Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

i'm hearing a lot of talk that drakenguard 3 knowledge is going to be important for neir automata.

I haven't heard anything of the sort but I liked Drakengard 3 way more than I should have so if some of it carries into Automata I will be happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I feel like that's the point. The character doesn't fit in the world because she's not from it

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The end of the Soul Box is one of my favorite scenes in the game. It was the big tipping point of how far 9S had fallen and he still had much further to go:stare:

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I'm phone posting, badly. I bought the OST on Amazon in the end, for 19 Euro. I want the physical, but shipping from Japan takes weeks or months

I ordered from Amazon Japan and it's arriving tomorrow on the default shipping. No clue how it might go for Europe but it might have gotten better for you guys

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

tweet my meat posted:

Wow so that Jackass fish mission just straight up kills you and ends the game huh? I'm not sure why they thought not having a basic autosave feature was a cool and immersive idea or that giving you a game over without any real "hey we're about to instantly kill you in a game with no autosave" warning would be funny or entertaining, but here we are.

This game seems really great, but with a few bafflingly bad designs here and there that I am amazed any competent studio would make. Not even a basic autosave system in a game made in 2017, the lovely camera often locks into a position where you can't actually see what you need to fight in bosses, poo poo like an instant kill joke ending without any real warning other than a "haha eat this, it might kill you or something".

Haha way to go on not reading text or saving often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Augus posted:

A2 needed more scenes though. A2 is great.
Ending D/E Spoilers:
9S stabbing her was extremely distressing for me and I'm relieved Yoko Taro chose not to turn me into a hollow wreck of a person this time

That cutscene in particular has stuck with me even after moving on to other games.