Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Dating someone who moved here from taiwan for grad school and stayed to teach when she was done, pretty solid relationship prolly the best I've ever had. Some differences in cultural values are pretty obvious, notably relationship with family, but overall I wouldn't say it's much different than dating a white girl she's just ultimately a better person than most people I've dated in the past. I'd say the biggest plus of dating an immigrant is that she's politically active and left but not in the annoying way of fixating on every minor symptom of bigger problems, more economically minded than whether or not it's okay to point out a two piece isn't very flattering on fat girls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

City of Tampa posted:

i don;t think I've ever even seen a black woman dating a white guy, is this something that actually happens?

because black chicks are hot, especially when they don't have any tattoos or babies and talk like white chicks.

I've dated a black girl before for a couple of months, she pretty much exclusively dated white dudes. I think her mom was remarried to a white dude also and had told her as a kid about how bad black men were so there was some ingrained issues there. Was a nice person to date but I ended up calling things off as I gradually learned more about her financial situation and realized how bad she was with money, she was deffo the type of person that would have been caught by that housing bubble crash.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Cuckoo posted:

Me rn I'm a biracial black/Hispanic female and dating a guy white as the driven snow. It's awesome and were very happy :)

I've dated men from different races and cultures and who gives a gently caress? However, sometimes while walking around together we get dirty looks from old white people and, surprisingly, black guys and rarely girls.

As a white dude dating a thin asian girl I get some pretty nasty looks from white (particularly fat) women.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Also old white people sometimes look kind of perturbed but it's a p conservative area and I doubt that'd be an issue in a major city.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Gaunab posted:

It's weird that white guys think they have the pick of the litter when it comes to dating women.
I feel like this comes more from minorities than the other way around.

• Locked thread