Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

limaCAT posted:

This looks like a problem shared with every single platform with every single "game maker" ever, see Shoot em' Up Construction Kit, Adventure Construction Set... (yeah, I know, I'm old).
Bill Budge gonna getcha for not mentioning Pinball Construction Set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

univbee posted:

Was there even a non-janky system before like the Dreamcast? I think every console up to that point was really scrub-tier hardware with really obvious deficiencies if you kept an eye on its lazy shovelware devs, but that would come together in such a way that super-nerds (e.g. Naughty Dog on PS1) could perform what was basically magic with it.
Yeah, getting around a badly designed console's limitations with clever development has been a thing from the first consoles probably clear up through the PS3. Even the Dreamcast probably only seems easier because it ran Windows CE. And for what it's worth, the popular PC titles that came out in 95 are things like Descent and X-Wing vs Tie Fighter which are great games but wouldn't shame a PS1 in the graphics department.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

limaCAT posted:

Sorry, wrong thread.
Hey, an Android is sort of like a console...

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

A good poster posted:

They're never going to make one of those VR cases able to hold a Nexus 7 tablet, are they?
Oh man, it would be huge and awkward but I would like that way more than my lovely phone, my phone fits the Viewmaster goggle but it's such a piece of garbage to look at that I never picked it up again

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

gently caress this smaller Xbox poo poo, embrace what you're good at. Make an Xbox that ships with its own flatbed trailer

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

univbee posted:

"We've already failed at it once, that makes us more likely to get it right next time!"
you just described the entire 3DS product line

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

the 3ds is a last gen system
Less than that even, the Vita is probably more powerful, but that didn't really help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Super No Vacancy posted:

thread for retards
so, all of them then?

• Locked thread