Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
If they did know this was the last game in the series then it is a proper sendoff I'd say. As much as I want more games in this series I'm ok with this being the final chapter. One of the few games I'd play repeatedly for the story alone. How often can you say you don't get sick of seeing cutscenes in a game. Now if only we can get Blood Omen 1 on Steam or GoG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

I thought SR2 said that the early vampires forged the original reaver as a vampiric blade. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHqujq5N6_8&t=1533s.

After that it seemed (seemed, not stated) that after Raziel's soul was supposed to be absorbed by the blade at the end of SR2, his unique essence would have changed the blade from a vampiric blade to one that sucked souls.

EDIT: sentence reads better now.

PSWII60 fucked around with this message at 06:18 on May 2, 2016

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Zain posted:

That's true, but the first paradox was the SOUL REAVER. Right then it's just "the reaver" which steals blood. In Blood Omen it was the full bore Soul Reaver.

Kain travels 50 years back into the past, so 20 years or so before he was born (Kain seems like he's about 30 as a guess), to fight William the Just. SR2 takes place at the start around when Kain was born, then the end takes place before that by an undetermined amount of time, since the Sarafan lords were still alive then, but seemed to be dead at the start of the game. It would stand to reason that it takes place before William the Just's era since the stained glass mural of William fighting Kain is not present in the areas and the only then took the reaver back to the stronghold where it was at in the beginning of SR2 already imbued with Raziel's self. In that era Raziel was supposed to die by the reaver's blade and surrender himself to it creating the Soul Reaver. Then it would have been given to William the Just later on down the line.

Alternatively Mobius has a time machine and can take the Soul Reaver to whenever he feels like and give it William at whatever time.

EDIT: Found this which was a timeline included with the Playstation 2 Soul Reaver 2. I didn't see any spoilers, which makes sense since this game didn't exist yet when Soul Reaver 2 came out.

PSWII60 fucked around with this message at 08:27 on May 2, 2016

• Locked thread