Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Yeah, they're constantly finding new ways to make your numbers go up and the global version has addressed a lot of the disparities we used to have with the Japanese version. They're actually giving quite a bit of free jewels these days. Between daily logins, quest content, and the new mission system I think we had around 6000 on the table this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Is the goon Vulp party still going? I don't remember if you have to search for the party or get an invite.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Richard M Nixon posted:

Is the goon Vulp party still going? I don't remember if you have to search for the party or get an invite.

Yup. Post your user number and we'll get you an invite.

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.
We'll probably have to kick someone but we have a couple of people who haven't logged in in around 2 months.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

J-Spot posted:

Yup. Post your user number and we'll get you an invite.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Invite sent!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Hey I just logged on for the first time in a month and have, erm, 20K jewels banked up?

Anything on the horizon worth blowing them on?

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

For right now, it boils down to a small series of questions.

1) Do you have Illustrated Kairi [EX]?

If Yes: Move on to Question 3.
If No: Move to Question 2.

2) Do you want to gamble everything?

If Yes: Pull on the Falling Price EX Deal Banner to try and get Illustrated Kairi [EX].
If No: Tough luck. If you want her, you have no other choice. Get to pulling, or accept that you won't get her...unless they reprint her again with an insanely high Mercy Pull in the future.

3) Do you want any of the Foreteller [EX] Medals?

If Yes: Move on to Question 4
If No: Go back to the normal daily mission grind and wait for another medal you may want. 358/2 Days Black Coat Riku and Illustrated Xion [EX] (Reverse version of Illus. Kairi [EX]) are both good upcoming options.

4) Are you willing to gamble again, or spend a lot of money?

If Yes: Choose one Forteller and pull only from that banner until your Jewels run dry/you decide enough is enough. After all, any of the five Forteller Medals can be pulled from any of the five Banners. You only pull from the one you'd ideally want to Mercy Pull.
If No: Understandable. Having a Mercy Pull of 20 Pulls is a lot to ask for. That's 60k Jewels to drop on a single medal.

The major thing to remember right now though is that Jewels are thankfully much more bountiful thanks to the Daily/Weekly Mission System. Just do (I think it was) Quest 660 five times a day, and beat the Raid Bosses it spawns to complete the Daily Missions super quick. Well, that's outside of Raid Week/ends.

So, while they are throwing out Jewel Sinks left and right, we at least can earn more Jewels more regularly. 2400 Jewels every 5 days (consistent Logins and the Daily Missions), an extra 1000 Jewels every week (Weekly Party Missions), ~320 Jewels (on average) every Union Cross cycle (if you can deal with the grind), and any extra Jewels from events (be it 10 or 20 for Quest Completion, or actual Jewel Events).

Be frugal if you can, but don't feel as restricted as we used to be. Only issue is the rapid fire of Jewel Sinks now.

Volfogg fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Nov 27, 2017

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Volfogg posted:

1400 Jewels every 5 days (consistent Logins and the Daily Missions)
It's actually 2400! Jewel missions are worth 300 each day. They're giving away so many jewels now that I feel a little less bad about wasting four pulls on the Ira banner with nothing to show for it.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

The Hunter

J-Spot posted:

It's actually 2400! Jewel missions are worth 300 each day. They're giving away so many jewels now that I feel a little less bad about wasting four pulls on the Ira banner with nothing to show for it.

Whoops. Screwed up my math somewhere, or I just ended up hitting 1 instead of 2 and didn't realize it.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Only took over 60k jewels but I finally got that goddamn Illustrated Kairi [EX] medal!!!! Sometimes this game is bullshit!

Edit: holy poo poo, this medal is so good it's almost unfair! Almost.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Nov 30, 2017

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

bizarre deformity posted:

Only took over 60k jewels but I finally got that goddamn Illustrated Kairi [EX] medal!!!! Sometimes this game is bullshit!

Edit: holy poo poo, this medal is so good it's almost unfair! Almost.

I spent about 15k to get mine.

It's easily my strongest medal.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I got mine in 15K and then burned 3 mickeys guilting it without looking to see if that was worth it

First time logging in in months and I’m just slaughtering everything

Nick Onimura
Mar 28, 2010
With all the talk of throwing so many jewels to no avail, it makes me wonder what I did to get Ill Kairi EX in one pull the first time it was available.

And then I also got Ava EX from one pull.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

I got mine in 15K and then burned 3 mickeys guilting it without looking to see if that was worth it

Generally dedicated buff medals aren't worth it but Kairi EX can actually do a decent amount of damage on its own so guilting it isn't the worst thing to do. I cleared the Sora & Neku HSC by having my primary damage dealer be a maxed out HD Xion copying Kairi EX.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I went to bed rank ~8400 in the Coliseum, thinking I couldn't possibly drop 1600 places in a couple hours.

Woke up and was rank ~10080, so much for Second Chance III :(

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

bizarre deformity posted:

I went to bed rank ~8400 in the Coliseum, thinking I couldn't possibly drop 1600 places in a couple hours.

Woke up and was rank ~10080, so much for Second Chance III :(
Ouch, that's quite the rush of procrastinators. Luckily SC3 isn't nearly the essential jump that 2 was from 1 and it will probably show up in an avatar board sometime soon. That was definitely a rough month for coliseum grinding with all of the extra power we've been given combined with the relatively weak enemies. This month should hopefully be less of a climb.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

J-Spot posted:

Ouch, that's quite the rush of procrastinators. Luckily SC3 isn't nearly the essential jump that 2 was from 1 and it will probably show up in an avatar board sometime soon. That was definitely a rough month for coliseum grinding with all of the extra power we've been given combined with the relatively weak enemies. This month should hopefully be less of a climb.

It sucks, too, because I could have kept going but instead I got a good night's sleep. Priorities.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

I haven't even done Story Quest 250 and I already did all the moogle of glory quests...
iKairi EX is extremely strong.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

I know I don't really do the content update posts I used to do anymore (mostly because the content is basically just new [EX] Banners for the most part), but I do need to make something clear about this week's Monthly Raid Week.

Previously, we've had the Twilight Thorn medals as a reward, and that godawful Daily Raid Event with the Trickmaster medals. For this month's Raid Week, we're getting the Power counterpart to those two: Destroyer Behemoth. Yeah, that's pretty straightforward.

Just like the Twilight Thorn event, there are only seven copies of the medal in all. That's also straightforward.

But there's one thing that wasn't mentioned at all in last night's Tweet, or in any of the Notices in game:

:siren:There is one (1) Boosted copy of the Destroyer Behemoth Medal at THE END of the Raid Board.:siren:

To make things absolutely clear: Do not, I repeat, DO NOT fuse for Traits as you get the medals. If you do this, You'll potentially get the trait you want on a Non-Boosted copy and then have to sacrifice that trait for the Boosted copy.

Just get all seven copies of the medal (or make sure you get the Boosted one ASAP at least) before fusing them together for your Trait rolls. Also, the 1500 Coin copy at the start of the Raid Board IS NOT the Boosted copy. That's all the way at the far end of the board.

I just want as many of you guys to know this in advance so you don't accidentally only get one real Trait Roll.

Lastly, the Raid Bosses are just as tanky at Lv. 99 as they were last month. That is to say, not very tanky if you have a good Raid deck. It has just shy of 5 Million HP at Lv. 77, so I don't really see it getting much higher once I hit Lv. 99 in a while.

Not much else to say. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on the unannounced Boosted medal before you start the Raid Boss grind.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

It's interesting how the log in experience for this game is compared to Final Fantasy Brave Exvius...

In FFBE, you only have to tap once to get in, or 3 max if you want to skip the first two screens that already go by pretty fast.

Whereas here, you have to tap a minimum of 6 times, except on Mondays, when you have to go past the What Guild Is #1? and Here's The Same top 5 Whales! screens. Then, that count goes up with all the new boards available that day.

It's just really bad.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

One thing I don't like is how basically every week it's yet another 0AP event. Like why have AP if you're just going to not require it at all.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

PSA regarding the new skip ticket+ item: the in-game notice is incorrect about how they work. You can use them to complete a level and get any quest rewards (material and treasure chests) but you will not get the objective rewards.

IAmTheRad posted:

One thing I don't like is how basically every week it's yet another 0AP event. Like why have AP if you're just going to not require it at all.

I don't know why they bother with AP anymore either. It's rare that you'd ever run out if you're caught up on story content. Coliseum and Union Cross are the two modes that require the most time investment and they're both 0ap anyway. My best guess is their data shows that people are more likely to buy VIP during 0AP weeks but wouldn't be as inclined if there wasn't a limited time window.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

gently caress I thought I saw something about a boosted behemoth but I couldn't find it again. And of course I already fused them like an idiot.

Edit: they loving edited the notice two days later to emphasize the boosted copy but it was too late, I had already done it by then. drat it!

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Dec 16, 2017

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

KHUX Japan has just revealed the latest way to make numbers go up. New HD Ventus, Terra, and Aqua EX medals increase the guilt value of all medals by 30%.

Japan is also giving away a copy of Kairi EX for VIP this week. Probably trying to squeeze the last few bucks out of people who do't have her before introducing KH2 iKairi EX.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

At the pace they're on, I'm expecting the next, next Kairi medal to destroy all enemies and add 100 jewels to your account. No mercy pull.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

I'm just glad to get iKari EX finally after dumping loads of jewels into the previous two times it showed up.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

10,000 Jewels just for logging in today.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Kheldarn posted:

10,000 Jewels just for logging in today.

The money I spent on this game right when it came out might be my greatest gaming purchase regret...

earthdivine
Apr 29, 2009
Chalk me up as well as a returning player from over a year, back when I played it it was around the time the Xemnas A or B medal was released and the power gap between NA and JP was huge. Got a big welcome back of 32k medals that was really nice, is there any big medal coming up to pull for?

If there's any goon guilds still going on Vulpes, my ID is 1093985 if you'll have me back.

Nicaden
Feb 17, 2012
I was a semi active player for the last year and now that I’ve got some decent medals and am enjoying the game again, I’d also like to join any goon unions that are still active. I’m in Vulpes and my ID is 57343.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Both of you have been taken care of. Invites (back) to Noxog have been sent your way.

When it comes to big medals to save/pull for, it really depends on what you do have...as always.

If you managed to get Illustrated Kairi [EX], you're obviously good for buffs. If not, then you're going to want to try and get her the next time the Illus. Kairi [EX] banner comes back. I would also say Illustrated Xion [EX] as well, but the +2 Upright Buff provided by Illus. Kairi [EX] is generally preferable to the +2 Reverse buff that Xion provides.

After that, having some Copy Medals, especially a Guilted copy of HD Xion (for Fairy Stars) would be nice. After all, if you have an Extra Attack Copy Medal to go with Illus. Kairi [EX], you get +7/-7 of just about everything, and +6 Upright STR in just two Medal Slots (and +0 Reverse STR of course).

Lastly, the current Falling Price Deal banner is actually not too bad. The big medals from that banner are:

- KH 358/2 Days Black Coat Riku
- HD Final Form Sora
- The Copy Medals (HD Antiform Sora and HD Vanitas)

Days Black Coat Riku and HD Final Form Sora are both medals that give an extra +1 Upright STR, but also only deal the most damage when set in specific slots in a Keyblade's deck. Riku is best in Slot 3, and Sora is best in Slot 5.

Looking out to future medals, there is just one major set of medals that's looking to be worth dumping everything into. Not just for damage, but because they also bring in ANOTHER way to make numbers bigger:

- HD Terra [EX]
- HD Ventus [EX]
- HD Aqua [EX]

They all have the same SP Attack. An AOE Attack that deals a number of hits (all more than 1), with a variable multiplier that deals more damage when only 1 enemy remains. They also increase Guilt by 30% for 1 turn. They're all Tier 7 Medals, so they all have 200% Guilt at max. But with their SP, that 200% becomes 230%, and every medal after it also gets that +30% Guilt. Apparently, the +30% Guilt only applies once and does not stack.

To boil it down, make sure you have Illus. Kairi [EX] and a Copy Medal (to get that minimum 2x uses each turn, decide if you need more Damage Medals, and potentially save up for the [EX] BbS Trio Medals. Those are going to be quite big.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Someone in D.C. is a fan.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Is there a way I could get a party invite? I'm in Vulpes, started playing again now that I have a real phone that can handle it, but started over because I wasn't super invested in my old account.

E: durr, my ID is 3730223

E: I'm in, thanks!

BrightWing fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jan 11, 2018

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Playing again for a bit and holy poo poo the new medals I just won from the DuckTales Banner are doing 3x the damage as my next best medal.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
I've lurked this thread about a year ago, but now my party is dead and I'm over being stubborn in staying in this dead and lame Inguis or whatever snake name.

Is there any room in the Vulpes goon party so I can transfer over?

Also, should I try to get the Scrooge medal? I have all three others, but I dunno if I should save my medals for the next pull or not.

OhFunny posted:

Playing again for a bit and holy poo poo the new medals I just won from the DuckTales Banner are doing 3x the damage as my next best medal.

I got Boosted 200% Launchpad and HDL, (and reg 134% webby) and oh my god they do crazy damage, almost as good as my bear foreteller.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

The new banners at midnight are Illustrated Xion EX and HD Axel EX on falling price banners. I'd save your money for these instead, of save it for the BBS EX trio down the line that Volfogg mentioned.

Scrooge is extremely stupid and powerful, but it's single target, which less universally useful than iKari EX and iXion EX, which are multi-target. If you wanna give it a shot, go for it, but with less than an hour left, i'd personally just hold onto whatever jewels you got for the moment.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Rastan Beeza posted:

I've lurked this thread about a year ago, but now my party is dead and I'm over being stubborn in staying in this dead and lame Inguis or whatever snake name.

Is there any room in the Vulpes goon party so I can transfer over?

Also, should I try to get the Scrooge medal? I have all three others, but I dunno if I should save my medals for the next pull or not.

We can always make room if you'd like to switch over. Just do the Union Switch and get me your Player ID # once you've done so.

When it comes to Scrooge, and just about any [EX] rarity medal, that always depends more on what you have, and what you're willing to use. Since the Ducktales Medals are all temporary Buffers (save Scrooge), and the apparent drop rate of Scrooge McDuck himself, it may not be worth it if you've already gotten multiple HDL/Launchpad/Webby, which it appears you have. If you still have an extra Webby for a Guilt Reroll, you'll want to save her until the new banners start because we're getting another Guilt Campaign.

And speaking of the new banners, it's HD Axel [EX] and the return of Illustrated Xion [EX] in the form of Split Falling Price Deal Banners. 20 Pull Mercy on both medals, and you can get Illus. Xion [EX] from the Axel Banner, as well as the inverse. Just like the Foreteller [EX] Banners let you mercy the Foreteller of your choice, but you could still pull any one of them from any of the five banners.

If you don't know what HD Axel [EX] does...3 SP: (AOE) Deals 3 hits. 2 turns: ↑Reversed STR by 2, S-STR by 7, ↓targets' DEF by 2, S-DEF by 2. Inflicts more damage the higher your HP.

...and I'm well and completely beaten to the punch for the new Banners.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Japan just unveiled the first upright defense down medal. Illustrated KH Riku EX is an upright magic medal that lowers upright defense by 2 and magic defense by 7. Power and speed equivalents will no doubt be coming up. Might not be a bad thing to save for although in Japan there is no mercy pull for it. I’d say it’s probably about a month and a half out for us but the global release schedule has been kind of unpredictable lately with them slowing down to do reprints and the Duck Tales medals which are global exclusives.

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jan 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Upright is the dumbest loving term. They're ALL loving upright! Just call them Light and Dark Medals, and be done with it. :argh: