Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Our organization is the only one in town that gives out food to the needy on the holidays, no questions asked.

Honest graft, now there's a grand, progressive ideal. What America could use more of is honest graft, not this dishonest malarkey one finds with the large financials.

Remember the first rule of politics. The ballots don't make the results, the counters make the results. The counters. Keep counting. Always be counting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
God, I love wearing tweed. I sure hope history recognizes that fact by granting me some sort of nickname.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

*is migf* *idolizes a corrupt politician*

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

*more money for me* *gently caress you*

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lincoln posted:

God, I love wearing tweed. I sure hope history recognizes that fact by granting me some sort of nickname.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I wish we lived in the universe where Boss Tweed was just a dude who was super rich and super into tweed. His only scandal would have been 'that time Boss Tweed stole a nice tweed coat from a guy's house he was at'.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Daniel day Lewis was so good in that movie

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
Tammany Hall only worked because there was enough of a constant influx of dirt-poor immigrants whose votes you could buy for a lump of coal.

Cory and Trevor
Feb 22, 2006
Summon Shannon Tweed to my library!

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Laphroaig posted:

Tammany Hall only worked because there was enough of a constant influx of dirt-poor immigrants whose votes you could buy for a lump of coal.

Oh, I know.

I call them "undergraduates."

Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Pollyanna posted:

*is migf* *idolizes a corrupt politician*

To be fair, migf is a Clinton supporter, so he is being consistent.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Bloody Queef posted:

To be fair, migf is a Clinton supporter, so he is being consistent.

MIGF is a MIGF supporter, who is undecided on whether he gains more from supporting Sanders or Clinton at the convention.

I've seen the data for the Clinton offer; I have earnestly attempted to see the data for what I'd gain from supporting Sanders.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

My Imaginary GF posted:

MIGF is a MIGF supporter, who is undecided on whether he gains more from supporting Sanders or Clinton at the convention.

I've seen the data for the Clinton offer; I have earnestly attempted to see the data for what I'd gain from supporting Sanders.

How would you like to win all the time, the point where you would become tired of winning? Would you be interested in seeing America become Great Again? If so, I have any exciting limited time offer, exclusive to you, for the finest candidate in the world.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Laphroaig posted:

How would you like to win all the time, the point where you would become tired of winning? Would you be interested in seeing America become Great Again? If so, I have any exciting limited time offer, exclusive to you, for the finest candidate in the world.

I never get tired of winning one for America.

I really am surprised that you do not understand how undergraduates are the modern Irish.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I'm a Tiger! RRAAWWWRR!!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Can I be that drunk mouse from American Tail that was an allegory for Tweed?

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

My Imaginary GF posted:

I never get tired of winning one for America.

I really am surprised that you do not understand how undergraduates are the modern Irish.

who are you arguing with or talking to. of course I don't understand your muddled non-argument, you've never made one, you just said "undergraduates" and then "don't you understand how undergraduates are the modern Irish? [in the context of tammany hall machine politics]".

the allegory is a stretch even as a metaphor because the [Irish immigrants] undergraduates support... [Boss Tweed] Bernie Sanders? Who is promising them a [bucket of coal] Free Education? But Tammany Hall was the established machine that already gave you things, not promised things in the future... it was literally a bucket of coal today for a vote tomorrow, not a vote today for a bucket of coal maybe in the future. so it would be the modern Democratic party and its leadership, giving them... government backed student loans? Free t-shirts? I mean where is this one going you've got some legwork to do.

think about how great America could be if we just spent all our time and national resources constructing like the High Wall of Lothric

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Laphroaig posted:

who are you arguing with or talking to. of course I don't understand your muddled non-argument, you've never made one, you just said "undergraduates" and then "don't you understand how undergraduates are the modern Irish? [in the context of tammany hall machine politics]".

the allegory is a stretch even as a metaphor because the [Irish immigrants] undergraduates support... [Boss Tweed] Bernie Sanders? Who is promising them a [bucket of coal] Free Education? But Tammany Hall was the established machine that already gave you things, not promised things in the future... it was literally a bucket of coal today for a vote tomorrow, not a vote today for a bucket of coal maybe in the future. so it would be the modern Democratic party and its leadership, giving them... government backed student loans? Free t-shirts? I mean where is this one going you've got some legwork to do.

think about how great America could be if we just spent all our time and national resources constructing like the High Wall of Lothric

Tammany Hall delivers upon its promises. Undergraduates have unlimited federal funds available to them, and an establish machine would seek to deliver those funds to community enterprises in accord with best-practices while growing the reliable base within the area.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
im the idealistic muckraker that gets trampled by the machine

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
*is super fat, like basically a sphere*

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

thurlow weed > tweed

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
i'm like 1/8th irish and a grad student, what does that make me

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

point of return posted:

i'm like 1/8th irish and a grad student, what does that make me

Alcoholic

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Mayor Dave posted:

im the idealistic muckraker that gets trampled by the machine

a/s/l? the machine may yet have a use for you

Tiny Bug Child posted:

*is super fat, like basically a sphere*

CARRIAGES DONT VOTE. Field staff knock'n doors votes.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Boss Tweed would never defect to Chicago, you anemorast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Can I roll a wizard

• Locked thread