Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

I didn't like it because the levels were worse.

To a shocking degree, yeah. Also the removal of the masks feature is maybe the worst idea any developer's ever had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah playing HM1 i thought "this is impossible to gently caress up. some rooms, some dudes, some guns, you have a fun level" and then they had poo poo shoot you from off-screen with no cover in half the levels

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

yeah playing HM1 i thought "this is impossible to gently caress up. some rooms, some dudes, some guns, you have a fun level" and then they had poo poo shoot you from off-screen with no cover in half the levels

i cant believe the docks level made it into the final relase.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

no they will not posted:

I only played one and two! If 3 has bad multiplayer then consider it taken off my post. I just want to play patapon again and they sure as hell ain't going to make a vita one

If you really love Patapon it's maybe worth playing 3 because they add some cool things but they go all-in on the "hero" idea from PP2 and it doesn't really feel like you're controlling an army anymore and just felt less fun and more grindy. I think it's worth checking out but when I got my vita and decided to re-buy a Patapon game it was a no-brainer going with 2 over 3. Also the music in 3 is really bad and there are way too many electric guitar riffs. Its my favorite Sony property though and while I have no hope for a sequel I would kill for the Patapon u described. The multiplayer in 3 was actually really cool, everything else just was worse

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

I didn't like it because the levels were worse.

It did give us this video, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7ETCh0tFRc

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao classic

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That was me the first time I tried that hallway also.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

This was a triumph.
I'm making a note here:
HUGE SUCCESS.
It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.

Aperture Science.
We do what we must because we can.
For the good of all of us
Except the ones who are dead.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake.
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
And the science gets done and you make a neat gun.
For the people who are still alive.

I'm not even angry.
I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart and killed me.
And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
As they burned it hurt because
I was so happy for you!

Now these points of data make a beautiful line.
And we're out of beta, we're releasing on time.
So I'm GLaD I got burned.
Think of all the things we learned
For the people who are still alive.

Go ahead and leave me.
I think I prefer to stay inside.
Maybe you'll find someone else to help you.
Maybe Black Mesa...
THAT WAS A JOKE. Haha. FAT CHANCE.
Anyway, this cake is great.
It's so delicious and moist.

Look at me still talking when there's science to do.
When I look out there it makes me GLaD I'm not you.
I've experiments to run there is research to be done
On the people who are still alive

And believe me I am still alive.
I'm doing science and I'm still alive.
I feel FANTASTIC and I'm still alive.
While you're dying I'll be still alive.
And when you're dead I will be still alive.

Still alive
Still alive

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

SWAT 5.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I wonder if that Kickstarter game by the SotN guy will be any good

E:http://youtu.be/jLpMwEAiw7Q

:pray:

im absolutely certain it will be

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I think the world needs more DK64, give it a sequel.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FoolyCharged posted:

I think the world needs more DK64, give it a sequel.

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The World Ends With You was the best new square enix IP in years and a sequel set in a different city is what I'm eternally praying for

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I hope Sea of Thieves will be good

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

also dk64 was garbage and post dkc rare wasnt that great

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I hope Sea of Thieves will be good

Is that the online game where you and your mateys are pirates

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

I was a really upset 12 year old
Perfect Dark was a masterpiece

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

viva piñata

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
While I was joking before I'd play the poo poo out of a new Desert Strike helicopter game.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

TOC THIS IS ENTRY TEAM, WE GOT A WALLET DOWN HERE!!!!

julian assflange posted:

While I was joking before I'd play the poo poo out of a new Desert Strike helicopter game.
gently caress yeah, multiplayer would be awesome too

Personally I'd like to see either From of Platinum reboot the legacy of kain/soul reaver series

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

In Training posted:

i cant believe the docks level made it into the final relase.

in the game maker level editor you have to manually set up some reference for how big the player's viewport will be (it doesnt do this automatically! why??) and if you don't bother, you inevitably end up with levels that are built to the wrong scale. like, it's not really hard to do, but if you don't, you'll probably build a level that feels awful and can only be fixed by rebuilding from scratch. Basically I have a strong suspicion that they didnt try very hard on important parts of that game

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

I'd like a New Vegas 2 in something that isn't the Bethesda engine.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I want a "remake" of Zelda: Link's Awakening in the sense that A Link Between Worlds was a "remake" of LttP.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

C-Euro posted:

I want a "remake" of Zelda: Link's Awakening in the sense that A Link Between Worlds was a "remake" of LttP.

So you want a sequel. :geno:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lightning Returns 2: Final Fantasy XIII as well as another game with FFXIII and FFXIII-2's combat.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evil Eagle posted:

Lightning Returns 2: Final Fantasy XIII as well as another game with FFXIII and FFXIII-2's combat.

This. I like FF13's combat more than the traditional FF style.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

This. I like FF13's combat more than the traditional FF style.

Me too but it will probably never happen because the whole "thing" of final fantasy is that they throw everything out every game (outside of the recent trend of numbered sequels)

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Beyond Good and Evil needs a sequel like I need a cup of coffee in the morning :)
good news is there is (was?) a sequel in development at one point, dunno if ubi is still working on it but it was in development as of two years ago. hopefully it doesn't linger in development hell for too much longer.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

liquid courage posted:

good news is there is (was?) a sequel in development at one point, dunno if ubi is still working on it but it was in development as of two years ago. hopefully it doesn't linger in development hell for too much longer.

Ive been obsessively following any news regarding the sequel for the last decade and I am confident when I say it will be announced within the next two E3s.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Would you really want modern Ubisoft to make that game.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Evil Eagle posted:

I have spent the last two days playing FFXIII on my computer. I didn't care for it when it came out, but now I think it's good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A new Metal Slug would be cool now that SNK is back from the grave

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

In Training posted:

It would be that one bge2 teaser that mocked qte's, but unironically

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

I trust in Ancel.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Me too but it will probably never happen because the whole "thing" of final fantasy is that they throw everything out every game (outside of the recent trend of numbered sequels)

They used the freaking ATB system for 6 games in a row. Just give me a Paradigm Shift game on the 3ds and I'll be happy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

They used the freaking ATB system for 6 games in a row. Just give me a Paradigm Shift game on the 3ds and I'll be happy.

Oh yeah lol. Well they made a new game with the XIII battle style but it's a Japanese only mobile f2p game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Oh yeah lol. Well they made a new game with the XIII battle style but it's a Japanese only mobile f2p game.

:doh:

• Locked thread