Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Yoko Taro is the loving best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Yo I want to punch things but the basic hands aren't holding up anymore, can someone tell me in spoilers exactly where and when I can get some goddamn combat bracers? Thanks.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Boy oh boy do a wide range of sidequests open up after that hole does.

I wish these gave some indication of their difficulty level so I would stop getting murdered as a parade security guard. I'm having a rough time with the difficulty in this game in general, because Normal is far too easy and Hard is far too hard. I cannot even imagine what Very Hard is like.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man now that I'm in Route B it feels like my memory is playing tricks on me. I keep trying to find locked chests I had marked mentally and not being able to do so, and then like 20 minutes of searching later I find out I was thinking of a completely different place.

drat my obsessive need to open all of these.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I think the one thing that has really disappointed me in this game so far is that weapons don't change their model when being upgraded, and honestly most of the effects on them are pretty samey and uninteresting. I always liked the weapon collecting and upgrading of the Drakengard games and the fact that each weapon was visually distinct at each upgrade level and often had some sort of unique aspect to it really helped. In this game the weapons are just kinda there. I was briefly excited to get not-Hymir's Finger but it's just not the same if I'm not upgrading it from a broken down hilt to a full sized megasword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man when you're just doing the mission critical path things go a lot quicker, huh? Pretty close to beating Route B, kind of excited to get into Route C since I hear that is when things go full Taro Yoko. Will probably clean up some outstanding sidequests before doing so, even though I know I could come back and do them later.