Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Mega64 posted:

Alternatively, play through A and B and Youtube C and D.

Don't do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Arist posted:

Play in English

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

A friend of mine who wanted to see the story was still dying in easy so she's just watching me play instead. Oh well, I'd been looking for an excuse to replay anyways. It's odd since she managed to complete horizon. I guess ranged combat is just more her comfort zone.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah it’s been weeks and I still don’t get how that one goon’s girlfriend apparently couldn’t play even with the auto chips on

Just a friend, but I couldn't believe it myself but I was watching when it happened. She's just really bad at brawlers. She was able to complete HZD on easy.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I can understand that. Level seems to be the most important thing when it comes to damage and defense so if you're under leveled it will be a huge slog to kill anything.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

RE: lategame Pascal am I the only person who walked away without doing anything?

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Heads up that the Automata world guide/artbook has a release date of May 7. https://www.amazon.com/NieR-Automata-World-Guide-1/dp/150671031X

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Imhotep posted:

I just came here to ask what exactly this is, but for the price, even if it’s an art book it was worth the price.

From what I've been able to figure out, its the JP artbook that's been out for a while, but translated to english..

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

World Guide arrived :toot:

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Last week I finished a 2nd playthrough and did the thing at the end. Today I noticed a message on my steam profile:

(hella loving endgame spoilers here)

https://i.imgur.com/3b293xo.png

:kimchi:

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

IIRC leveling is in and it scales crazily so that no matter how much trouble someone is having on a boss, you can grind a bit and outlevel it easily to keep going through the story.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Sounds like you're doing fine. Just keep playing :) There are spoilers in here sometimes but please pop in to give impressions.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Professor of Cats posted:

I wish I could enjoy this game for the first time again. Sigh. So months later, here I am, reading everyone else's 'first time'.

:hai:

New folks, please keep posting :3:

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

MonsieurChoc posted:

Give me HD Drakengard: my PS2 copy hangs on the loading screen.

It's doing you a favor.

(It emulates well)

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

OG Nier emulation is getting pretty good these days and there are rumblings about a remaster so I'd give it maybe 6 months to see if there's some news before watching an LP.

Its definitely not a BAD game, but the combat is very chunky, on hit knockback hilarious, and the game completely disrespects your time at a couple of spots but i'm overall glad I played it and in fact did it completely twice.

Boogalo fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jan 14, 2020

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Reminder the Nier orchestra concert is in chicago in 2 weeks and the Saturday show still has lots of seats left.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Midjack posted:

See you in Chicago tomorrow, assuming the plane can get me there at least!

:yeah:

Ready to cry like a giant baby for 2 hours.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

RubberLuffy posted:

I'm near the theater in chicago just waiting and killing time. I'm so excited

I just landed at O'Hare. Gonna barely make it. 7 hours of flight delays

Edit:. gently caress yeah. Made it. If you see a black GDQ hoodie, say hi

Boogalo fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jan 26, 2020

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

That was pretty cool, down in 110. Time to find food

Edit: at the bar in Gibson's in the DoubleTree.

Boogalo fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jan 26, 2020

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Cephas posted:

The Colossus boss fight but with PS4 graphics and a budget :getin:

And

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpMfr1zE1Xc

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Looking forward to the full live drum line and choral version of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEOaWX_TFLE

Though it might just be perfect the way it is.

Boogalo fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jun 2, 2020

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I'd not heard this before it is incredible.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

It doesn't help that the worst part of Automata is the prologue where you're just learning the game and everything is confusing and you can't save yet.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Automata's gameplay is just fine. Its the folks who go on about how deep it is and its god's gift to action games who are super annoying. Sure you can get really into combos and stuff or you can just gain a couple levels and spam attack and dodge. It's no Bayonetta or DMC where the gameplay is the centerpoint.

The level of gameplay I want in a Nier game at this point is "good enough that it doesn't feel awful to try to get to the next cool story point or setpiece". Automata is there, OG Nier was definitely not (though I did complete it), so I look forward to the remake too.

The chunkiness of Nier combat fit pretty well with reluctant idiot Dad stumbling across the world fighting shadows even though it felt not great to play. It being all smooth with a young protag will be weird.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

It runs surprisingly capably at 1080p on a 1090t black 8gb ram and 1070. It eventually hardlocks after an hour and I don't know why but before crashing its a solid 60fps. Steam nier would never run well even with kmod on the same setup. On my 3770k 1070ti it runs great at 1440p while steam struggled slightly and was still pretty unstable and finnicky.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

A lot of ff14's crossover stuff is just "well, I'm here now but am from somewhere else" which I'm pretty ok with since its all out of universe fluff. Didn't care much about the plot but for me the good poo poo emotional hits are trying to keep my poo poo together while the extremely good Nier/ff14 mashups play through bosses. Last boss of of 3rd raid was brutal for this since they saved the best track for last.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

At least Drakengard 3's gameplay is pretty decent it just runs at 5fps.

There's an emulator hack to get it running at 60 and its the first thing that's made me seriously consider finally upgrading my CPU.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

That stuff is hardly DIRE. Automata had combinations of wouldn't run, detect correct resolutions, or correct input devices on all 3 computers I tried it on without the fan patch.

Still, getting on pc so I can hack through any tedious bullshit they've left in.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I got the CE but steam version so while the box might come tomorrow I hope they email the game code sometime soon-ish :sun:

Edit: found the dang code it was in a link at the dead bottom of the invoice email from a few weeks ago. No way to get to it through the store website.

Boogalo fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Apr 23, 2021

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Shoehead posted:

So.. I went to start installing Nier and it errored out and isnt in my Steam library any more

uhhhhh same. entered my steam version CE key last night.

refreshed around noon, hit install, got an invalid platform error, restarted steam and now its gone.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Rupert of Hentzau posted:

It looks like they've managed to bollocks up the config somehow and set it as a non-Windows game. If you go to the store page it'll still show as in your library, you just can't install it.

Starting the install from the store page is working now.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I just restarted steam and now its downloading another 700 megs. Maybe it was the free costume.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I competed OG nier and was kinda missing dad somethin fierce today but Liam Obrien finally showed up and all is right with the world again. He's hamming this one up even harder than the original and it's fantastic

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Thanks for the RAM timing tip. 3770k @ 4.3 wasn't cpu capped and 1070ti was running 50% so went and peeked my poor DDR3 was only at 667mhz. cranked to 800 where it should have been and getting 60fps now up from 45-50.

Yes my cpu is 8 years old and still kicking.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Pollyanna posted:

God, this game really likes to make everything a loving ordeal, doesn’t it?

Life is an ordeal.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Story done time for the real Nier gameplay

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

The latest development release of specialk for Nier today fixed my weird fps problems and now I hit a solid 60 :toot:

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Vince MechMahon posted:

Grabbed the Automata world guides. Any chance at all of grimoire Nier getting a translation and English release finally with the Replicant remake?

They're reprinting Grimoire Nier so a translation isn't out of the question. Probably wouldn't release until next year or so if at all.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Weiss shut the gently caress up you're scaring the fish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

The DLC music is cool just imagine you're playing Tekken :sun: