Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie

the parappa anime is actually really good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imzzF_gLwCM&t=9m20s
hereyago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie

what was everyone's first subbed anime? mine was hajime no ippo.

Scaly Haylie

Uxzuigal posted:

Is there any anime with absolutely ZERO "Moe" in any way? No "cute" faces or annoying things that makes me want to punch someone close to me?

Game Center CX

also i second the recommendation of jojo. if you like this clip you should like jojo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB54VLXR9s4&t=33s

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Apr 20, 2016

Scaly Haylie

that's an important moment, but i don't feel it conveys the highly necessary information that the show is very silly.

Scaly Haylie

fortunately, i have a clip right here that highlights both the homoeroticism AND the ridiculous bullshit of jojos.

Scaly Haylie

yakitate japan is fun. it's an anime about baking bread.

Scaly Haylie

Scaly Haylie

this cover is really good

Scaly Haylie

tell me what my hero academia is and why i should watch it, it sounds like an iPhone app

Scaly Haylie

neat, what's the tone?

Scaly Haylie

can people, like, describe their recommendations instead of namedropping them?

Scaly Haylie

does anyone have any recommendations for sentai or tokusatsu shows?

Scaly Haylie

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

Akibaranger is funny but not, like, normal sentai in any way.

Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger is a giant love letter to all the previous sentais and it's pretty good, plus you might see some other cool stuff there that leads you to other sentais you might like

i'll see about hunting those down. also what's a good kamen rider to start with?

Scaly Haylie

jojo part 4 is good

Scaly Haylie

Scaly Haylie

i often find fight scenes in manga visually confusing. i do not have this problem with anime.

Scaly Haylie

this one's for all the jojo fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJD3RX0tz6Q

Scaly Haylie

holy poo poo

Scaly Haylie

what's the name of that one sailor moon monster who choked swans while shouting her own name

Scaly Haylie

i got a really good deal on one piece warriors 3 a few weeks ago, so i guess i gotta catch up with that anime now.

Scaly Haylie

how about the anime that your sig's from because dang :3:

Scaly Haylie

guys i got a really good deal on one piece pirate warriors 3. the upshot here is that i'm gonna have to catch up on one piece, and i stopped like...just a little bit after the alabasta arc.

Scaly Haylie

Matoi Ryuko posted:

That's like 2 weeks worth of reading. Probably something like 600-700 chapters?

oh i don't mean reading

Scaly Haylie

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Oh well then it's going to take like 100x longer to get through the anime.

Lizard Wizard posted:

i often find fight scenes in manga visually confusing. i do not have this problem with anime.

Scaly Haylie

Scaly Haylie

drilldo squirt posted:

What anime is this?

outbreak company. i haven't seen it myself but apparently it is aggressively otaku.

Scaly Haylie

what is this from, please and thank you

Scaly Haylie

Pro Target posted:

uchouten kazoku was an enjoyable anime show

could i convince you to, like, describe it instead of just namedropping all its syllables?

Scaly Haylie

Pro Target posted:

its a fairly low-key and melancholy showabout a family of tanuki that has some very nice characters and does a good job of depictingtheir complex relationships

thank you

Scaly Haylie

this is going to be in an official cartoon. this is mega man. this is real.

Scaly Haylie

oh whoops; i meant to post this in the video games thread but this works too i guess!!

Scaly Haylie

if it's broken, that's because you're image leeching. put it on imgur.

Scaly Haylie

at last...the perfect anime...

Scaly Haylie

the latest jojo parts made me hate the new opening

Scaly Haylie

Chill la Chill posted:

slice of life comedies

polar bear cafe

Scaly Haylie

Chill la Chill posted:

Is this like we bare bears? I like that show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM_yXH9dB70

Scaly Haylie

HighwireAct posted:

just binged-watched One Punch Man

people get so upset if you imply saitama could beat goku

could he?

Scaly Haylie

:dogbutton:

Scaly Haylie

just introduced my brother, who is a bartender, to jojo part 4. he plans to put it on the bar's TV, muted, just to see if he can confuse his patrons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie

super mario batali posted:

Please report results

can do!

also, homework for anyone who doesn't watch jojo: watch the italian food episode.

• Locked thread