Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

As if PVP wasn’t broken enough already... Think I’m calling it quits with the meta. Once you use up all the free farmable story jewels, your pulls really dry up. And with one pull being around $30US, with most deals being in 10 pulls...

Yeah, maybe I’ll give Record Keeper a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

As if PVP wasn’t broken enough already... Think I’m calling it quits with the meta. Once you use up all the free farmable story jewels, your pulls really dry up. And with one pull being around $30US, with most deals being in 10 pulls...

Yeah, maybe I’ll give Record Keeper a shot.

FFRK is good. Dissida Final Fantasy Opera Omnia is better*, because they hand out Gems (premium currency) and Tickets (single pull currency) like candy. I blew almost all of my Tickets and Gems chasing Prompto when he came out a few weeks ago, and replensihed everything (and more!) in, like, a week.

* Full disclosure: I play FFBE, FFRK, DFFOO, and this.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Boy did the KHUX Twitter Team gently caress up today!

They announced that the SN+ KHIII Naminé Medal was back, and that the first draw was FREE. Many people spent 3,000 Jewels thinking the pull was free. So far, all they've done is delete the original tweet, post a new one without any mention of the first pull being free, and a couple of tweets about their stream. No acknowledgment of the wrong info in the previous tweet, or any compensation or anything has been tweeted. No idea if it came up in the stream...

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Some new information on the next mobile game Dark Road has been released:

https://www.dualshockers.com/kingdom-hearts-dark-road-mobile-xehanort-union-x/

It seems like it’s going to be an addon of sorts to UX and stars Eraqus and Xehanort.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

It's gonna be lovely Game Chain Of Memories, But This Time It's A Gacha!

No thanks.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Thank god, more Agrabah!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So I’m still trying to complete the Keyblade War event, what’s a good set of medals to use against Master Ira at the end? For that matter, any particular Keyblade I should be using for that fight?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jun 8, 2020

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Ideally, any of the Reverse Keyblades with recent Reverse medals, and Copy Medals copying those Reverse medals. In fact, just doing this worked for clearing it.

Xion has Extra Attack, and Lea has Air/Ground -60%, Extra Attack, and +4000 STR.

Basically, you can get away with using your best Copy Medal to copy the best Reverse Medal you can borrow from the Friend List, and use the Reverse Buffers you have to get back to +/-15, of course, making sure you have Second Chance on there as well. You have to 3 Turn him due to how he Counterattacks.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Thanks, unless I’ve missed something the game doesn’t really make this clear but how exactly can you tell the difference between a Reversed Medal and an Upright Medal just by looking?

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

The Hunter

The medal's actual color (not Attribute). You can sort your medals to show only Upright/Reverse with the Filter.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Larryb posted:

Thanks, unless I’ve missed something the game doesn’t really make this clear but how exactly can you tell the difference between a Reversed Medal and an Upright Medal just by looking?

Reverse Medals are the Dark, and Upright are Light. It's a really stupid naming thing they went with that makes no sense.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

Reverse Medals are the Dark, and Upright are Light. It's a really stupid naming thing they went with that makes no sense.

Ah that makes sense then, there was a filter option for it available all along and I just didn’t realize it.

Back to Ira, is there some way you can bait him into just using his Keyblade slash as opposed to his counterattack? The description says he uses it at 80% and 50% health but he definitely seems to pull it out more often than that.

Failing that, would it be possible to build up enough HP and/or defense boosts that you could just tank it?

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Nope. He only Counterattacks twice. If you're ending a turn without hitting his effective revenge values (where he Counterattacks), then you're not going to make it.

I'm pretty sure that even with +15 DEF Buffs and Defense Boost VI (Max), you still can't survive his attacks. Event enemies have basically been tuned so that turtling strategies can't/don't work. It's been this way for quite some time now. DEF Buffs only really see use in super specific fringe cases, and PvP (except not really). But really, with all of the recent medals coming with various buffs (besides the +Medal STR Buffs), the DEF Buff medals are basically useless, even in PvP.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

The really good thing about recent medals with +Medal Str buffs is that if they last for one turn, they will only go away when you switch to the Enemy’s Turn and then you get your following turn.

If there’s a counterattack because of a particular HP value gimmick or because of a revenge counter, you never actually end your turn, so all those +Medal Str buffs keep building and building, dealing more damage.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Anyway, we have a trailer for Dark Road:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=9mjNJdWR2xo

Seems to be a Chain of Memories style game starring Xehanort and Eraqus.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

They released a longer trailer that included more story stuff for Union-X. I haven’t played this in a while, I wanted to follow the story but it got to frustrating to try and keep up with. I might jump back in and only do story missions.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

They released a longer trailer that included more story stuff for Union-X. I haven’t played this in a while, I wanted to follow the story but it got to frustrating to try and keep up with. I might jump back in and only do story missions.

Yeah, just get some decent medals equipped and you shouldn't really have much of an issue with the story.

Speaking of which, have they said anything in regards to how much longer UX's story is going to last for? I'm willing to guess that the Wreck It Ralph world we're currently in will probably be the last Disney world in the game and things in the main story feel like they're starting to come to a head but we'll see I guess.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Larryb posted:

Yeah, just get some decent medals equipped and you shouldn't really have much of an issue with the story.

Speaking of which, have they said anything in regards to how much longer UX's story is going to last for? I'm willing to guess that the Wreck It Ralph world we're currently in will probably be the last Disney world in the game and things in the main story feel like they're starting to come to a head but we'll see I guess.

https://www.khinsider.com/news/KINGDOM-HEARTS-Union-X-enters-its-final-chapter-16998

quote:

Square Enix released a new video today detailing upcoming releases for the KINGDOM HEARTS series over the course of 2020. Included is a brief trailer for KINGDOM HEARTS Union X, with the following text overlaying the screen:

Trials that the five young leaders endure.
The chosen leader, Stelitzia, has vanished.
Who is the culprit?
Was it all a part of the Master's plan, or was it a plot by the Darkness?
The door to the Union Leaders' Final Chapter has opened.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Makes sense, it felt like we were getting close to the end. Well as long as they don’t pull any bullshit in the main story like they have in the Event missions (particularly the back half of the Keyblade War) things should be fine.

I am sort of curious how this all is going to end though as we’ve gone far past what was presented by the original browser game UX is technically a remake of/sequel to.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The next game seems like it would also be a good candidate for Mobile...

https://twitter.com/CBR/status/1272943898629943298

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6_PF9DUP6E

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also it’s looking like Dark Road will release worldwide this Monday.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jun 22, 2020

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So is Dark Road something you have to download separately from the App Store or will it be included with the main game via an update?

Also if it’s out and anyone tried it yet, how is it?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

It’s an update to the main game.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

It’s an update to the main game.

Specifically an update you have to download from the App Store. Also it’s officially out now if anyone was curious.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Any advice on medals for beating the Cy-Bigs on Quest 890?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Decided to reinstall after years, are any of the old medals still viable or is there power creep

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
It's basically Power Creep: The Game, so...

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

This game was never particularly simple but it seems so busy now

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The power creep is mostly limited to the non-Story missions but they have fixed things so enemies in the later chapters won’t just die in one hit like before.

Off the subject, sometimes when I play PVP I notice that some players can reflect damage back at me just like certain bosses can. Out of curiosity, how can I get this ability?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Larryb posted:

Off the subject, sometimes when I play PVP I notice that some players can reflect damage back at me just like certain bosses can. Out of curiosity, how can I get this ability?

Reflect Medals, like SN - KH III Anti-Aqua

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The second chapter of Dark Road is out and it seems the end of the previous episode was just a glimpse of the future as all your party members are alive and well. Also we finally meet some Disney characters this time around.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Has anyone else been experiencing a lot of crashes? Pretty much any time I try to play any Events, like Loudmouth Parade one, the game crashes every time I try to start it. Tried about five times now with zero luck.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Are you on Android, and did you update to Android 11? There have been (as usual) occasional issues with a new version of Android and playing UXDR.

If it isn't that, then I'm not sure what it could be.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Volfogg posted:

Are you on Android, and did you update to Android 11? There have been (as usual) occasional issues with a new version of Android and playing UXDR.

If it isn't that, then I'm not sure what it could be.
No, not on Android 11, I'm using an iPad. It's a new issue, only been about a week or so. Thought maybe if I waited a bit it might somehow resolve itself. I was just wondering if other people have been dealing with these issues too.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Seems UX will finally be coming to a close this year:

http://api.sp.kingdomhearts.com/information/detail/75152

Having an offline version is fine but I’m not sure why they’re removing the actual gameplay parts from it though.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Was it obvious that it was dying or did they actually finish the plot and decide to shutter the game with it?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

HGH posted:

Was it obvious that it was dying or did they actually finish the plot and decide to shutter the game with it?

No they fully plan on finishing the story, it was announced a while back that the game was entering its final stages but now we actually have a timetable for it.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Larryb posted:

Seems UX will finally be coming to a close this year:

http://api.sp.kingdomhearts.com/information/detail/75152

Having an offline version is fine but I'm not sure why they're removing the actual gameplay parts from it though.

Yeah. I knew I'd probably be making this post at some point, but you never think about when you will until it happens.

So, as you can see, Kingdom Hearts Union Cross Dark Road will finally be coming to an end for the Global Server on May 30th at 6 PM Pacific Time. Apparently, the game will also be coming to an end one month sooner on the Japanese server at the end of April.

It really has been quite a ride, these past five years. I still remember back when we were all complaining about the lack of Fantasia Mickey Bs to actually be able to Guilt medals outside of pulling for multiples of them back in the Tier 3-5 Meta, and when Fairy Stars was THE Keyblade of choice before the Proud Mode Keyblades came back in style in a big way when the Subslots came into the picture. Then, of course, one of the biggest gently caress Yous in terms of banners and instant power creep in the form of the original Tier 9 Supernova+ Terra/Ventus/Aqua Medals and the Trio Medal that you got for getting all three and getting 5 Traits on each.

I still have that medal sitting in my Medal List, unused for so long thanks to how all the Tier 10s basically invalidated them not too long after. To say nothing of the power boost with the SN++ Medals.

But all in all, these past few years have been something alright. And hey, they only ever got $25 out of me over the game's entire run (One early $15 VIP with the Super EXP/Boost/Material Medal Quest , and the two $5 Black Friday/Cyber Monday Week VIPs).

So, end of life procedures for the game. Of course, you can read the Notices for the details of all of this, but here's the simple gist of what we do know:

- KHUXDR will be ceasing online service on May 30th. An Offline Version of the app is already being worked on, and the Union Cross side will be ready after the Final Maintenance on May 30th. Dark Road's Offline will be available at a later date.
- We will be getting the final chapters of the story, and the Proud Mode versions of those Chapters as well. No dates have been given, but notices will go up immediately upon their release, as usual.
- PvP and PvE Coliseum will continue through the end of service. The final month's PvE rewards won't really be obtainable due to End of Service Maintenance.
- There will be one Final Union Cross starting on March 1st through the end of service.
- Weekly Raid Bosses will still continue through the end of service.

Of more immediate impact:

- You can no longer purchase Jewels with money. There will be no more Weekly VIP.
- The "Improved Traits" are now purchasable in the Moogle Shop for 100 Jewels each.
- All of the Upgrade Gems are purchasable in the Moogle Shop as well. 10 Gems for 100 Jewels, 100 Gems for 1000 Jewels.
- The highest levels of Skill Medals are also purchasable in the Moogle Shop for 100 Jewels each.
- Even Tier 10 Subslot Medals are now in the Moogle Shop for 10 Jewels each.
- Limited VIP Boards will end on March 7th.
- Spirit Training Campaign will be in effect until the game's shutdown.

There are three new banners added:

- A final Spirit Blind Box (100 Jewels per pull, no duplicates, 7800 Jewels for all parts)
- The 7* Deal (500 Jewels for 10 7* Medals, includes most every medal in the game except for special Exclusive Medals at 7* and their highest upgraded version, up through MoM Xion and MoM Roxas)
- The SN++ Deal (1500 Jewels for 10 SN++ Medals, includes all medals upgraded to SN++, DOES NOT include special exclusive medals like Terra, Ventus & Aqua [SN Refresh: Upright], Strelitzia [JPN 5th Anniversary Medal], and MoM Kairi [SN Refresh: All])

On the Dark Road side of things, there are only three major things of note:

- You will be able to pull for cards until the game's end. Make sure you use any Shop Points by the end of the game.
- Events and Missions will still continue until the game's end.
- There will be three more Tower of Trials on the following dates before the game's end: March 8th through 21st, March 29th through April 11th, and April 19th through 25th.

Personally, unless you're actively pulling for Cloud/Sephiroth/MoM Xion, I'd say to hold off until Monday to really go in on what will likely be the final banners for the game. They may or may not surprise people with any special final medals beyond MoM Xion in banners. But since there's three months before the shutdown, there's plenty of time to wait before going all in on whatever your final Jewel spending plans may end up being. The Daily and Weekly Missions will be continuing through to the final day as well.

Again, these past five years really have been quite the ride for a lot of us. It may just be a simple little mobile game, but honestly, all of this just feels...weird. But, that's kind of to be expected when what was part of your daily routine is coming to an end. Things may have been pretty hands off in a sense for Noxog as a whole after a point, but it was still a pleasure to be one of the leaders of the party. Whatever happens in the end, and wherever Kingdom Hearts as a series goes, I'll still be trying to see it through. I've been on board for Tetsuya Nomura's Wild Ride since the beginning, and I'm still interested in seeing where things will go from here. To the future for the series, and for all of us.

Take care, be well, and may our hearts be our guiding key.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

It is sort of weird they seem to be yanking the gameplay aspect from UX in the offline version (near as I can tell anyway) and just making it a cutscene viewer. You’d think they could at least keep the Story Quests intact.

I appreciate them finally adding a theater mode to Dark Road though (especially since there seem to be alternate versions of some of the cutscenes depending on who your third party member is).