Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

All the best players are in Vulpes so you can be top dog easier in the lovely Unions probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Alright, so, let's talk Union Cross and Medal Farming.

Pooh & Tigger & Rabbit - How Do?

Our current Union Cross Event is another medal farming event in the same vein as the Hayner & Pence & Olette event we just had.

Each day, you'll be able to get one of the three new medals as drops from the Union Cross Multiplayer Quests: Winnie the Pooh B, Tigger, and Rabbit.

These new medals normally drop at 4*, but can also drop at 5* at a much lower rate. The individual medals do not have a 6* version. When you have all three 5* Medals, you can evolve them into the 6* Pooh & Tigger & Rabbit Medal.

Since the individual medals don't have a 6* version, you'll need to make at least two PTR medals to Guilt it. So, here's where things get annoying.

Like the HPO event, to evolve the individual medals, you'll need a total of six copies of a given medal. Since the medals come at 4* normally, this means that to get enough 5*s set up to Guilt the combination medal using just one of the three, you'll need 22 4*s.

Two 2 Dots (6 Medals), one max level 0 Dot, and 15 extras to use as evolution materials.

Then you'll need two 5*s of the other two medals to evolve the 3 Dot and 2 Dots into the 6* Combination Medal. So, that's another 12 4*s for the other two medals.

Thanks to that, you'll need, at minimum, a total of 46 4* Medals just to get your initial Guilt Roll.

At least there's no Hunny Pot (or other theme appropriate) medal used as an additional Evolution Material.

Basically, here's a roadmap:

Day 1:

The True Grind (Optional): Fuse 4*s into each other until you roll the Extra Attack Trait.

Step 1: Get two 4* copies of Pooh B with 2 Dots and an extra 0 Dot 4*. Get them to max level and lock them.
Step 2: Get another 15 copies of the 4* Medal.
Step 3: Evolve all three of the Locked 4*s to 5*.
Step 4: Unlock the 0 Dot 5* and fuse it into o e of the two 2 Dot 5*s.
Step 5: Get the 3 Dot and 2 Dot to Lv. 80. Keep them locked.

Day 2:

Step 1: Obtain 12 4* copies of that day's medal.
Step 2: Level two 4*s to max and evolve both to 5*. Do not lock.

Day 3:

Step 1: Obtain 12 4* copies of that day's medal.
Step 2: Level two 4*s to max and evolve both to 5*. Do not lock.
Step 3: Evolve the locked 3 Dot and 2 Dot Medals into two Pooh & Tigger & Rabbit medals by using the Lv. 1 5* Medals as Evolution Materials
Step 4: Fuse the two Pooh & Tigger & Rabbit medals together to unlock Guilt. Pray for a 90%+ roll. Remember to fuse INTO the medal with the Extra Attack Trait if applicable.

Day The Rest Of The Event:

Reroll Step: If you have to Reroll the combination medal, you'll need to get 6 copies of each 4* Medal since you need one of each 5* Medal to get the combination medal. Have fun waiting every third day for a Reroll...or just spend the Mirrors and be done with it.

So, yeah, at least the Medal's drop rates seems to be much improved from the HPO Event, and if you get a 5* as a drop, you can skip a chunk of farming since one 5* is basically equivalent to six 4*s. Especially for Rerolls.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:

J-Spot posted:

If you'd like to join our party and take advantage of some powerful friend medals, post your user ID number and we'll get you in. You need to be in the Vulpes union to join.

That'd be rad, thanks. My ID is 436890.

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

I'll get you! Just you wait and see!

bizarre deformity posted:

All the best players are in Vulpes so you can be top dog easier in the lovely Unions probably

That's really what it is. For union rankings the difference between first and second is what? Some munny medals and maybe a chip and dale? Compared to the solo and party rankings which can give you avatar parts? Not really important in the long run either way.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

The Hunter

Well, the Gem Boards are back. One board for each attribute's Gem at 2000 Jewels each.

Each board will give you 5 Gems, an AB3 Max & SP1, three Magic Mirrors, and two Magic Brooms.

...you'll also get the usual Chips/Dales and a Cid 10, but those aren't important unless you give EVERYTHING +1000/+1000 and -20 Cost.

Meanwhile, we're still waiting for more ABx Max & Lux+ Skills. I'd be throwing one on my Key Art Beginnings since it rolled +40% Raid Damage. I guess they really don't like the idea of guaranteed increased Lux anymore.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Hey guys, I just started playing this game and would love to get eaten by Behemoths with you guys. My ID is 3064367 on Vulpes.

Also, is there anywhere to go to keep up on metagame analysis and stuff? The only thing I really knew going in was that 0.2 Kairi was god-tier.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

QuantaStarFire posted:

Hey guys, I just started playing this game and would love to get eaten by Behemoths with you guys. My ID is 3064367 on Vulpes.

Also, is there anywhere to go to keep up on metagame analysis and stuff? The only thing I really knew going in was that 0.2 Kairi was god-tier.

Invite sent.

I don't feel like there's a great centralized place for metagame analysis but this wiki is good for checking out what medals do, what level you need a keyblade to be for good multipliers, and for checking out what Japan has been getting the last few months.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

How does anyone tank the Union Cross bosses? The only one who doesn't immediately kill me is Queen Bee.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

To tank the Union Cross bosses, you essentially need specific medals with the Extra Attack trait in addition to having Second Chance/II and Defense Boost II+ Skills.

- Cinderella & Jaq (+1 PSM STR and +1 PSM DEF for 2 Turns, 4 SP)
- SP Cinderella (+1 PSM STR and +1 PSM DEF for 2 Turns, 2 SP)
- Hayner & Pence & Olette (+1 DEF and +1 PSM DEF for 2 Turns, 4 SP)
- Pooh & Tigger & Rabbit (+1 PSM DEF for 3 Turns, 2 SP)

The only one of these medals you can actually get now is Pooh & Tigger & Rabbit through the current Union Cross event.

Cinderella & Jaq and SP Cinderella were past High Score Challenge prizes, and Hayner & Pence & Olette was the last Union Cross Medal Farming Event.

All the other DEF Buff Medals were Attribute Specific, so, they're much less useful overall when you can't change your Keyblade's deck on the fly.

Your best option to just get through the Union Cross Quests is to act as a healer of sorts if you can't do significant damage. So, sit back and use your attacks for reviving teammates during the bosses.

This is to say nothing of the Challenge Bosses. Those basically just say gently caress YOU and kill you in one shot unless you have insane amounts of DEF Buffs. And even then, some of them just throw all the Debuffs or a Dispel at you and kill you regardless. So, just focus on reviving the players that would die.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Well, I'm a day late...again. But in any case, let's talk reprints and difficulty.

World of Final Fantasy Reprint Banner - I Called It

So, first of all, we now have the WoFF Reprint Banner.

3000 Jewels will get you eight 5*+ Medals and two WoFF Medals with 1-3 Dots.

This time around, all medals have a higher chance of being pulled Boosted. But in addition to that, we now also have the Lann and Reynn Medals added to the pool, and if you pull either of them, they will have 3 Dots guaranteed.

Lann and Reynn are Upright Power and Upright Magic versions of WoFF Sora with Tier 5 Guilt.

So, this also means that only Lann and Reynn are Tier 5. WoFF Sora is still a Tier 4 Medal, and the other six are still the same as they were before.

Magic Broom Super Challenge - The Frustration Zone

And we also have a new set of super hard Challenge Quests. Three Quests, all with Lv. 900 enemies of a specific attribute.

Clear the Quests without Continuing for a Magic Mirror.
Clear the Quests in 3 Turns for an Attribute Gem.
Clear the Quests in 2 Turns for a Magic Broom.

Yeah, the Brooms are essentially extremely gated. These aren't meant to be given out to everyone since S-E doesn't want Global to have more access to Magic Brooms/Fantasia Mickey B without spending money.

I was only able to get all three Brooms due to having 0.2 Kairi, Guilted Copy Medals (one with Extra Attack for 0.2 Kairi), and a LOT of patience to Quit/Load until the Skill Triggers lined up properly for the Magic Trial.

Oh yeah, that said, the only really problematic one of the three is the Magic Trial. While you still have Lv. 900 enemies in all three Trials, the Magic one throws a Lv. 900 Huge Snowman with OVER 150 BARS OF HP at you and expects you to 2 Turn it for the Magic Broom.

Seriously though, try to do what you can, but don't go pulling your hair out. Good luck everyone.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I managed to kill the snowman in three turns but I'll be damned if I can figure out a way to kill him quicker :shrug:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Could whoever in Noxog that had HD Wisdom Sora up before as their friend medal please put him back up? Thanks.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Could whoever in Noxog that had HD Wisdom Sora up before as their friend medal please put him back up? Thanks.

I pulled one because I'm dumb and wanted to try for the EX. It's out now.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I miss 0AP. Please come back soon. :(

On the plus side, it's giving me a chance to focus on UX and get my Pooh/Rabbit/Tigger medal done and guilted. Multiplayer is such a clusterfuck though.

Btw, what can I do to manage my gauges? It seems almost impossible to maintain enough metres for these bosses unless they're specifically weak to whatever medal setup I run in with. The one that really messes me up is the Shadow swarm since I skew Speed over Power.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

QuantaStarFire posted:

I miss 0AP. Please come back soon. :(

On the plus side, it's giving me a chance to focus on UX and get my Pooh/Rabbit/Tigger medal done and guilted. Multiplayer is such a clusterfuck though.

Btw, what can I do to manage my gauges? It seems almost impossible to maintain enough metres for these bosses unless they're specifically weak to whatever medal setup I run in with. The one that really messes me up is the Shadow swarm since I skew Speed over Power.

There are medals that restore your gauges, like KHII Illustrated Kairi and Illustrated Vivi and some others. But they are rare so if you dont have them yet it's gonna be tough. I would say pick Illustrated KHII Kairi as your friend medal every round, since it restores 10 gauges. Or you can put Atk Prize Plus on medals but it isn't nearly as effective.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

There are medals that restore your gauges, like KHII Illustrated Kairi and Illustrated Vivi and some others. But they are rare so if you dont have them yet it's gonna be tough. I would say pick Illustrated KHII Kairi as your friend medal every round, since it restores 10 gauges. Or you can put Atk Prize Plus on medals but it isn't nearly as effective.

Figured as much. Unfortunately, I don't have those medals and since you can't bring a friend for UX, I guess I just have to live with it.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

If you managed to get Chip & Dale or Iago, you can at least use those for 4 SP Recovery. But yeah, once Illus. KHII Kairi came out, most builds heavily shifted to having her for the +1/-1 PSM, +10 SP & Curaga for 0 SP regardless of her fixed damage nature.

Your best hope right now is holding onto around 15k Jewels in case they do a "reprint" banner with her as a Mercy Pull medal. Since having her (or some form of SP Recovery) at all matters quite a bit now.

And before I forget...

Weekly VIP Perks

This week's VIP Perks are the Monthly VIP Broom Quests and KH III Sora [EX] Week 6, yet the notice says this is the last chance. Also, the Super Combination VIP Quest is back this week.

Daily Challenge Quests

This week brings the Daily Challenge Quests back as well. Each day will have a new Jewels & Things Event Board to complete. Defeat the enemies in the daily quest to earn the Event Coins you'll need to complete each day's board.

Collect 850 Coins to earn 200 Jewels, a 6* Chip, Dale, Cid, or Magic Mirror depending on the day, and a Huey & Dewey & Louie for completing the board each day.

The Cloud [EX] Falling Price Deal

We also have a limited [EX] Reprint Banner, and it's a Falling Price Deal to boot. The discount is the same as usual for a Falling Price Deal, with the maximum discounted price of 1900 Jewels per pull coming at Pull #5+.

Each pull will give you nine 5*+ Medals and a Tier 4+ Medal with 1-3 Dots. That said, Cloud [EX] is actually available from this banner only. If you pull him at all, he will come with 1-3 Dots even if he wasn't the guaranteed Tier 4+ Medal, and you have a chance of pulling him Boosted with +1000 STR/DEF (unless I'm remembering the Notice wrong).

That said, if you must pull for gamble on pulling an [EX] Medal, you're likely better served doing so for the upcoming Sephiroth [EX] or HD Xion [EX] provided that Final Form Xion (AOE -2 DEF for 2 Turns) comes as a Mercy Pull in that banner.

Volfogg fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Aug 21, 2017

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Volfogg posted:

If you managed to get Chip & Dale or Iago, you can at least use those for 4 SP Recovery. But yeah, once Illus. KHII Kairi came out, most builds heavily shifted to having her for the +1/-1 PSM, +10 SP & Curaga for 0 SP regardless of her fixed damage nature.

Your best hope right now is holding onto around 15k Jewels in case they do a "reprint" banner with her as a Mercy Pull medal. Since having her (or some form of SP Recovery) at all matters quite a bit now.

My account isn't even a week old, so my most valuable medal is the 0.2 Kairi I rerolled for. I've got a few other nice medals (I've gotten 3 WoFF Sephis from the current banner), but nothing really speaks to a coherent build or anything atm.

I'll keep in mind the urge to hoard. I've been spending gems as soon I get them to build a collection. Seemed like the best move this early on.

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:
Has anyone else had trouble with Mean Maiden? I haven't bought many jewels, so most of my strongest medals are event ones. Haven't found many tips online for beating her, besides brute force + taking down the healing cat first.

Any strategy beyond that? Should I just soldier through with jewels?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

TurkeyFried posted:

Has anyone else had trouble with Mean Maiden? I haven't bought many jewels, so most of my strongest medals are event ones. Haven't found many tips online for beating her, besides brute force + taking down the healing cat first.

Any strategy beyond that? Should I just soldier through with jewels?

It's hard to give advice without knowing what medals you have access to. I tend to steamroll through the story quests but I went back and tried more of an f2p setup on that quest. Got through it using Lady Luck with Sebastian, Larxene B, extra attack Hayner, Pence, & Olette, KH2 iKairi, and Marluxia B with a shared extra attack Key Art 9. It took several rounds but it was easy enough. I focused on killing the cats first. You could probably sub out any of the attack medals if you don't have them. The extra attack HPO is the MVP here but an extra attack Pooh, Tigger, & Rabbit should get the job done as well.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

I'm tempted to buy the swimsuit packages to get my hands on the 0-gauge Scrooges so I can 0-gauge my 0.2 Kairi and my Pooh/Tigger/Rabbit medal with 100% and extra attack.

On the one hand, it'd probably be an incredibly poor use of my jewels. On the other hand, It was hilarious sitting sitting the weekend raid boss without dying, but the only reason I could pull it off was because of a guildmate's Illustrated Kairi 2 constantly restoring my SP; without access to that, I would probably die sooner or later because I wouldn't have to SP to keep up the defense buffs. It'd be nice to not die to the UX bosses as well, or stages where I'm expected to slog along.

I most likely won't because I'm guessing that two pips of defense is good enough for most of the current content and +6 defense is probably overkill.

Casull fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Aug 27, 2017

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

0sp for a double attack PTR would be a good choice. It's ok for 0.2 Kairi but she's not that expensive and is probably better off with either a good defense boost skill or second chance 2.

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

I'll get you! Just you wait and see!
Yeah agreed, PTR maybe (unless you can wait until you get a 0-2 SP attack X max)

0.2 Kairi? gently caress no, put Def III, IV, or Second Chance.

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:

J-Spot posted:

It's hard to give advice without knowing what medals you have access to. I tend to steamroll through the story quests but I went back and tried more of an f2p setup on that quest. Got through it using Lady Luck with Sebastian, Larxene B, extra attack Hayner, Pence, & Olette, KH2 iKairi, and Marluxia B with a shared extra attack Key Art 9. It took several rounds but it was easy enough. I focused on killing the cats first. You could probably sub out any of the attack medals if you don't have them. The extra attack HPO is the MVP here but an extra attack Pooh, Tigger, & Rabbit should get the job done as well.

Hey, thanks for the tips! Was able to tank that boss over the weekend.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

I know I've neglected to mention things recently (sorry), but today's new content is both actual content and an insane pain that I just HAVE TO bring up.

Ending Tonight:

- Tier 5 Falling Price Deal

The usual discounts through Pull #5. New medals are/were Ventus=Vanitas and Lord of the Dead.

Each pull guarantees you one of 19 select Tier 5 Medals with 1-3 Dots, and if you pull(ed) either of the new medals, they would come with 3 Dots.

- World of Final Fantasy Reprint Banner

3000 Jewels per pull. Two WoFF Medals with 1-3 Dots guaranteed in each pull. Lann and Reynn were added to the WoFF Medal Pool, and are Tier 5 Power/Magic versions of WoFF Sora.

- August Coliseum

Reminder to spend your Coliseum Coins and plow through as many Coliseum Quests as you want to/can. This month's Prize is Attack Boost IV & Attack Prize Plus.

Ending Sunday:

- Clover Glasses Union Cross Boards

This week's Union Cross Boards are for a pair of Clover Glasses. And this time, the Avatar Part Boards have completion bonuses again with new Chat Phrases.

- Gauntlet Challenge Quests

This week's Challenge Quests are four sets of Gauntlet Challenges. Sets 1-3 are available now, but each quest so far has only given 20 Jewels each. So, only a total of 240 Jewels for free so far this week. It looks like we may only be getting 320 Free Jewels this week, and that isn't too good because...

The Hades Cup - I'm Dead.

...THIS seems to be where all of the free Jewels have gone this week.

A total of 15 Quests, and difficult would put it lightly for most players. All you have to do to earn the prizes is to complete each Quest without Continuing. That's simple enough though, since Continuing is not an option here. Actually doing it though, that's another story.

By completing these 15 Quests, you can earn various prizes. You can earn up to:

- Power Gem x2
- Speed Gem x1
- Magic Gem x2
- Magic Broom x1
- Magic Mirror x11
- 6000 Jewels

Now...the only problem with this is that you earn 1000 Jewels by completing Quest 10. How do you get the other 5000? You have to clear Quest 15. And no, I don't mean you get 1000 from each Quest starting with Quest 10. You only get the 5000 from Quest 15, and spoilers, Quest 15 throws a bunch of Lv. 999 enemies at you.

This is not meant to be fun.

That said, have fun. I'll just be over here, thinking about how to deal with Quest 15.

:shepicide:

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Status Archers are a punishment inflicted upon Humanity for our sins.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The new Tifa and Arerith medal looks really good, especially since it's def down 2 for all enemies. Is it worth pulling for?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I thought the Hades Cup was pretty fun up until round 14. Surviving the Mean Maiden wasn't too hard but surviving AND doing enough damage to get past the heals was pretty rough and took like 10 minutes to get through. 15 was just pure bullshit. I spend about 90 minutes last night trying different things and only got it due to Kiwi sharing that Sephiroth EX. Had to use Starlight with HPO, copy art, Ikairi2 (Sc2), IKairi1 (DB3), and HD Namine. The first 4 of those medals had double attack. I skipped iKairi2 on the first round so I could focus on single target attacks up until Namine copied Sephiroth, then used Nova to take out all the enemies with counters. Needed DB3 procs to tank through the remaining enemies until I got it down to just the rats on turn 3. At that point I could tank without DB procs thanks to the +7PSMDU and +7GDU, but it still could take more than half my damage off in one hit.

I guess I'll share double attack Lady Tremaine for a bit. Theoretically pairing it with HPO will help you turtle better than using 2 HPO's.

The new Tifa and Arerith medal looks really good, especially since it's def down 2 for all enemies. Is it worth pulling for?

Yeah, it's pretty decent especially if you don't already have a -2 GDD multi-target, plus it will top off your GAU when paired with 0.2 Kairi. Very helpful for the later coliseum rounds. I'll be pairing it with my extra attack copy medal to get that amazing +6 GAU -6 GDD in two attacks.

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Sep 1, 2017

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I will have 30k gems when I finish the hades cup so I think I will be able to do two pulls. Definitely worth it.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I guess I should have said "if I beat the Hades Cup," because I am stuck on Cloud right now. My def buffs aren't enough and even if I get second chance, his hit counter goes to zero and he kills me again.

I did get EX Sephiroth on my first pull though :getin:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

How many Proud story quests are there currently? I just passed 300
And poo poo is getting really crazy really fast as far as the requirements.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

How many Proud story quests are there currently? I just passed 300
And poo poo is getting really crazy really fast as far as the requirements.

350 right now, and yeah they start getting a bit more tricky after 300.

ChaosSora
Feb 20, 2013

Is there any space in Noxog? The Hades cup has taught me I need to be in a better party. My ID is 110463.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I managed to beat Cloud with my new 180% bonus EX Sephiroth and Tifa & Aerith. Beat the next two, also. The final match is really tough! J-Spot, can you put Lady Tremaine back up? That might be what I need.

EDIT: Just kidding, I managed to get really lucky and survive long enough to pull it off. Hell yeah, the 5000 gems are mine :getin:

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Sep 4, 2017

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

ChaosSora posted:

Is there any space in Noxog? The Hades cup has taught me I need to be in a better party. My ID is 110463.

Done and done.

Anyways, info time.

Weekend Raid Info

The Weekend Raid for September is the Fortress Crab. Three breakable points, and 15 Million HP. As usual, you'll need 550 Coins to complete the Raid Board. Lv. 10 Bosses will give a 6* Chip and Dale for beating it.

Bonus Hours are the same as usual.

The Raid Boss will be available (again) on September 9-10, 16-17, and 30th. So, we may get one day of this, and one day of October's Raid Boss on 9/30-10/1.

Weekly VIP Perks - 9/4-9/10

We have a good overlap of perks for once. Buying VIP this week will get you access to the following:

- Magic Broom Quests (Magic Brooms x7)
- Key Art #11 Medal Quests (Key Art #11 x4, 1400 Jewels)

That said, no EXP/Evolve Medal Quests or Skill Quests. Still worth it though if you need more Brooms.

Key Art #11 is a Reverse Magic Medal with Tier 6 Guilt. Its SP is an AOE attack that deals 11 hits, gives you +3 STR, and -2 PSM DEF of all targets for 1 turn, and recovers 3 SP for 0 SP.

Honestly, a great medal for various Proud Mode requirements (<2 SP Cost, Reverse SPs only, 7+ Hits) and the Reverse Proud Keyblades, especially Diamond Dust. Extra Attack, as usual, is the best trait for a Buffer like this. +6 STR, -4 PSM DEF, and +6 SP sounds quite nice for 0 SP.

Carnival Mask UX Boards - You'll never see it coming.

This week's Union Cross Boards are the Carnival Mask Parts. Four boards this week: the Male and Female Masks and two Magic Mirror Boards.

As usual, Challenge Time is at 7 PM and 11 PM Pacific. 30 Minutes of Challenge Bosses and rare egg spawns for more Coins. You'll need 30k Cross Coins to complete the boards.

Completing the Male Board gives you the Give me Power! Chat Phrase, and the Female Board gives you the Light! Chat Phrase.

The Carnival Mask gives a +10 Omega Raid Boss Perk.

Daily Raid Event - A fine kettle of fish.

Well, in lieu of normal Jewel Quests, we have the Daily Raid Event. Every day this week at Noon and 7 PM Pacific, the Jewel Sorceress Raid Boss will be available for one hour. Defeat the Raid Boss as many times as you can during the Raid Hours since it will only drop Raid Coins every five levels.

To boil it down:

- Raid Coins earned from every 5 Levels (up to Lv. 55).
- Raid Boss Level resets every day.
- Raid Boards will remain available 30 minutes after the 1 Hour Windows.
- If you can't play during those two hours...I'm sorry.

It'd be nice if they stopped doing these extremely limited window Jewel Events.

Illus. KH II Kairi Mercy Pull Deal - The Goddess Returns...again

Available until Sept. 11th

We also have a new Shop Banner that isn't actually so new. 3000 Jewels will get you nine 5*+ Medals and a Tier 4+ Medal with 1-3 Dots.

The main draw of this banner is that you are guaranteed to pull a 3 Dot copy of Illustrated KH II Kairi within 5 Pulls. So, if you don't have one and absolutely need one, it may be worth the 15k Jewels. But that's still 15k Jewels. Pull at your own discretion as usual.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

SENA has issues a press-release regarding the Tsum Tsum events. Basically we'll be getting Union Cross and raid events over the next two weeks with Tsum Tsum avatar parts. That's in addition to the Tsum Tsum medal banner that just came out. The Tsum medals are merely decent at this point compared to recent premiums but you're guaranteed to get one with 1-3 dots in each pull.

Also in that press release is confirmation that we'll be getting the new app update soon which introduces the new pet mechanic. Pets follow your avatar around and can be customized with various parts. Not much is known about them but they appear to have their own level and multiplier and can be equipped with medals (or maybe you feed them medals to strengthen them, IDK). Screenshots suggest they will provide a 7th attack to your turn, but we don't know which modes they'll be included in. All players will get 3000 jewels to celebrate the release of pets.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I got Darkgnaw and it is good but why does it have so few gauges it's slightly ridiculous

Edit: the announcement from Thursday said proud mode quests up to 350 are now available but I'm up to quest 359 so idk wtf

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Sep 9, 2017

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

I got Darkgnaw and it is good but why does it have so few gauges it's slightly ridiculous

Edit: the announcement from Thursday said proud mode quests up to 350 are now available but I'm up to quest 359 so idk wtf

you committed a crimes, go turn yourself in

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Heads up, SENA streamed some KHUX footage last night tp preview the new Tsum Tsum medals and upcoming raid boss. The build of the game they were running showed off some upcoming events and banners, including the Demyx event and another expert difficulty event for a moon gem and M&B. Most notable though was the Roxas EX banner which had a mercy pull for HD Xion. The latter is a tier 6 reverse power version of HD Namine, so pretty drat useful. Obviously things can change but I'd hold off on doing any Tsum Tsum pulls if you're interested in getting Xion.

Yeah, I bumped Darkgnaw up to +15 to run a couple coliseum stages with it and pretty much relied on the attack prizes from one-turning enemies to get me through. I guess it's sort of way to rebalance things since iKairi2 and all of the SP conservation skills kind of killed SP management aspect of the game. This makes the bonus SP trait a bit more desirable.

By the way, how well have you been able to do in the HSC with that Sephiroth and whatever else? I used my HD Namine to copy your medal and it murders everything. Managed around 32.5 mil but that wasn't enough to stay in the top 1000 for more than the first day.

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Sep 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I haven't tried it yet, but when I do I will let you know.

Edit: in case you all are wondering, there are 375 Proud quests, which is exactly enough to get Darkgnaw to lv25

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Sep 10, 2017