Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

upstate ny is like 40% of the state's population though? seems like a pretty big oversight for a poll

Seems unlikely that the exits are just NYC precincts anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

There is a rule in college football in the spring when rosters come out. "All weight change is good weight change." Guy lost weight? He will be faster, good change! Guy gained weight, he will be stronger, good change!

Similarly, in bernout minds, all voting issues are good for Clinton.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Probably closer to 40-50, depending on the ultimate margin.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Concerned Citizen posted:

I'm being conservative and assuming a less than 10 point win. It's completely possible it's like 40-50.

Based on exit polling so far a <10 point win seems pretty unlikely.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Probably Magic posted:

I think most Republicans have just given up on the primary process at this point, but then, maybe some turnout data would prove me wrong.

Anyway, CNN has 60% Clinton 40% Sanders, where's this 52% Clinton number coming from.

60/40 is 1% reporting results; 52-48 is exit polling.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Yoshifan823 posted:

If this is true, and I'm sure it's not, this is loving terrible for Bernie.

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/722596411544625153

Nate Cohn does election modeling for the NYT and has been generally on the money in correlating race and result during primaries.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Vladimir Putin posted:

What the gently caress is the white areas of NYC.

Neighborhoods that are majority white? The people making that point are looking at precinct level data, not the higher level abstractions on the NYT and Guardian websites. For example:

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/722596245345288196

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Yoshifan823 posted:

Hey, NYC goons, what's in Greenpoint? It's got the biggest percentage of Bernie supporters by far.

Hipsters.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Concerned Citizen posted:

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/722597120365240321

hillary doing well with her "consolidate the banks" plan.

58-42 in majority 50-100k areas and 63-37 in <50k areas so pretty good overall.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Condiv posted:

on a side note, why is a republican of all things running uncontested in new york?

Staten Island sucks.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Sanders is currently losing Rochester and Syracuse, and only a little ahead in Buffalo.

This is really not his night.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Spiros posted:

I've been led to understand there are a number of US names not released yet because they're still doing research. I find it odd that there aren't any notable US names in the leak so far so the possibility exists to me.

US citizens mostly just use DE and NV shell corps. No need to go to Panama.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Condiv posted:

hmm, then i must've imagined her benefiting from that ruling this election

So you're saying Sanders supports lowering tax rates?

Huge if true.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

TwinsensRevenge posted:

well of course it is, after tonight all the southern states are finally behind him

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/722605858702667777

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

lamentable dustman posted:

Jeff Weaver sounding desperate

Where? I love sad Weaver.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Probably Magic posted:

Why didn't Warner run? His name has been bouncing around forever.

Or that one former mayor of Newark, Corey Booker?

Because both of them had no desire to go up against Clinton, who had more influence with the party and more support lined up, and because (at least in Booker's case) he'd have a chance in the future anyway.

Biden might have run but I doubt he'd have stayed in after Beau. :(

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

logikv9 posted:

he keeps hitting on women on twitter

He's definitely hit on friends of mine sooooo ain't gay.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Probably Magic posted:

It's irritating to see, because it smacks of nostalgia for the Clinton years, which increasingly blows off the drawbacks of his policies.

It's really not about that, though. A lot of D politicians really like and respect Hillary for her time in the Senate, as Sec State, and campaigning for them. Her party support derives from her work for the party, not Bill's time leading it. Even Reid and Kennedy, who organized Obama's run against her in 2008, have come around some.

People have this weird idea that no one likes Hillary. Lots of people like Hillary. Lots of people in the Democratic Party especially.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Probably Magic posted:

Bernie also is a nice person who cares about people.

He's really not a nice person.

He cares about "the people" in the abstract but he doesn't give a poo poo about specific people and is frequently a dick to specific ones (especially if they're women.)

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

*This* is the best response.

https://twitter.com/JohnDingell/status/722629311996555264

John Dingell's Twitter account is a national treasure.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Schnorkles posted:

you ain't lyin, this guy's twitter is awesome.

He was also an awesome Representative. For fifty years.

(Including introducing a bill for a national health insurance system each and every session of Congress.)

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

oystertoadfish posted:

john dingell was one of the nra's best friends in the democratic caucus, he helped defang gun control legislation after columbine for example
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/daily/june99/house18.htm

Yeah, that's probably the biggest blemish on his record. All in all, a good rep, even if he sometimes did dumb things.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

It felt like the Sanders campaign sent mixed messages tonight and we're kind of all over the place. It makes it feel like they were caught kind of off guard by the results. The way they were talking today it seemed like they expected a much closer race and maybe the numbers just really left them unsure what the next step is. I'm very interested to see how they react tomorrow once they e had a chance to regroup.

Yeah, I hate Weaver and Devine because they always seem to be the guys pushing Bernie towards more questionable attacks and saying iffy stuff, but you can't really expect them to be the ones to call when their pay checks stop. Advisers kind of have a vested interest in advising you to keep running.

Kinda feels like there's an increasing split between Devine and Weaver on strategy. Sanders seems to be buying into Weaver's bullshit, which is worse than Devine's, sooooo.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

He, uh, is quoting someone else.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Immortan posted:

Forums poster 'Concerned Citizen' is actually a fervent :shillary: supporter.

Oh hey how you feeling? We missed you!

58-42 feels pretty good, right?

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

The best part about Hillary beating the poo poo out of Trump in the general is going to be you breaking down crying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

jisforjosh posted:

I'm really amazed at how close the 25-29 vote is. Obama disillusionment?

25-29 has tended to break heavily for Sanders in past results so I think it's the opposite of Obama disillusionment.

• Locked thread