Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
just gonna leave these here

credit to EminusSleepus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

a hole-y ghost posted:

This looks like standard gbs poster level humor to me. Is it funny because he's the star citizen guy??

to be fair, yeah, but some things are a little telling about the sense of humor

like making sexual jokes about his 10 year old little sister

like finding a sign warning against pickpocketing and moving a sign for black history memobilia by it and taking a picture

like talking about following women around in a museum because he thought they might be the reporter he jacks it to

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
breaking news

BMan posted:

Someone asked for a Ben Lesnick bot the other day. Well here it is...

:frogsiren: http://robo-roberts.appspot.com/ben :frogsiren:
so f5 :f5:

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

SelenicMartian posted:

You really need to add to the OP that he worked at a school for 5 years and some of his quotes are from that time.

I also didn't see on skimming the factoid that they're trying to brush it off as "when he was young" when he was in his mid to late 20s

e: one of his damage control attempts
http://banditloaf.livejournal.com/105991.html

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

dans posted:

Holy poo poo, where did you people dig this up from? I was one of LOAF's friends way back then and it's really weird to see our ancient in-jokes becoming a thing.

he posted it on twitter saying "look, my old jokes!" or some poo poo. then someone found the kerri lee photo stash (that wasn't hidden) and it was on

after the really terrible quotes started being found, the bandwagon was inevitable. and justified imo.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
noone's saying he was dead serious when he said that poo poo, or that the context isn't missing

we're saying that there's no way that these can cover up serious trends of racism and pedophilia in humor

topics which aren't funny

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Lord Binky posted:

boy, don't click on the forum one down from this one... it'd blow your freakin mind!

haven't done that since 2002. really, racism and pedo poo poo in 2016? i mean I figured fyad was still worth avoiding, but drat.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
you didnt see the screenshot of ben talking on a forum in 2008 about knowing where kerri lee was for no good reason

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
again, sometimes the undertones of a joke are a lot more telling than the punchline

racist pedos can be edgelords too

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Colonel Cancer posted:

I've never heard about Star Citizen aside from the jokes thrown at it in GBS but this is mindboggling. Its like someone looked at WH40K and thought nope, this isnt edgy enough for me.

Star Citizen backers all have different realities they've given thousands to try to escape to.

They're not pretty.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Nation posted:

if dans isn't trolling ill be disappointed

he got me. a moment of weakness :(

e: either that or dans just got a call like "hey man can you give me a hand with this sitch"

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Frankenstyle posted:

If you're not lying this whole thing becomes a teeny bit less funny, so I don't believe you.

Why? he's basically saying 'its a long time ago, we were joking' so even if it's right, things boil down to closet racist vs actual racist, etc

e: also, kinda not funny

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
ok now you hosed up the troll

even idiots don't double down on how seriously they dismiss poo poo

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

CrazyLoon posted:

Now I understand! Childhood friend! Helped him get Kerri-Lee's pictures! Ben mentioned someone helping him get pictures of Kerri-Lee - You're his mom!! :laffo:

oh poo poo

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
from now on when anyone uses the "we were all young" response after confronted with some of the racist / pedo jokes and the sheer volume

i would easily consider to be down with that kind of poo poo.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Chomp8645 posted:

All the repeated key terms in this thread are probably setting off alarm scripts at the NSA like crazy.
one would hope lesnick was already on several watchlists

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

dans posted:

We were young and immature, think back to what GBS was ten years ago, it was a bunch of Olsen twins legality countdowns, ironic racism, and stupid poo poo like that. Not that it's OK, but that was what immature jackasses posted on the internet back then.
We were dumb, guys, dumb enough to see the Wing Commander movie in theaters.

Even before that the olsen countdown posters were called creeps; I definitely remember other goons telling people to quit ironic racism poo poo, on a regular basis, even back then. The poo poo was around, but IIRC people got mocked, ostracized, and/or banned for the kind of poo poo he was saying, if posted on the actual forums.

Again, it takes a closet racist to think implying that a black memorabilia event at a library would lead to pickpocketing is comedic. That closet racist may also be an edgelord. Still a racist.

I get your point, though, so I don't really see any point in belaboring or bickering. But it doesn't really add up to a legitimate defense, and his lack of 2016-appropriate response shows. Along with the history of hostility to women in a way that was incongruous to how he treated male backers -- which was also lovely.

He's known as having an iron fist that crushes dissent on the forums so that the whales of the project can have the insular community that will drive jpeg sales. This is not a strong foundation for a defense of his mid-20s jokester persona.

JainDoh fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Apr 18, 2016

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

AugmentedVision posted:

Ben gets fired, possibly kills himself: I get to watch with morbid curiosity and concern troll about it, I win

Nothing happens despite Star Citizen obsessed goons spending combined days of man*-time writing to news outlets about Ben. I know that, despite hiding it, these goons are real mad that nobody cares about their quest and I laugh. I win

*no sexist

av/post combo

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
Games thread is basically irc chat in thread form. also its generally pretty jovial, ben's site o creepy racism has been one of the darkest points

usually any darkness just people going too far to try to prove specific CIG/RSI employees are shitlords.

they are, so... ~join us~

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
basically these people are human scum who have put an unstable man under such pressure that he gained 100 pounds and is overweight in a potentially fatal manner. Then made it difficult for him to stay on his diet.

the tragedy is somewhat lessened, in light of his shadow persona reveal

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Wanamingo posted:

Truly, self-evident pettiness

ftfy

its more of a 'no, THIS is what these people are actually like' moment than anything

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

:perfect: etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yeah, reading through some of his posts its obvious his family definitly loved him and showed it often and sincerely.

Imagine how disappointed his dad must be to see that it didn't equate to poo poo and his baby boy still turned out to be a pudgy scottish guy's pet sperg

his dad is probably a shitizen like landos dad

Parallax Scroll posted:

i liked him better when he worked for giant bomb

davis would have probably beat the poo poo out of lesnick

• Locked thread