Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Tenzarin posted:

Hey don't be bitter cone bro, the xbone is the one console not on the rerelease cycle yet.

Actually it was the first one to have console rerelease rumors and they're still going strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The OP even links that loving thread in his massive screed

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Black Baby Goku posted:

Listen, this thread is populated entirely by the Xbox One is bad crowd. It needs to be exterminated or remade and not by a human being like the OP

Your point? This is a serious problem going forward. Devs will have to target new machines, might destroy certain A or AA publishers that cannot handle all additional platforms going forward. We haven't even got started the console generation and it's being kneecapped to provide "value"

They are saying for instance the PS4.0 is required to have support. But with the current optimization happening currently, the PS 4.0 might turn into PS3 level ports while PS4.5 keeps the standard sub-optimization.

Like for instance DS 3 and BB. I can guarantee sequels on the PS 4.5 these titles will still be 30 fps, while PS4.0 will either have same res and 10-30fps or drop to sub he and maintain the same framerate. Multiplayer is also a problem: when PS4.0 has half the frames of PS4.5, there is going to be a clear advantage on the PS4.5 people. Not to mention early adopters are honestly being thrown under the bus.

What is happening with phones for instance adopted this hardware style and currently there is a stagnation; too many phones in too little time. Will we see this in consoles soon? It's hard to say. This is a crucial step into iterative gaming, and it won't split the userbase per se; it will give a clear issue on buying products that will be obsoleted much too soon.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Black Baby Goku posted:

Listen, this thread is populated entirely by the Xbox One is bad crowd. It needs to be exterminated or remade and not by a human being like the OP

At least half are posters I've never seen before, and SPOA and Stux aren't here yet. It's like a quarter-tank at best.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

If Microsoft creates an Xbox that blends Xbox with the Windows app store and allows Xbox games to be sold through the MS app store, it can make lots and lots and lots of money.

What this does is allows Microsoft to take a cut of video game sales through the app store, kills off the secondhand game market which is what they've been wanting to do since before the bone, and dip into Steam sales on the PC. If I had the opportunity to buy a new game and I had a new Xbox, I'd buy the Xbox/PC compatible version rather than the solely PC version via Steam.

Most of the highest-selling/highly grossing apps on the app store(s) are games anyways, meaning they can microtransaction the poo poo out of people as well. Blend it with their tablet(s) too via in-home streaming? gently caress me.

As it stands, MS has: 1) Bullshit in the form of apps on the app store, 2) devices that serve no purpose on their own other than business/school really, and 3) a major stake in the video game world as both the primary carrier of PC gaming and the Xbox. They can get good apps (games, really), devices connected to a centralized Xbox for gaming/TV on the toilet/in bed/etc. and can take market share from Steam/Origin and simply expand upon their current Xbox vs. PC business. This also allows them a higher margin as a loss-leader because their users can be more easily monetized when they use a PC, an Xbox, and maybe a Tablet.

Of course, this is Microsoft so we'll just get a thinner tablet and a smaller Xbox that generates a loss because Sony is simply better at devices than Microsoft.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

theultimo posted:

Your point? This is a serious problem going forward. Devs will have to target new machines, might destroy certain A or AA publishers that cannot handle all additional platforms going forward. We haven't even got started the console generation and it's being kneecapped to provide "value"

They are saying for instance the PS4.0 is required to have support. But with the current optimization happening currently, the PS 4.0 might turn into PS3 level ports while PS4.5 keeps the standard sub-optimization.

Like for instance DS 3 and BB. I can guarantee on the PS 4.5 these titles will still be 30 fps, while PS4.0 will either have same res and 10-30fps or drop to sub he and maintain the same framerate. Multiplayer is also a problem: when PS4.0 has half the frames of PS4.5, there is going to be a clear advantage on the PS4.5 people. Not to mention early adopters are honestly being thrown under the bus.

What is happening with phones for instance adopted this hardware style and currently there is a stagnation; too many phones in too little time. Will we see this in consoles soon? It's hard to say. This is a crucial step into iterative gaming, and it won't split the username per se; it will give a clear issue on buying products that will be obsoleted much too soon.

Didn't read a single word. gently caress you!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

univbee posted:

At least half are posters I've never seen before, and SPOA and Stux aren't here yet. It's like a quarter-tank at best.

gently caress you

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Black Baby Goku posted:

The OP even links that loving thread in his massive screed

Come post with us my lord. :wink:

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

ummmmmmm hi we're trying to have a discussion about videogames here

thanks

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bass Bottles posted:

ummmmmmm hi we're trying to have a discussion about videogames here

thanks

gently caress you. Go back to your loving thread and stop posting here

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
what's the point of the new PS4?

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

boom boom boom posted:

what's the point of the new PS4?

People are saying for 4K media and a better VR baseline so PSVR has an easier target.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Remember though that more and more gamedev is being done via scalable middleware engines like ue4 & unity. Sony is likely banking on downgrading for the PS4.0 being relatively simple.

Which probably has a grounding in reality if the existing flood of HD remasters on the PS4 is anything to go by.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

theultimo posted:

People are saying for 4K media and a better VR baseline so PSVR has an easier target.

that's dumb

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Instant Sunrise posted:

Remember though that more and more gamedev is being done via scalable middleware engines like ue4 & unity. Sony is likely banking on downgrading for the PS4.0 being relatively simple.

Which probably has a grounding in reality if the existing flood of HD remasters on the PS4 is anything to go by.

True, considering scalability it should be easy to target multiple console iterations. I'm just worried about optimization. At least with the PC front you have options to change settings, I'm hoping Baseline PS4 would have some, but I doubt it

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Last of Us Remastered Platinum

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

If Microsoft creates an Xbox that blends Xbox with the Windows app store and allows Xbox games to be sold through the MS app store, it can make lots and lots and lots of money.

What this does is allows Microsoft to take a cut of video game sales through the app store, kills off the secondhand game market which is what they've been wanting to do since before the bone, and dip into Steam sales on the PC. If I had the opportunity to buy a new game and I had a new Xbox, I'd buy the Xbox/PC compatible version rather than the solely PC version via Steam.

Most of the highest-selling/highly grossing apps on the app store(s) are games anyways, meaning they can microtransaction the poo poo out of people as well. Blend it with their tablet(s) too via in-home streaming? gently caress me.

As it stands, MS has: 1) Bullshit in the form of apps on the app store, 2) devices that serve no purpose on their own other than business/school really, and 3) a major stake in the video game world as both the primary carrier of PC gaming and the Xbox. They can get good apps (games, really), devices connected to a centralized Xbox for gaming/TV on the toilet/in bed/etc. and can take market share from Steam/Origin and simply expand upon their current Xbox vs. PC business. This also allows them a higher margin as a loss-leader because their users can be more easily monetized when they use a PC, an Xbox, and maybe a Tablet.

Of course, this is Microsoft so we'll just get a thinner tablet and a smaller Xbox that generates a loss because Sony is simply better at devices than Microsoft.

The windows store is nothing but the new form of Games for Windows Live. Thats right your in a DBZ movie, NOW WE FIGHT FREEZERS BROTHER! The cancer of PC gaming is back!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i actually like univbee

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Tenzarin posted:

The windows store is nothing but the new form of Games for Windows Live. Thats right your in a DBZ movie, NOW WE FIGHT FREEZERS BROTHER! The cancer of PC gaming is back!

Wasn't it plagued by always-on requirements as DRM and poo poo netcode? Both could be fixed if they gave a poo poo. Concept would/should have worked.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Sony probably just wants to make a new PS4 that can read UHD Blu-Ray discs and supports HDCP 2.2

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

Wasn't it plagued by always-on requirements as DRM and poo poo netcode? Both could be fixed if they gave a poo poo. Concept would/should have worked.

It had a lot of problems, just like the new thing does. It takes years to build a platform that doesn't suck.

But also, I think it faces the Google+ problem. Steam (like Facebook) is already established, and no matter how good you make your competitor, you have a crazy uphill battle.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Bass Bottles posted:

It had a lot of problems, just like the new thing does. It takes years to build a platform that doesn't suck.

But also, I think it faces the Google+ problem. Steam (like Facebook) is already established, and no matter how good you make your competitor, you have a crazy uphill battle.

Don't forget, the game they start the Windows Store exclusiveness is pretty mediocre.

I started on steam before there was even a store and the only games you could play was half life and counterstrike.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

Microsoft isn't very good at making workable solutions. They do whatever theoretically gets them the most money, give zero fucks about anything else, and then get all confused when nobody buys their stuff because it was missing what had been industry-standard features for the last decade or two.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Eonwe posted:

i actually like univbee

You don't lie well

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

To be honest Sony is doing stuff that people could buy, outside of consoles, only because they went the android route. The last time Sony Ericsson attempted at doing something original they brought the Xperia Play on the market, which was something people did not need, in that form, and on top of it was stealing the thunder from PSVita.

PS4 was a desperate move, but it was made fully knowing that the company could go away without distributing golden parachutes. PSVr and Neo... Eeeh, after buying in the move, and seeing how they could abandon the vita to third parties after just one year I'd wait and see.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i never really read the xbone thread i dont know what was up with it, but I assume it couldnt be much worse than the star citizen thread

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
That would be be be be Xbox one ram android android operating system PS four Kanio Morpheus VR headset triggered kak I am a better cook I am a cock I'm gay I'm gay I'm gay chip bush cook serve it is Jeb Bush jet Bush eights HTH HTH aids cock sir I am a retard I am a big fat loving rear end testing dictation mode on my iPhone 6 Plus because I make 60 K a year I don't have to spend thousands of loving hours talking endlessly about the Xbox next bone ram situation over countless threads over countless years a homosexuals need to be put to death sorry that was conservative a.m. talk radio not me it's picking up the radio it's picking up NPR 864 in Pottsville65 in Lancaster 24th at the Fulton theater is presenting Clifford the big red dog this Thursday tickets available in Lancaster online radio lab is next on W I TF from Harrisburg Lancaster 9999 five Chambersburg 93 three and or online at WIP as well your home for NPR news in all things regional it's 2 o'clock

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Eonwe posted:

i never really read the xbone thread i dont know what was up with it, but I assume it couldnt be much worse than the star citizen thread

It's nutsack-free right now. Is that better or worse?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im not gonna lie, I wasn't paying attention at work yesterday and I hovered over a spoiler tag and saw a goons nuts at work

was kind of shocked

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Eonwe posted:

im not gonna lie, I wasn't paying attention at work yesterday and I hovered over a spoiler tag and saw a goons nuts at work

was kind of shocked

I think you're exaggerating somewhat.

I mean, how do you know it was a goon's nuts? Was there an SA grenade tat on them?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's this intense fog in the twin towers in the twin towers were behind him covering the fog been at the top and there's a little like cuticle sliver of moon light in the sky and the foghorns are going on boats are honking their horn's and and there's this breeze standing there I was playing I was reallyThe Brooklyn Bridge there it's mono Fog in that air in the whole thing was breathing the whole Bonita raspberry everything felt connected the spiritual level to the city for the first time and so skip skip skip decided to stay New York for a while for a while over the world or just people on the landscape Ron I am Robert radio lab and I talked today cityhard to know where to start because everything has its own unique feel them on the plane I'm in my own kind of groove on my stuff off the plane into the airport and it's just like with the first step in wall of something is different like you feel the difference in your bum because I'm here

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
kai rysdall is a hack

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
He says to calculate the number of syllables per second write something to .73 syllables per second Springfield mass of 3.45 syllables per second and this week not really sure it's fun to stay plus I could be Nashville is Nashville 2.65 syllables percent but the whole talking thing Tyler we have to put out a call to radio lab machines everywhere we can begin at the library and study good morning my love I'm according and scope out business and shop to me the whole roll of dreams that string to measure out the one end to the side for going to ready to start it was actually harder than you would sell you stuff 12.131 6.1.5 seconds just to bring it down on the high-end he's got that step step step step step of government nervous she's not take on average 10.76 seconds to compare that to Buchanan step step step step step in around something actually going to head to get a teen pink Laos whose walk is coming the same asking about

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
I can't wait for all the games on the PS4.0 to be barely-playable slideshows a year after the 4.5 comes out because devs are poo poo at optimizing games and they want you to upgrade anyway.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Popular Human posted:

I can't wait for all the games on the PS4.0 to be barely-playable slideshows a year after the 4.5 comes out because devs are poo poo at optimizing games and they want you to upgrade anyway.

Most devs probably won't care if you upgrade unless they're first party

They'd rather get the biggest user base for their games

I don't think it will be a huge problem but there will always be some upsets along this journey called life

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Popular Human posted:

Actually told me we haven't been walking about 60 feet of 12.67 seconds just telling the number of a population is the baby actual population and every way $15,500 wow Number of whole time they can tell you all about the same place I can tell you how much crime the restaurant fancy restaurant all of these things when are you saying that just from the number of footsteps in time that you can talk but can you tell me how many libraries that are better girly how many. That's John Avera he's written about Louise and Jeff and he's got us thinking about China and when the call comes in the footsteps of reflection of the deep and fundamental pattern that governs everything just one back what is it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
but still id love to play halo on my PC

would own

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/notaxation/status/722487768291479554

Eonwe posted:

but still id love to play halo on my PC

would own

Get Halo: Online, then?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just created a profile for every size your 1 million 7 million or 12 here's how many things you specifically that's right so what are some cities in her size about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Black Baby Goku posted:

Actually told me we haven't been walking about 60 feet of 12.67 seconds just telling the number of a population is the baby actual population and every way $15,500 wow Number of whole time they can tell you all about the same place I can tell you how much crime the restaurant fancy restaurant all of these things when are you saying that just from the number of footsteps in time that you can talk but can you tell me how many libraries that are better girly how many. That's John Avera he's written about Louise and Jeff and he's got us thinking about China and when the call comes in the footsteps of reflection of the deep and fundamental pattern that governs everything just one back what is it

I agree, you are like the picture perfect xbone user.

• Locked thread