Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StXRi5zPPjk

New trailer that Sony didn't bother to show for some dumb reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
NeoGaf (I know) has a nice summary of the aforementioned video information if you don't mind spoilers. There's also an interview where Yoko Taro shits on his own story.
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1343664

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Generally good but still drops frames and at specific times performs worse than the regular version for whatever reason.

Yoko Taro wrote a thing on the US PS Blog.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/03/03/nier-automata-was-fueled-by-an-unknown-passion/

It's pretty sweet.

Yo, Yoko Taro is the best. I can't wait to play this.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

please credit me when you quote me

Are you seriously going to be openly admitting that you plagiarized me on a public forum? Can't wait to purchase the video game equivalent of the paintings atop the Sistine Chapel.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
It sticks around but if you want to 100% the game make sure you don't pass the halfway mark of the game leaving any side quests unfinished.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Man it's so good, I'm so happy this exists.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
I think the combat on hard is legit good, you just die quickly. Your dodge is really overpowered in this game.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
I don't want to sound like an expert on action games or anything, for reference I could never pure platinum Bayonetta or the equivalent on Rising, but I enjoy hard in this game a lot. It's very different from those games, I think the pod usage is way more vital than say, the guns in bayonetta which are basically combo extenders. The starting pod laser does good damage and has a nice area of effect. Chip usage is definitely key. Auto item basically is always a get out of jail free card as long as your health is topped off. I think the dodging is really good in this game, maybe because I'm coming from nioh which had a roll I was never fully comfortable with. I basically beat the desert boss without getting hit and it was exhilarating. 9S actually does a good job distracting enemies so you get breathing room you don't get in other action games. Healing items are cheap, use them. I think enemies doing high damage is fine considering all the ways you have to mitigate that damage.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

mysterious frankie posted:

The design is a huge joke. She's wearing a skirt with a split in the front so you can see her crotch and when she runs the back rides up so that her flexing butt cheeks are visible. The first ladder I went down after the introduction placed the camera right up against her rear end as she descended. Hell, when she self destructs you're basically blowing her skirt up so that the butt's hanging out there for a while. It's intentionally pervy to the point where it comes off like a joke about leering at a virtual character that you can manipulate as you please. At the same time it was meticulously designed by, I think Taro said, an rear end obsessed member of the team. So, essentially, *picture of old el paso girl saying "why not both?"*

EDIT: I mean huge joke as in it's a visual joke intentionally made by the developers, not in a "I'm literally shaking" sort of way.

Don't you have to really gently caress with the camera to get an up skirt, and then she moves the camera away? She's a cute anime chick in a video game, I think her outfit is more subdued compared to the relative standards of the medium, but I dunno.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
http://wegotthiscovered.com/gaming/interview-yoko-taro-nier-automata/

Spoilery interview with Taro, don't read it unless you've beaten the game. It's pretty good, you really get an idea of his process for this stuff and mindset in general.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Nuebot posted:

How do you do this race bullshit. No matter how fast I go he always gets there like a second before I do.

Hit him with the slow pod program at the beginning of the race, and in the final race get your best overclock chip, run down the path toward the enemies, perfect dodge, then while time is slowed book it to the finish.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
I just beat ending C, was an absolutely wonderful experience all the way through. The ending sequence with A2 giving that line about the beauty of the world was really well done, the voice actress sold the poo poo out of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

quote:

SQUARE ENIX® announced that the worldwide shipment and digital sales of the critically acclaimed action-RPG, NieR: Automata™ have exceeded one million.

Upon its release for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and PC last month, the game received critical acclaim across the world for its fantastic blend of action-packed high-speed 60 fps battles, and deep, captivating storyline from Director YOKO TARO (NIER®, Drakengard® series).

Developed in collaboration with PlatinumGames Inc., NieR: Automata delivers the perfect mix of action and RPG gameplay. Players will battle as androids 2B, 9S and A2 as they fight to reclaim the world for their human creators and uncover truths long forgotten.

Success for Yoko Taro...what a world