Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Well, I finished the king mickey boards yesterday. Now to wait five years to get to stage 130 because I didn't rush to 200 like an efficient player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

^^^you might want to run 57 to pop (I believe) guard armors, one every three runs - sure they'll be crap to start, but after a while they'll get the lux train back on track.

I'm looking at clearing the Speed one as my Treasure Trove is pretty good (mostly due to KH Cloud, who does decent damage even on their ridiculous defense), though I could give Speed a shot as I've got plenty of strong ST there. Everyone says that poison is useful for this though, but since status only applies when you do a normal tap attack it's kind of hard to pick who to give it to. I've been considering Beast as most of the time you don't want to use his special anyway, but Tinkerbell (my only decent healing medal) is another possibility. Was thinking I'd give her my defense boost, though - I don't have any of the good buff medals or Minnie so there's not really many other good picks right now. Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions?

e: yeah I'm just going ahead and putting Poison on Beast and Defense Boost on Tinkerbell; I have a spare Beast so there's no harm in feeding him off, and I'll want her for harder content anyway so it makes sense for her to get the defense boost. Best if I get this all sorted out before I lose access to the skill up dungeon.

Ayndin fucked around with this message at 20:08 on May 1, 2016

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
It was really easy to tell people were cheating because they were breaking the level cap (which happens when you get too much lux, the game freaks out and jumps over the cap), and they had all 3/4* medals.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

Ayndin posted:

I'm looking at clearing the Speed one as my Treasure Trove is pretty good (mostly due to KH Cloud, who does decent damage even on their ridiculous defense), though I could give Speed a shot as I've got plenty of strong ST there. Everyone says that poison is useful for this though, but since status only applies when you do a normal tap attack it's kind of hard to pick who to give it to. I've been considering Beast as most of the time you don't want to use his special anyway, but Tinkerbell (my only decent healing medal) is another possibility. Was thinking I'd give her my defense boost, though - I don't have any of the good buff medals or Minnie so there's not really many other good picks right now. Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions?

e: yeah I'm just going ahead and putting Poison on Beast and Defense Boost on Tinkerbell; I have a spare Beast so there's no harm in feeding him off, and I'll want her for harder content anyway so it makes sense for her to get the defense boost. Best if I get this all sorted out before I lose access to the skill up dungeon.

I'm glad you said that bit about status effects only occurring on tapping, because I was about to throw poison on my 24% Guilted Stitch, and that would've been a disaster. Think I'll follow your lead and throw it on my KH2 Yuffie (my filler 5* medal that I've been using). Gonna wait and see if the Zootopia medals actually do drop tomorrow, and if so, spend some jewels and try to get Judy/Nick (+2 atk boost at 3 cost green medal/+1 atk boost at 1 cost red medal) and potentially throw defense boost on one of them. Otherwise, I'll throw it on KH2 Aerith. There's almost no situation I foresee that I wouldn't use an attack boost medal, so I figure it's a good investment.

I'm still trying to figure out what medal I plan to use long-term between Tidus (6* 12% guilted) and KH Sora Ver. A (6* 12% guilted). Can't afford to use both of them along with Stitch right now.

Tangential edit: Can I just say how weird it is having a Level 1 Guard Armor that I can demolish now instead of that ungodly level 38 monstrosity? Because it feels weird.

FeralWraith fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 1, 2016

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

FeralWraith posted:

Gonna wait and see if the Zootopia medals actually do show up tomorrow

I don't think so. I think they're coming to the JP version tomorrow. I'm basing this on the fact that the medals shown were from the JP version, but I could be wrong...

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

FeralWraith posted:

Tangential edit: Can I just say how weird it is having a Level 1 Guard Armor that I can demolish now instead of that ungodly level 38 monstrosity? Because it feels weird.

It is weird. I miss you spawning ridiculous atrocities with four health bars per limb already.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!

FeralWraith posted:

I'm still trying to figure out what medal I plan to use long-term between Tidus (6* 12% guilted) and KH Sora Ver. A (6* 12% guilted). Can't afford to use both of them along with Stitch right now
I have a 20% Sora ver. A that I've been using alongside Stitch and he's been a monster so far.
I'm not sure how Tidus's special attack is at 6*. But I'm loving Sora.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

SereneCrimson posted:

I have a 20% Sora ver. A that I've been using alongside Stitch and he's been a monster so far.
I'm not sure how Tidus's special attack is at 6*. But I'm loving Sora.

I did some napkin math comparing a farmable medal and a premium medal with the same skill the other day. The conclusion I came up with is despite the better medal's 400-500 point attack lead, the pips and guilt will make it such that the farmable will do slightly more damage with its special even with a minimal guilt roll, and if you have a good roll it'll be much more clearly ahead. In short, don't poo poo on farmables; for where we are in the game they're quite useful.

Tidus seems pretty similar to Selphie, and she does good work at 6*, so he's probably a decent pick if you need cheap, light speed AoE. I've got a KH Sora B so I feel like I'm covered there, but I don't think working on guilting a set of farmables is a waste of time if you don't have anything else to do with your AP.

Also, edit re: Zootopia - I'd heard that these were going to be ranking medals, so with our ranking stuff suspended for the time being I don't know what's going to happen with them. It'd be real nice if they just gave them to everyone, but frankly they're both excellent medals (like, probably better than DiZ/Aerith/Vivi) so I don't see that happening.

Ayndin fucked around with this message at 01:42 on May 2, 2016

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
One event ends, a new event full of raiding begins! Zootopia is here!

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Ugh. I was actually going to buy that Judy Hopps board, until I found out they changed it for the NA release. (2 tiers of attack up in JP, 1 tier in NA) I heard that the Nick Wilde one also got nerfed from the JP one.
That's disappointing. But saves me jewels. I'll just keep using Aerith/Diz/Vivi.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

SereneCrimson posted:

Ugh. I was actually going to buy that Judy Hopps board, until I found out they changed it for the NA release. (2 tiers of attack up in JP, 1 tier in NA) I heard that the Nick Wilde one also got nerfed from the JP one.
That's disappointing. But saves me jewels. I'll just keep using Aerith/Diz/Vivi.

Yeah, I was seriously considering getting Nick as I have yet to pull one of the buff medals, but the nerfs make them not really much better than Aerith/Diz/Vivi. They also come as 6*s, so it makes it a pain in the rear end to fit them in on top of that.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Why would they nerf brand new medals???

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So I'm not quite sure how this event works. Do Queen Bees only spawn through doing the event quest, separately from how other raid bosses are spawned? So you just have to do the one quest over and over hoping to spawn it?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Yeah the Nick Medal kind of blows since its basically a DiZ, but it does come in at six stars, and the board itself comes with some goodies; cid medals, attack up 1x2 medals, and chip/dales

basically if you don't have a DiZ or an Aerith, it's there

e: Nick/Judy are AOE buff versions of DiZ/Aerith, making them stronger.

i lied, im not sure how i got attack up 2 medal but i didnt get it from nick board

HGH; Raid boss spawns around every 3 egg kills, map has a chance to spawn a second encounter containing 2 eggs.

My first Omega Queen Bee gave me nearly 500 event coins.

Reg QB level1: 120
Reg QB level2: 132
Reg QB level3: 125
Reg QB level4: 135
Reg QB level5: 129

It appears to randomize between 120-140 for reg QB.

Basically everyone should be doing the event missions with your AP, the more people doing it the more likely we are to get higher leveled bosses for coins!

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 16:16 on May 2, 2016

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
There are multiple dudes in Noxog who are nearing the week+ of not logging in

Are any other Vulpes goon groups low on active players? Might be time to consolidate

I can remove 5 people, 3 of which are nearing the 2 week point of not playing

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Rafza posted:

There are multiple dudes in Noxog who are nearing the week+ of not logging in

Are any other Vulpes goon groups low on active players? Might be time to consolidate

I can remove 5 people, 3 of which are nearing the 2 week point of not playing

I've been trying to figure out if I can leave the Party (since my love of the Kingdom Hearts series is clearly not enough to overcome my distaste for gatcha games), but I haven't been able to find any concrete information about whether or not that will dissolve the party, since even though we are both admins, I still have the special Owner star or whatever. Any clue if I can safely leave?

e: Nevermind, found the Change Party Leader option, so that's you now. Good luck Noxog, good luck getting that other half of Xehanort!

Klungar fucked around with this message at 15:05 on May 2, 2016

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Klungar posted:

I've been trying to figure out if I can leave the Party (since my love of the Kingdom Hearts series is clearly not enough to overcome my distaste for gatcha games), but I haven't been able to find any concrete information about whether or not that will dissolve the party, since even though we are both admins, I still have the special Owner star or whatever. Any clue if I can safely leave?

e: Nevermind, found the Change Party Leader option, so that's you now. Good luck Noxog, good luck getting that other half of Xehanort!

Got it, thanks! Take care.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
Aghhhh why are the medals on the loving IAP board that is such bullshit!

I'm even more annoyed because the Nick board has a skill medal that gives "Attack Boost All I" which is necessary for quest objectives so I kinda want it and I haven't seen anyone else have it before now but no way am I throwing money as this game. Fun though it is, nah.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Where's my treasure planet medals

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Aghhhh why are the medals on the loving IAP board that is such bullshit!

I'm even more annoyed because the Nick board has a skill medal that gives "Attack Boost All I" which is necessary for quest objectives so I kinda want it and I haven't seen anyone else have it before now but no way am I throwing money as this game. Fun though it is, nah.

give in to the gatcha

become the whale you always wanted to be

there's not a whole lot of games coming out that i'm super excited about since dark souls 3 so basically my dumb entertainment budget has been going to this and im okay with it

Tremendous Taste posted:

Where's my treasure planet medals

in the trash bin at SE HQ

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

SereneCrimson posted:

Ugh. I'm giving it a day or two for them to fix it if it's in error. Otherwise, guess I'm saving some money this go-around.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
:siren: Munny medal event is still half AP :siren:

If you're poor (in-game) then get on it before the tier 3 mission gets jacked up to 30 AP per go.

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.

Rafza posted:

Yeah the Nick Medal kind of blows since its basically a DiZ, but it does come in at six stars, and the board itself comes with some goodies; cid medals, attack up 1x2 medals, and chip/dales

basically if you don't have a DiZ or an Aerith, it's there

e: Nick/Judy are AOE buff versions of DiZ/Aerith, making them stronger.

i lied, im not sure how i got attack up 2 medal but i didnt get it from nick board

HGH; Raid boss spawns around every 3 egg kills, map has a chance to spawn a second encounter containing 2 eggs.

My first Omega Queen Bee gave me nearly 500 event coins.

Reg QB level1: 120
Reg QB level2: 132
Reg QB level3: 125
Reg QB level4: 135
Reg QB level5: 129

It appears to randomize between 120-140 for reg QB.

Basically everyone should be doing the event missions with your AP, the more people doing it the more likely we are to get higher leveled bosses for coins!

I'll be up to a lvl 10 Queen Bee in about 10 mins. Probably going to need a 20+ before I stop one shotting it. I wish there was a take no action option sometimes.

e: NVM a lvl 9 when I have a low level donald as my friend medal and avoiding the stun spot does it.

fallin1 fucked around with this message at 18:22 on May 2, 2016

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
Okay I give in, I want in to the goon group if possible. So if I change unions, can I get into the group immediately or is there some bullshit wait period?

ID 843502 when I get a reply to that question and if there can be space.

EDIT: NVM I found you guys! Yay. Just sent a request. I'm Scarlet on there.

ExtrudeAlongCurve fucked around with this message at 18:31 on May 2, 2016

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

fallin1 posted:

I'll be up to a lvl 10 Queen Bee in about 10 mins. Probably going to need a 20+ before I stop one shotting it. I wish there was a take no action option sometimes.

e: NVM a lvl 9 when I have a low level donald as my friend medal and avoiding the stun spot does it.

If you remove all the medals from your Olympus keyblade I think that would give you a pretty good shot at not 1-turning it.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

Okay I give in, I want in to the goon group if possible. So if I change unions, can I get into the group immediately or is there some bullshit wait period?

ID 843502 when I get a reply to that question and if there can be space.

EDIT: NVM I found you guys! Yay. Just sent a request. I'm Scarlet on there.

Got you.

I'm going to prune the 7+ day inactives in Noxog throughout this afternoon if anyone else wants to jumpship to the winning side.

fallin1 posted:

I'm up to 10 right now, about to spawn 11, so far medals seem to be consistent.

Gotta say, I like this event a hell of a lot more than the King Mickey one

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.
Omega Bees give around 400 event medals btw. I got about 300 for hosting and MVPing one. I assume you'd get around 150 for killing all parts as well.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

How does the Queen Bee spawn? Is it just random after doing that even quest? I fought the Omega Queen Bee and got like 800 medals it owned

And I guess she's more likely to show up between 7-8:59pm or something EDIT: Pacific Time so I guess 10-11:59pm Eastern

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

How does the Queen Bee spawn? Is it just random after doing that even quest? I fought the Omega Queen Bee and got like 800 medals it owned

And I guess she's more likely to show up between 7-8:59pm or something EDIT: Pacific Time so I guess 10-11:59pm Eastern

It spawns after 3 eggs are killed. Sometimes, the map has a chance of spawning an extra 2 eggs so instant raid right there. Already almost done clearing out the first zootopia board since I still get level ups.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
So far, best bet on the bee boss is to do story 57 twice and then the event once. It takes 75 heartless kills to spawn a raid boss, and the eggs in the event apparently count as 25 kills each, but I've only seen the extra pack of two spawn once so far. So it comes down to either 29 AP for one boss or anywhere from 15 to 45 for just doing the event.

I want to say that the Omega spawns more frequently at the appointed time, but we'll have to wait for tonight to see.

Ashye
Jul 29, 2013

Just transfered from whatever union I randomly picked so I can party on with goonfolk.

ID is 1073313, Ingame name is the same.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

I know this is bad for ~~~goon solidarity~~~ or whatever but are there any parties in fox-land that have open spots? the bear guild is kinda dying

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I know this is bad for ~~~goon solidarity~~~ or whatever but are there any parties in fox-land that have open spots? the bear guild is kinda dying

I think both fox goon parties can clear out people. I just haven't completely, since a couple of them are sharing useful medals.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 2, 2016

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Ashye posted:

Just transfered from whatever union I randomly picked so I can party on with goonfolk.

ID is 1073313, Ingame name is the same.

Sent you an invite

Ashye
Jul 29, 2013

Allarion posted:

Sent you an invite

Got it! Now I can get carried to riches :D

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Ayndin is part of the reason I was able to finish all them Mickey boards as fast as I had. Thanks for that, your cloud is ridiculous. But yeah, we've got shared medals for most of your needs.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok wait, how do I get the new AoE bunny Aerith? What's her name?

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok wait, how do I get the new AoE bunny Aerith? What's her name?

officer judy hopps you loving plebian

Quarter Past Ten
Jan 17, 2012

When will my reflection show
Who I am inside?
This new raid event is insane. I gained 30 levels within the past hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Quarter Past Ten posted:

This new raid event is insane. I gained 30 levels within the past hour.

yeah seriously this is loving absurd