Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also if anyone hasn’t seen it and was curious, somebody did a full translated playthrough of the browser game a while back which can be found here:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhcSrKyqhfh5gWWmRv4rISACTyrZbPPsS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Another story update came out today, this time featuring a new world based on Wreck-It Ralph as well as a new Keyblade to go with it (and looking at the Japanese releases we're probably going to be here for a good while).

Speaking of which, has there been any word from Square yet regarding how much longer it’ll be before the story mode of Union Cross is actually finished?

On another note, I appreciate that they're finally making some story bosses that can't just be wiped out in a single hit.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jul 25, 2019

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

The story mode won’t finish. It’s going to be the only KH content for years, and as long as they can keep making a profit they’ll stretch it out.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

A couple of letters for us today.

Letter from the Dev Team (Sep. 2019)

A Letter from the Director

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
An update I know that is coming eventually is Android 10 support.

Game doesn't even load on Android 10. Not forsaking security updates for one game.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I’m sure we won’t be seeing those story updates in October. Hell, after finally getting to Wreck-It Ralph we skipped August’s story update.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Well, today's update made it work on Android 10 again.

About as much as I expected. Not sure if there's anything new besides android 10 support.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

IAmTheRad posted:

Well, today's update made it work on Android 10 again.

About as much as I expected. Not sure if there's anything new besides android 10 support.

They also added a Moogle Shop where you can buy Gems, attack upgrades for medals as well as probably a few other things. There’s also 5 new story missions as well as a few extra missions for the Keyblade War Event (which was the final chapter of the original browser game this is a remake/sequel to).

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

OK, question: Why is my 7* HD Xion Copy Medal only doing 1 damage, while the Medal it's copying (Supernova+ - Invi) does normal damage? This is on my +5 Bad Guy Breaker against the Gold Hammerframe in the 3rd quest for Event Coins Galore.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, I’ve noticed that too. Outside of the story I get into situations where my medals are suddenly just doing one damage to enemies but their Supernova attacks still work. There’s also an annoying thing where there are some enemies that reflect damage from certain medals back at you (which usually one shots me even with a medal with a high Defense Boost skill attached equipped) but when I try equipping only medals not of that type suddenly I’m back to just doing one damage again.

Is there some way to debuff enemies thereby negating all this crap and making them take normal damage again? Because currently certain missions are literally impossible to complete without this.

Also I’ve noticed that Second Chance is a skill you can get in this game (though it doesn’t seem to stack if you equip more than one medal with that particular skill attached) so I was curious if Once More was in there somewhere as well.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
If enemy defense is higher than your medal's attack, you will only do 1 damage. Supernovas have built-in enemy ground/air def -60% which make them more likely to consistently deal damage. Copy medals generally have fairly low base strength, so you need a bunch of buffs and debuffs to make them viable against certain enemies.

EDIT: There are a number of medals that buff strength multipliers (upright/reverse/power/speed/magic etc) up to a certain cap (+14 without Pet additions?) and debuff enemy def the same way. KH3 Kairi A and the equivalent Xion are still the top-tier all-round de/buffers. Medals that buff medal base strength are a more recent addition, e.g. Ultimate Form Sora or SN+ Gula.

LordMune fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Oct 3, 2019

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

LordMune posted:

If enemy defense is higher than your medal's attack, you will only do 1 damage. Supernovas have built-in enemy ground/air def -60% which make them more likely to consistently deal damage. Copy medals generally have fairly low base strength, so you need a bunch of buffs and debuffs to make them viable against certain enemies.

How can you tell what an enemy’s defense level is? Also are there certain medals that can naturally debuff enemies when used or do you need to attach specific traits to your current medals to make them more effective (and since you can now buy certain traits via the Moogle Shop what would you recommend)?

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Updated my post with more info. As traits go, extra attack is fantastic on most buffer medals and def-60% (of some kind) is absolutely critical on your damage dealers.

I'd focus on pulling some good medals before spending money on traits in the Moogle shop, though. Fusing a medal to another of exactly the same type will roll a random trait and you can get lucky, in the Moogle shop you pay a hefty premium for certainty - consider it a last resort to finish up an otherwise perfect medal.

EDIT: there's no way of telling an enemy's defense beyond eyeballing their level and seeing if your attacks do any damage or not.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Thanks, and out of curiosity is there a way to negate (or at least reduce the damage from) counterattacks like the enemies I mentioned that reflect attacks from certain medal types?

Because like I mentioned, outside of Story missions more often then not I just get one shot the second an enemy attacks in spite of any buffs I might currently have at that point (and outside of missions that let you spend jewels in order to come back you can only revive yourself twice as far as I can tell, once if your Spirit has an HP Recovery skill equipped and again if you happen to have a medal with Second Chance attached).

Also if you have more than one medal with a Defense Boost skill equipped do they stack at all?

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

There's no way to negate reflected damage AFAIK, you just have to try again with a different medal setup.

Defense Boost Max skills don't stack (highest tier takes priority), but IIRC non-max skills roll individually on each attack received (so if you have two different ones in your deck, one might fail but the other kick in on any given attack).

:justpost: or DM me about your keyblade loadouts and best medals, maybe some changes in composition would help you out (though the answer might turn out to be "spend more money"). I've accumulated a wealth of knowledge about this stupid game and might as well share... Going to bed now though!

EDIT: Getting one-shot in non-story content is the norm though. It's all about defeating the enemy within the 1 to 2 revives you have.

LordMune fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Oct 3, 2019

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

This is the setup I primarily use, all medals are fully evolved and leveled up already with their ATK and DEF boosted as high as I could get them:

Level: 309
Keyblade: Treasure Trove +35.9
HP: 10110
ATK: 478048
DEF: 111429
Gauge: 19

Slot 1: SN-KHIII Kairi A w/ Defense Boost VI
Slot 2: Supernova-HD Xion w/ Attack Boost X Max
Slot 3: SN+-KHIII Youth in White w/ Second Chance IV
Slot 4: SN+-KHIII Master Xehanort w/ ATK B VIII Max & GA 2
Slot 5: SN-KHIII Buzz Lightyear w/ ATK B IX Max & GA 2
Spirit: SN+-KHIII Zeus w/ the same skill as Buzz.

So yeah, mostly Power types it would seem.

As for traits I currently have:

Kairi: Extra Attack 40% Power, two STR+1000, Poison Resist 20%, DEF+2000, Max HP+1000
Xion: Ground Enemy DEF -60%, two Max HP +800, STR+1000, STR+400
Youth: Max Gauges+2, Sleep Resist 20%, STR+100.
Xehanort: Max HP+1000
Buzz: STR+500
Zeus: Aerial Enemy DEF -60%, Ground Enemy DEF -60%, Extra Attack: 40% Power, two DEF+2000, Max HP +700

Keyblade Traits (not sure if this matters though):

Extra Attack: Slots 1,6
STR: Slots 1,2,3,5
DEF: +6000
Ground Enemy DEF: Slots 2,6
Aerial Enemy DEF: Slot 6
Max Gauges: +2
Max HP: +4300
Poison Resist: 20%
Sleep Resist: 20%

Passive effects are a bunch of STR+50’s for various medal types.

My Spirit is Rank 13 with the following tricks:

Steal III
Blast III
Combo I
Esuna I
HP Recovery I
P Attack Boost II
S Attack Boost II
M Attack Boost II
Poison Boost I
Paralysis Boost I
Sleep Boost I

Any suggestions/changes/other medals I should try?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Larryb posted:

Also I’ve noticed that Second Chance is a skill you can get in this game (though it doesn’t seem to stack if you equip more than one medal with that particular skill attached) so I was curious if Once More was in there somewhere as well.

No, but if you get your Pet to a high enough Rank with the 6 Medals you can put on it, it will get a pseudo Second Chance, and revive you with 1 HP, thus letting you revive twice in one battle. I always have a medal with Second Chance in my Pet Slot

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

No, but if you get your Pet to a high enough Rank with the 6 Medals you can put on it, it will get a pseudo Second Chance, and revive you with 1 HP, thus letting you revive twice in one battle. I always have a medal with Second Chance in my Pet Slot

What Rank does your Pet need to be in order to unlock this?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Larryb posted:

What Rank does your Pet need to be in order to unlock this?

I just checked KHUX Wiki, and it says HP Recovery I comes at Rank 5.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

I just checked KHUX Wiki, and it says HP Recovery I comes at Rank 5.

Ah, I’ve already got that then. Is there an HP Recovery II and up at higher ranks?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Larryb posted:

Ah, I’ve already got that then. Is there an HP Recovery II and up at higher ranks?

My Pet is at Rank 13, and still only has HP Recivery I, so I guess there's not. Rank 15 is currently as high as it goes, and Rank 14 gives Blast IV, and 15 gives Combo II.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Larryb posted:

Level: 309
Keyblade: Treasure Trove +35.9
HP: 10110
ATK: 478048
DEF: 111429
Gauge: 19

Slot 1: SN-KHIII Kairi A w/ Defense Boost VI
Slot 2: Supernova-HD Xion w/ Attack Boost X Max
Slot 3: SN+-KHIII Youth in White w/ Second Chance IV
Slot 4: SN+-KHIII Master Xehanort w/ ATK B VIII Max & GA 2
Slot 5: SN-KHIII Buzz Lightyear w/ ATK B IX Max & GA 2
Spirit: SN+-KHIII Zeus w/ the same skill as Buzz.

What's your subslot situation/what are your keyblade slot multipliers?

The things that immediately jump out at me are:

* Xion's buffing is already covered by Kairi. Replace her with a damage-dealer.

* Youth in White is kind of wasted on Second Chance, with an ATK B he could do ok damage in many situations. If you're mostly concerned with PvE content, I'd consider putting Second Chance on Kairi - Def Boost will rarely/never save you in higher-end content.

* Buzz is a good medal, but he's fallen off very hard in the last few months. I'd look to replace him with a 30k+ strength tier 9 or 10 medal ASAP.

* Same with Zeus.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Subslot is 43/120 (x1.6), Multipliers are +1.281, no useful Boosters attached currently. Also is Treasure Trove a decent Keyblade or should I start using something else instead?

What are some good medals to replace them with then? For example, Zeus took the place of the SN- KHIII Hiro medal I was previously using with ATK B IX Max & GA 2 and Youth in White used to be Illustrated KHII Sora & Riku EX with Attack Boost IX Max. Are either of those worth sticking back in my deck?

Also where might I find another Second Chance skill (and an Attack Boost X as I kind of don’t want to lose that one)?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Oct 4, 2019

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Larryb posted:

Subslot is 43/120 (x1.6), Multipliers are +1.281, no useful Boosters attached currently. Also is Treasure Trove a decent Keyblade or should I start using something else instead?
The current meta is single-attribute keyblades (of which Treasure Trove is one), so you need to be switching keyblades depending on the target enemy. I assume you do this and are just focusing on the Speed-attribute event quest targets, but just in case; Treasure Trove is not going to do much of anything to a Magic or Power-attribute enemy. Level up some other single-attribute keyblades (e.g. Lady Luck etc) so you can adapt to the situation. Used to be that the later/Proud Mode keyblades had better multipliers, but that's evened out as of late.

Larryb posted:

What are some good medals to replace them with then? For example, Zeus took the place of the SN- KHIII Hiro medal I was previously using with ATK B IX Max & GA 2 and Youth in White used to be Illustrated KHII Sora & Riku EX with Attack Boost IX Max. Are either of those worth sticking back in my deck?
Illustrated KHII Sora & Riku EX is a pretty decent medal when evolved to Supernova+! It's a Speed medal though, you should not be using that on Treasure Trove... Any time you're not utilizing a slot's attribute multiplier you're essentially wasting the slot. The exception being buffers like Kairi, Xion, and the latest Invi, who should always go first regardless of attribute. Zeus is primarily used for his Def Boost piercing in PvP, so if you can squeeze some more utility out of Hiro then Hiro might be worth a revisit.

Larryb posted:

Also where might I find another Second Chance skill (and an Attack Boost X as I kind of don’t want to lose that one)?
They frequently show up in paid Avatar Boards and as rewards for the top-thousand(s?) or so players in the PvE Coliseum.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Good to know, and I had actually been forgetting to switch out Keyblades (which is a habit of mine from the other games, once I find something I like I typically stick with it unless/until something stronger comes along) but I’ll try to start doing that a bit more.

Any other decent medals out there that might be worth a try?

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

The new Tier 10 medals, and many later Tier 9s, are all noticeable upgrades over your current setup; consider saving up some jewels and doing a 5-draw mercy ("guaranteed on fifth try") on some decent banner in the coming weeks, you're unlikely to go (much) wrong. Especially considering your subslot situation, since even "bad" Tier 8/9/10 medals will boost your keyblade multipliers at this point.

I think all banners are 10-draw mercies this week though.

(If you suspect you may already have some undiscovered diamonds in the rough, feel free to post a screenshot of the top of your medal list sorted by strength or something.)

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Didn’t know this thread was still sort of alive. I’m Asa in the goon guild.

My main complaint with the game is there is no rolling back on medal strength or abilities once in the game. So the devs can break the PVP but nothing really happens.

Old example: Anti-Aqua. She is still the only medal in the game with 100% reflect. Because of this, pvp became kind of hosed when you have keyblades with blue or primarily blue slots. Offense has the advantage right out of the gate going first since they can fire off Anti-Aqua and just absorb all that damage in the first and third rounds. It’s dumb!

New example: Dark Riku. Don’t know what they did, but they hosed up in such a way that this medal deals like, 3x damage of the rest of your medals combined. The defense break is only a 30% chance on hit, but he does like 8 hits and even procing it once hits for like 2 billion damage. You can have a totally poo poo medal loadout and still easily win by having one Dark Riku and maybe a copycat medal. So of course the whale pvp teams are just like four of them. (If you do the math, they spent so much drat money. 10 rolls to drop 1, at around $30 a roll... eesh)

Last complaint: I don’t like that they are keeping the Keyblade War story quests gated to everybody but high level players. The early missions are easy enough, but the ones they uploaded today are drat hard. And I’m strong enough to complete most of the super difficult optional challenges without an issue. It just seems unfair to players who are there for the story. At least YouTube exists...

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

The keyblade war quests don’t have an expiration date so I assume they’re permanent and you can work toward beating them over time.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Don’t have the means to take a screenshot currently but I’ll experiment a bit.

J-Spot posted:

The keyblade war quests don’t have an expiration date so I assume they’re permanent and you can work toward beating them over time.

Wait, the Keyblade War quests are gated off by level? Then again I’m at 309 currently and they were available to me at any rate.

Nice to see Chi’s finale finally get officially rereleased and translated in any case (especially seeing that Union Cross’s own ending is likely still a long ways off). Nightmare Chrithy was an absolute bitch though.

Also I’m glad they seem to have boosted enemy defense in the story mode as of late so you’re no longer just wiping out everything in one hit.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Larryb posted:

Wait, the Keyblade War quests are gated off by level? Then again I’m at 309 currently and they were available to me at any rate.

No, they’re not gated by level. I meant you’d work toward beating them by getting better medals and stronger keyblades.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

J-Spot posted:

No, they’re not gated by level. I meant you’d work toward beating them by getting better medals and stronger keyblades.

Ah ok, that makes sense. Speaking of medals, that Gula one you have has been pretty helpful as of late. How might I go about getting one of my own?

Edit: And speaking of the Keyblade War how do I actually hurt the Foretellers in the most recent update? Everything I do seems to just do one damage no matter what kind of medal I’m using.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Oct 4, 2019

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

You need really high strength medals + medals that add str to other medals. You also need someone with Second Chance cause you need all those turns to whittle it down. His defense all needs to be -15 to do anything with real effect too. A Kairi or Xion A with a second attack is probably the quickest way to get there.

There is a trick with +str medals where if you can run out the hit timer on enemies so they counterattack you before your turn ends, since you didn’t actually end your turn, the +str doesn’t reset and you can just add more +str on top of it. Works in the Foreteller fight, but even with doing that and getting my +str up to like 27000, still can’t bring enough damage in time. Probably because my Second Chance medal is poo poo and doesn’t hit and my strongest medal period (Invi)’s attack also doesn’t hit for some reason. I can get his health down to 520-ish, but I imagine the cutoff for the fight ending is going below 500.

Edit: Got him down to 499-ish and still not over so I don’t know :shrug:

Lava Lamp Goddess fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Oct 4, 2019

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Can you give me some examples of the kind of medals you’re talking about (I wound up just using a few Skip Tickets for now but I’ll give it another try legitimately later)?

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Sure! +strength medals are the big new thing in the game. They add a number of additional strength stats to the medals in your keyblade. They usually work for the specific color medal and if they are upright or whatever. A good example would be the KH3 Kairi B medal. It adds +500 strength on its turn to upright medals and +5000 strength on supernova. This compounded with other medals that add strength can make a huge difference. I’ll post a picture of my blue medal team that murders stuff once I get off my phone. If you build up enough extra strength, it works great even against off-color enemies.

Edit:

So in that line up, 4/6 medals add strength (everybody besides the top Kairi and Anti-Aqua). And notice I have extra attack traits on almost everyone. Extra attacks will cause those +str abilities to proc again. So my basic turn goes as this:

-Kairi A attacks x2, bringing defenses down to straight -15
-Hit Kairi B's supernova. str +5000
-Anti-Aqua attacks, she only exists on the team for damage as she's the best downturned blue I have
-Kairi B attacks x2 (+500 str for upright medals). str+6000
-KH3 Aqua attacks x2(+1500 str for blue medals). str+9000
-Invi attacks x2(+1500 str for blue medals) str+12000
-Ultimate Sora attacks x2 (+1500 str for upright medals) str+9000 since he's excluded from the blue medal +str ups. I use him for anchor because he does 3 hits that are very effective no matter enemy color.
I tend to do my supernovas before the very last turn. That way you can use everybody. Use Kairi A's last as she messes up buffs if she goes earlier.
Lots of options for friend pairing. An extra Kairi B is great, another Ultimate Sora, an Invi... Keep the +str train going.

As for where to get these medals, you get all the really good ones from banner pulls and occasionally weekly paid content. Unfortunately like most gacha games, power creep is real, so basically all medals that aren't supernova, outside of a few really specific copycat medals, are useless for actually using in your keyblades. Luckily they are adding supernova to a bunch of older medals, but you need 6 lvl7's to evolve and it just takes a while. And lvl7's add to your keyblade subslots, raising the multipliers. 90% of my box is just junk either waiting for possible upgrades or subslot fodder.

I recommend playing through the story mode and banking jewels till good banners show up. Look for those that are either decreasing cost or five pull mercies.

Lava Lamp Goddess fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Oct 4, 2019

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Sounds good, where might I find a KHIII Kairi B medal?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Larryb posted:

Speaking of medals, that Gula one you have has been pretty helpful as of late. How might I go about getting one of my own?
You'll have to wait for them to feature it in a banner. Right now they've got Invi and Ira banners up so I wouldn't be surprised if they do a Gula banner soon.

Larryb posted:

Sounds good, where might I find a KHIII Kairi B medal?

You'd also have to wait for this to be reprinted in a banner.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Does the Xion B medal that’s currently available have the same basic effect as the Kairi one in that case?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Larryb posted:

Does the Xion B medal that’s currently available have the same basic effect as the Kairi one in that case?

Sorry I missed this earlier. The speed KH Xion B that was recently available was not the same as Kairi B, but the magic KH Xion A is.

Also with this now being in a subforum people may be unlikely to check I'd recommend popping into our discord for discussion: https://discord.gg/jUEcUXa

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

New Meta Medal is coming. SN+ - KHIII Naminé

https://twitter.com/Daybreak_Town/status/1189864545814114305

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!