Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Offline Dark Road won't have Shop Points (or Draw Tickets?), all cards will be buyable using BP once the offline version goes live.

Make sure you use any and all of your Jewels and Shop Points before the End of Service Maintenance, since all Jewels and Shop Points will be wiped at that point.

At the time of this post, you have 18 Hours before KHUxDR shuts down. Make sure you've done everything you want/can do, and don't forget to hit the Save User Data button before the final Maintenance begins if you want to keep a record of your time playing the game (and to carry over your data to the offline version of Dark Road once that launches).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Volfogg posted:

Offline Dark Road won't have Shop Points (or Draw Tickets?), all cards will be buyable using BP once the offline version goes live.

Make sure you use any and all of your Jewels and Shop Points before the End of Service Maintenance, since all Jewels and Shop Points will be wiped at that point.

At the time of this post, you have 18 Hours before KHUxDR shuts down. Make sure you've done everything you want/can do, and don't forget to hit the Save User Data button before the final Maintenance begins if you want to keep a record of your time playing the game (and to carry over your data to the offline version of Dark Road once that launches).

Already done but thanks

Also since they apparently won’t be updating the story mode of Dark Road again until it switches over to the offline version I wonder if that means we’ll be getting the entire rest of the game in one shot.

As for offline UX, will the only things you’ll be able to do there be watch cutscenes, change Keyblades, and maybe customize your avatar or will any other features from the current game be left intact?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Larryb posted:

As for offline UX, will the only things you’ll be able to do there be watch cutscenes, change Keyblades, and maybe customize your avatar or will any other features from the current game be left intact?

I think the only other thing you can do is play the handful of classic kingdom mini-games that were available.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
That's all, folks.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

The Hunter

Goodnight Chirithy.
Farewell KHUx.

Until the Dark Road update.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

RIP UX. BTW I'm still bitter over Noxog kicking me and one day I'll get my revenge.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Volfogg posted:

Goodnight Chirithy.
Farewell KHUx.

Until the Dark Road update.

So if I’m reading that notification right Dark Road may not be playable again until September (though I’m assuming that means they’ll have finished the entire rest of the Story Mode by then)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jun 30, 2021

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Larryb posted:

So if I’m reading that notification right Dark Road may not be playable again until September (though I’m assuming that means they’ll have finished the entire rest of the Story Mode by then)

It isn't playable, and that seems to be the plan.

Union Cross' Theater Mode for now, Dark Road's Offline version with the complete story later.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kind of wish they’d rearranged the theater mode for the offline version of UX a bit but oh well.

I also hope this game one day gets a console remake that streamlines things a bit and cuts out a lot of the fluff. There’s an interesting story here that in my opinion doesn’t deserve to stay stuck in a dead gacha title. Especially since:

A: Like pretty much every other KH game this is fully canon to the main story

and

B: It seems like a lot of events here are going to be pretty important to the new story arc going forward so it’d make sense to put it somewhere where more people would be willing to experience it

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So out of curiosity, has there been any official word as to when next month the offline/full version of Dark Road is coming out yet?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The final update for Dark Road has been delayed from this month to a currently unspecified date.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dark Road will be out this winter:

https://twitter.com/KINGDOMHEARTS/status/1445402204190515216

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dark Road has a release date and UX is getting a 3D sequel (also KH4):

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Amk-jeSIrlQ

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

That 2nd thing looked pretty bad, with the Smash Assist Trophies, but when I saw it was a mobile game, and not a full console title... Eh. I'll probably give it a shot.

4, though, looks like it's gonna rely way to much on Flowmotion. Bleh.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The full version of Dark Road finally drops on the 26th:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=5isiZBQdufw

Hopefully that whole save data backup they had us make a while back is still transferable

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dark Road is out now, your save data backup is automatically loaded upon starting the game and items/cards can now be bought using EXP

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

The time has finally come. The final Version 5.0.0 Update is live on the Google Play Store and the iOS App Store.

The Dark Seeker Saga has basically reached its full conclusion with this (treating it as an Epilogue of sorts).

It's been quite the ride these past few years. Until Missing Link and whatever comes next, may your heart be your guiding key.

:wave:

https://twitter.com/kh_dr_na/status/1563082723257774080

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Larryb posted:

Dark Road is out now, your save data backup is automatically loaded upon starting the game

Not for me, guess I messed up somehow :(

Oh well, time to enjoy all this wonderful gameplay one more time

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Some gameplay info on the upcoming UX sequel Missing Link:

https://www.kh13.com/news/updates-kingdom-hearts-missing-link-details-control-styles-new-screenshots-r3772/

This…doesn’t look great so far to be honest so I’m hoping this is either showing off some kind of multiplayer mode and the main game will be different and/or some things will get changed for the better in the final version

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jan 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Missing Link trailer:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=QaLyl_QigHE