Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
i feel like all those cool games that sony showed last year like last guardian and the robot dinosaur one are going to Play Best on PSNeo and it makes me really sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

if this is how its going to be then i hope the ps5 or w/e the iteration after the neo is called supports neo games, then i can at least skip one iteration and play the exclusives i missed on the cheap a few years later

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

univbee posted:

There's a belief that, much like iPhone and Android, at least the PS4 will keep building on its same core and compatibility will at least carry forward.

yeah i know people want to believe that, but thinking back on how the games industry has handled remasters and hd editions and poo poo how likely is that really?

it would be nice if they clarified when they officially announce if they are going to aim towards at least like 3 generations of compatibility ie new games work on ps4, neo, ps5 then when ps5 comes out games will work for neo, ps5, pstrinity etc

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

"new"

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

ms got amd on the cheap in exchange for making dx12 run like poo poo on nvidia

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

bring back old gbs posted:

agreed. my pitch:

u run a small pokemon blog. its up to u to bike around town and find cool pokemon to take pictures of for ur blog. sometimes you can help people around town on quests and they will in turn call you later on when they see a cool pokemon "Hey theres a Charizard taking a drink by the lake! Hurry he won't be here long!" So you hop on your bike and try to get to that part of town and hope it's still there, but there's other cool stuff on the way to distract you. There's also little kids running around town and they will offer to tell you where something cool is for a few bucks($$$$real world money why not$$$$). That's basically the lottery portion(gotta have gambling) and sometimes the kids will be right, sometimes they will be lying and its just a kakuna.

what if the pokemon were playing beach volleyball

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Bass Bottles posted:

Also, the new Zelda has been delayed to 2017, and an NX version is officially confirmed.

:monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

i find the difference in bitrate between streaming and bluray pretty noticeable sometimes, particularly with macroblocking in low light scenes

the sad thing is i think netflix could probably fix that without going all the way to bluray level bitrates but i guess most people just dont give a poo poo

to tie it into the topic, this is why the push for 4k is such a joke to me, nothing except uhd blurays have the bitrate to make it worth it

• Locked thread