Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
heres how much i hate the final event stage

In my Three Wishes, I have:

Mushu at 6*, fully chip/daled
Auron at 6*, fully chip/daled
Squall at 6*
Yuna at 6*
Yuffie at 5* but with 2 pips on her skill

Total power is 46,693.

Even spending my entire meter, with Kotexx's Selphie or Cliff's Auron, I am still 3k damage short of one turning the fat bandit

I'm now trying to get my Vivi up to 5* max level and hoping his damage boost will be enough to circumvent this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Rafza posted:

Squall at 6*
Yuna at 6*

Total power is 46,693.

Even spending my entire meter, with Kotexx's Selphie or Cliff's Auron, I am still 3k damage short of one turning the fat bandit

I'm now trying to get my Vivi up to 5* max level and hoping his damage boost will be enough to circumvent this poo poo

How many points do you have on that sword?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

New Leaf posted:

How many points do you have on that sword?

It's max level. If you're talking about cost, I'm maxed out at 161

I forgot I had DiZ at 5* so I plugged him in place of Mushu, and it worked; str boosts like DiZ and Aerith are insanely good for single target burst

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Apr 22, 2016

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
I don't like that final event stage either.
It's been easiest to just do the mid-tier one instead. Takes all of 2 minutes max to get about 40 coins per run. Extremely easy with a decent set of mult-hit medals (for me it's 6* Wakka and 6* KH1 Cloud) and as a bonus it nets me about 950 Lux each run.

I've almost maxed the female board. Then I'll probably fill out the male board just for the chips/dales.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

How much storage for medals do you guys have, I'm at 75 and it's somehow still not nearly enough. I'm trying to guilt a few of the common drops since I pulled a bunch of high-star commons from jewel pulls (TGIF because I can finally upgrade all my 2-star trash)

Also are the daily rewards sort of broken for anyone else? The jewels work fine, but the second reward (the one that's usually just titles) are a day behind. Today it said I'd get 100 jewels, but instead my gift box had the Big Sister title, which the game said was my log-in reward for yesterday, except yesterday the gift box only had the log-in reward for the day before, and so on..... if that makes any sense.

melodicwaffle fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Apr 22, 2016

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

melodicwaffle posted:

How much storage for medals do you guys have, I'm at 75 and it's somehow still not nearly enough. I'm trying to guilt a few of the common drops since I pulled a bunch of high-star commons from jewel pulls (TGIF because I can finally upgrade all my 2-star trash)

im sitting at 125 and its still very, very constricting

i can't say i'd feel comfortable until 200 and even then that might be pushing it

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

melodicwaffle posted:

I went ahead and bumped myself up to 100 this week and still only have a couple of empty slots to work with. I'm hoarding a ton of evolve medals right now. Having resources only available on certain days is aggravating and will probably prove to be the reason I break and throw $15 down on this thing at some point.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
I just did my first upgrade to 55 yesterday and have been making due with that. I've been fusing medals that I have no intent of using despite their star level. I'm working on four medals to get guilt, KH Sora v. A, Wakka, Yuna, and Paine, because I've picked up so many of them. I'm going to start funneling jewels into storage because being able to evolve these one rank per week isn't working and I need the storage for all the evolve medals required.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Rafza posted:

Squall at 6*
Yuna at 6*

Total power is 46,693.

I'm glad people are using my ULTRA GUILT SELPHIE

EDIT: I need to level her up more

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I'm glad people are using my ULTRA GUILT SELPHIE

it does good damage for its cost, and i needed a small cost blue since i had so many 3 cost ones

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Rafza posted:

it does good damage for its cost, and i needed a small cost blue since i had so many 3 cost ones

That's the exact reason I made and shared her, because magic Medals usually cost 2-3 and there aren't a ton of people sharing good magic medals.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
I've been raising up a Leon to perhaps go 6*. 1 special to do 3 hits to all enemies for not terrible damage. Magic is definitely my least effective typing.

And now working on getting a Guilt Wakka and KH ver. A Sora as I have pretty much the requirements to do so.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

SereneCrimson posted:

I've been raising up a Leon to perhaps go 6*. 1 special to do 3 hits to all enemies for not terrible damage. Magic is definitely my least effective typing.

And now working on getting a Guilt Wakka and KH ver. A Sora as I have pretty much the requirements to do so.

Leon/Squall drops down to 2 hits at 6*, but his scaling goes up significantly. He's still an excellent medal

First event board completed, you get the title "Ultimate" with a red keyblade background, it's neat

now I get to start all over with the female board...

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I splurged jewels to get 200 storage early on.

Also I feel bad sharing my Tinker Bell but I just don't really have anything that much better.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

HGH posted:

Also I feel bad sharing my Tinker Bell but I just don't really have anything that much better.

how

my duder you are up there in levels and lux gained how are you only able to rep tinkerbell

e: i wish i could xfer google play credit, get you a ten pack or something

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Apr 22, 2016

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

HGH posted:

Unless we have more than one HGH you have a 15 hit maxed out Stitch medal showing in your profile that I'd happily use.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The 2nd Event quest murders me, so I'm stuck farming the first one. :smith:

melodicwaffle posted:

Also are the daily rewards sort of broken for anyone else? The jewels work fine, but the second reward (the one that's usually just titles) are a day behind. Today it said I'd get 100 jewels, but instead my gift box had the Big Sister title, which the game said was my log-in reward for yesterday, except yesterday the gift box only had the log-in reward for the day before, and so on..... if that makes any sense.

I was thinking that too, but it's actually telling you what you get Tomorrow. It says that it's part of Tomorrow's Reward, they just did a poor job seperating things.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Do push notifications for raid bosses actually work correctly for anyone? I'll get maybe one a day when I'm nowhere near my ipad. I'd love to jump on and grab some extra lux when bosses are available but I never get the notification.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

I think you only get them for Omega Raid Bosses.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Klungar posted:

I think you only get them for Omega Raid Bosses.

this is correct

they really should notify people past level 25 on normals, thats about the point where its not oneshottable at current power levels

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Rafza posted:

how

my duder you are up there in levels and lux gained how are you only able to rep tinkerbell

e: i wish i could xfer google play credit, get you a ten pack or something

J-Spot posted:

Unless we have more than one HGH you have a 15 hit maxed out Stitch medal showing in your profile that I'd happily use.
Well it's more like I look at what's being shared and get discouraged. I mean, I'm not outdoing those maxed Goofy and Yuna medals, and now there's both a great AoE green medal and a really good Tifa one for single targets.
I figured everyone would have a Stitch since it's so common but I'll put it up if it helps.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I discovered that once you max a Medal on the Level Up screen, you don't have to go back, and select it again to Evolve it. You can just tap it on the Level Up screen, and you'll get the option to Evolve.

Some of you probably already knew this, but if you're a filthy casual like me, you might not have.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

My pull from the daily one:

Reds
5 Star Ansem [the red cloth face guy] [edit: his name is DiZ]
3 star dark Riku
3 star Cloud
5 star goofy w/o shield [a]
5 star Goofy with shield [version b]
4 star valor form Sora

Blues
5 Star v. angry Donald [ver b]
5 Star Squall [ver a]
5 Star Tinkerbell

Green
3 Star Stitch

Which of these are any good?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

KittyEmpress posted:

My pull from the daily one:

Reds
5 Star Ansem [the red cloth face guy] [edit: his name is DiZ]
3 star dark Riku
3 star Cloud
5 star goofy w/o shield [a]
5 star Goofy with shield [version b]
4 star valor form Sora

Blues
5 Star v. angry Donald [ver b]
5 Star Squall [ver a]
5 Star Tinkerbell

Green
3 Star Stitch

Which of these are any good?

DiZ is a good buff, black coat Riku is good, Cloud is good. Valor form Sora is dependent on poison to be really strong, and is a bit too costly.

B Donald is good since he's cheap to use, same with Squall though there are better magic medals in the future.

Stitch is decent too for the time being, but you can replace him if you ever get Master form Sora.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Apr 23, 2016

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Ok so those "Buff damage for 2 attacks" medals? They're even worse than I thought, because the buff actually includes the attack being performed by the skill itself! What the heck kinda design is that?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So is the Big Deal 3,000 Jewels worth it? Or should I wait for another deal?

Daily Sweet isn't useful to me, as I'm nowhere near ready for Cids to drop cost on Medals, so I'd rather use that inventory space for Medals I can use.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Kheldarn posted:

Daily Sweet isn't useful to me, as I'm nowhere near ready for Cids to drop cost on Medals, so I'd rather use that inventory space for Medals I can use.
Daily Sweet guarantees an extra five star for the same price so even if you just sell the Cids away it's a better deal. Plus if you can get 5 Cid medals you can combine 4 into one 5 point medal to save space. If you know what medal you want to eventually make a 6 I think you could just use the Cids now and reap the benefits later.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Kheldarn posted:

If you're not hurting for good medals, I'd just sit on your jewels for awhile and wait for a deal with medals you're really interested in. I find that jewel pulls are worth it far more when you're at a point when you actually need them or have the means to buff them up fairly quickly.

HGH posted:

Ok so those "Buff damage for 2 attacks" medals? They're even worse than I thought, because the buff actually includes the attack being performed by the skill itself! What the heck kinda design is that?

god drat it, I wasted a lot of resources on those twilight town assholes then!

melodicwaffle fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Apr 23, 2016

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Going to delete/restart, and just wanted to confirm the state of the Parties in each Union, aside from Ursus potentially being vacated from. :v:

Basically, still wondering if we need one in any given Union, but considering how things are, seems that Anguis and Vulpis are fine, and I don't see many choosing Leopard or Unicorn, I'm assuming we're all good.

Any general advice aside from "save for 10pull" and "don't waste Jewels"?

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

I think I've found I enjoy this game enough that I'm looking to join a party - if there's any room in a Vulpis one left, I'm 257352. Come help me murder enormous behemoths as I endlessly grind the event, clearly. Using a 5* KH Sora A as my friend medal because it's pretty decent, but I'll probably swap to one of KH Cloud/Stitch/Limit Sora once I grind them up more.

Presently I'm sitting on about 4k jewels. I'm leaning towards doing the 10-pull daily deal, as while I have decent medals presently, I'm lacking any of the good buffers (Aerith/DiZ/Vivi) and frankly my magic medals feel like trash overall; I've got Auron and Master Form Sora and that's about it of note.

Also, a note about Cids - they can't be used on sub-6* medals.

HGH posted:

drat, really? Could have sworn I saw the buff icon before I did the second attack after them. If this is the case I'll just drop that garbage ASAP (except Olette because oh god seriously I'm using a Tinkerbell because I don't have anything better)

e: just tested it, HGH is absolutely right. Also, did the 10-pull; reasonably good haul (4 5*s, including two decent magic ones), even if I didn't get any of the good buff medals.

Ayndin fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 24, 2016

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She's hackin' and wackin' and smackin'
She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

The Dickbutt party on Anguis, has to be goon-run, right?

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Actually I believe Taxeom is the only party on Anguis right now, but I could be wrong.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Ayndin posted:

I think I've found I enjoy this game enough that I'm looking to join a party - if there's any room in a Vulpis one left, I'm 257352. Come help me murder enormous behemoths as I endlessly grind the event, clearly. Using a 5* KH Sora A as my friend medal because it's pretty decent, but I'll probably swap to one of KH Cloud/Stitch/Limit Sora once I grind them up more.

I sent you an invite.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Allarion posted:

I sent you an invite.

Got it, thanks.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

LizzieBorden posted:

The Dickbutt party on Anguis, has to be goon-run, right?

More likely imgur/reddit.

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

In that case, if there's room free on Taxeom I'd like to join, my ID is 1069791.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Are these extreme proud quests a joke, I don't understand what I'm supposed to do. Most of my attacks do 1 damage since they have so much defense.
Timeless Mickey better be really worth it.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Does it really matter what faction I choose? or is it just there for PvP nonsense later?

Nomadic Scholar fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Apr 25, 2016

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I really want Timeless Mickey but I get oneshotted on those upper level missions. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Even at ~50k power on, say, blue medals against red medals, without Defense Boost Procs I get 1-shot and cannot 1-shot in return. I feel like you need to spend jewels to clear it which is really, really bad design.

Alternatively, maybe this is where status are supposed to come into play...

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Apr 25, 2016