Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Stymie posted:

is this interest in ssds basically the same as wanting to install windows server on a home machine because it's "faster" because it makes just about as much sense

honestly, floppies shoud be fine for anyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

sty-"what's a disk op?"-mie

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Stymie posted:

is this interest in ssds basically the same as wanting to install windows server on a home machine because it's "faster" because it makes just about as much sense

don't be willfully dense

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

maniacdevnull posted:

honestly, floppies shoud be fine for anyone

your girlfriend was lying to you

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

atomicthumbs posted:

don't be willfully dense

SSDs are very dense. And Epic Win.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i need to move data fast, i have no time to wait

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
i dunno, op; i put an ssd into my mac but it doesnt seem any faster than the hdd that was in it before

maybe its the ATA/100 adapter

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Raluek posted:

i dunno, op; i put an ssd into my mac but it doesnt seem any faster than the hdd that was in it before

maybe its the ATA/100 adapter

for older ones a scsi2sd speeds them up quite nicely

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

atomicthumbs posted:

don't be willfully dense

that's his entire gimmick

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

why can this guy not hold the chip still for more than a millisecond?

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
when can I start putting ssds into my consumer nas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Probably when consumer nas products start using raid controllers worth a poo poo or much more powerful processors

• Locked thread