Aartrek. First of all I am not a bad person like he was. I am a loving father and a good husband and my family loves me and I have done a lot of things with my life for instance I volunteer a lot, helping out the under privileged youth. Secondly I am not fat like I assume he was, I am fit and trim and in great shape like a gazelle! Haha just a joke there but I actually not fat that part was true. I could stand to be in a little better shape and I'm hoping to get back into running this year. Thirdly, I am a way better Admin than he ever was, I make sure to be kind and moderate in my mod decisions, for instance you wont catch me banning people for no reason, in fact I have never banned ayone in my time as admin of these forums, and you can take that to the bank. Fourthly, I try to liven the place up with funny jokes and stickies, for instance this very THREAD, which I thought would be good for a laugh and it really hurts that I;m throwing you guys a bone here and you turn on me like a pack of hyenas and honestly it makes me wonder if I should continue or not. This isn''t the only thing I have to do in my life by the way, for instance I live an active and varied life and this is just a small part of it . A tiny part for instance. Please stop with the harassing, this is a thankless job and Im glad to do it but cut me some slack once in a while OK. OK? :thumbsup:

Why'd ya unsticky the thread, you big wiener?

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

ZenMaster posted:

me, frowning slightly as i flip through dossier on video game employee: the section on his childhood traumas is little more than a stub

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

8 track betamax posted:

i love you like a four legged brother and am glad you made these nerds mad

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

8 track betamax posted:

First of all...FIRST of all, me Aartrek.

I loves me the under privileged youth.

you wont catch me

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

marauderthirty posted:

That is one huge bitch. gently caress.

She is a Lexus

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

This is a joke. I like you betamax so probes me if you must

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Oh, man. Does that say "Peep?" That was my wife's pet name for me, back when I had a wife. I don't want to have anything in common with this Lesnick person.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
big post w/ graph guy: you are a fag

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD
I sure am happy there are bored nerd losers keeping tabs on an entirely different group of bored nerd losers

Chilled Cactus
Nov 15, 2011

College Slice
i can see why they call this guy "zen master"!

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
I went into games to see how they reacted to that big gay post but they've posted like 30 pages of poo poo today. The thread is 3441 pages long lol

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Furnok Dorn posted:

I sure am happy there are bored nerd losers keeping tabs on an entirely different group of bored nerd losers

Shhh.

We're playing Stair Citizen.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Can we return to the days where star citizen threads were gassed and the goons retreated to an offsite to discuss buying offensive avatars for the mod that gassed the threads?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Centripetal Horse posted:

Oh, man. Does that say "Peep?" That was my wife's pet name for me, back when I had a wife. I don't want to have anything in common with this Lesnick person.

Pretty sure that's brown sugar and not sand.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Lord Binky posted:

I went into games to see how they reacted to that big gay post but they've posted like 30 pages of poo poo today. The thread is 3441 pages long lol

Legend has it, that if you collate all the posts into one file, call it starcitizen.exe, and run it, it runs better than actual Star Citizen.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it's kind of sad all around imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

megalodong posted:

Can we return to the days where star citizen threads were gassed and the goons retreated to an offsite to discuss buying offensive avatars for the mod that gassed the threads?

That wasn't quite the reason for that. It was because mods got tired of non-goon shitizen hopefuls being directed to GBS to make introduction posts. And the goons back then, rather than just bask in the silence of victory of having annoyed mods, decided to be crybabies and waste :10bux: on said mods when they put their foot down.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Apr 20, 2016

• Locked thread