Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Infinitum posted:

The one where we lynch scum regardless of post count.

Sake of the argument. Lets lynch a lurker today. Who's your pick?

My vote's on Cpig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Murmur Twin posted:

What'd you learn?

that you're probably scum.

Murmur Twin posted:

A meta read on CPig, by itself, is not enough for me to mentally form a scum read on him.

then why did you vote for him just now? you keep going back to your cpig suspicions while simultaneously discrediting them. it screams "I know cpig is town and I like this push against him but I want to be able to jump off asap or otherwise not be blamed for it if it works."

Murmur Twin posted:

The fact that I think your original effortpost and followup OMGUS are scummy, are much stronger points that, in my mind, justify a scum read on you.

:ssh: it's not an omgus if it's based on content. That's a scummy way to dismiss my points against you.

Infinitum posted:

Honestly I don't like either you or KK for town atm, which is why I haven't moved my vote off Khris.
That's all well and good but why exactly? If you don't have reasons, then it looks like you only think I'm scum because I called you scummy (which, murmur pay attention, that's actually OMGUS).

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

##vote Infinitum

I'm masons with him and he scum claimed.

Cool thanks.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Ok!

##vote infinitum

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

##unvote ##vote Infinitum

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CCKeane posted:

##vote Infinitum

I'm masons with him and he scum claimed.

Cool thanks.

Actually what I did was run a gambit in masondoc posing as a traitor to try and out a scum.

CCKeane is town by the by.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
##unvote
##vote: Infinitum

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I am also in the mason doc and can confirm this happened

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Here's part of my role PM:
Fortunately, you have been able to make friends with some of the other musicals: Hair and How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying in particular. So much so that you are ABLE TO TALK OUTSIDE OF THE THREAD WITH THEM. You are a MASON.

I'm Town Mason.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Infinitum posted:

Here's part of my role PM:
Fortunately, you have been able to make friends with some of the other musicals: Hair and How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying in particular. So much so that you are ABLE TO TALK OUTSIDE OF THE THREAD WITH THEM. You are a MASON.

I'm Town Mason.

:stonk:

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

please don't quote role PM's...

and all scum were given fake role PM's as per the OP

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
lol omg

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Infinitum posted:

Actually what I did was run a gambit in masondoc posing as a traitor to try and out a scum.

CCKeane is town by the by.

This makes no sense to me in a mason doc that has more than 2 members and little sense in one that has 2.

##vote infinitum

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

I'll ##unvote so that there's no turbo for now. I want to hear from CCKeane first

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm going to wait until Max comments before I react.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

garthoneeye posted:

This makes no sense to me in a mason doc that has more than 2 members and little sense in one that has 2.

##vote infinitum

Members are myself, CCKeane and Kumbamontu.

I've never been in a masondoc with more than 2 people so I thought at least one of them has to be scum. So I can a gambit where I posed as a traitor to try and out one of them so we could "gang up" on the other one.
CCKeane is town based on how he reacted.

Kumba was real quite during all of this.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

quiet even

Max
Nov 30, 2002

THE loving OP posted:

You are forbidden from quoting any private communications with the moderators

"Matchmaker, matchmaker, plan me no plans.
I'm in no rush. maybe I've learned
Playing with matches a girl can get burned."

Infinitum, Fiddler on the roof, Mafia Mason was SHUT DOWN FOR HEALTH AND SAFETY VIOLATIONS on D1

It is now Night 1. Please send all of your Night Actions to Token Female

Max
Nov 30, 2002

To clarify, because I just got some questions about this:

Yes, Infinitum was scum. Mafia=Scum in this instance. Sorry for the confusion.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Everybody's got the right to some sunshine!
Not the sun, but maybe one of it's beams.
One of it's beams!
Rich man, poor man, black or white.
Everybody gets a bite, everybody's got the right to their dreams.
Everybody's got the right....to their dreams.......(gunshots!)

TNL, Assassins, Town Back-Up Cop was CANCELED on N1

It is Now Day 2. Deadline is Tuesday, April 26th, 10PM.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (11): Absurd Revolver, CapitalistPig, CCKeane, EccoRaven, garthoneeye, kaschei, Khris Kruel, Kumbamontu, Murmur Twin, SirSamVimes, tpink

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is April 26th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 12 hours.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Good morning, all. That was an ... interesting turn of events. So now we know (or are reasonably sure) that kumba and CCkeane are town. I know Infi was saying that kumba was being quiet in the mason doc but whatever.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

tpink posted:

Good morning, all. That was an ... interesting turn of events. So now we know (or are reasonably sure) that kumba and CCkeane are town. I know Infi was saying that kumba was being quiet in the mason doc but whatever.

It's me. I'm the town hero and very sexy.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
It'd be pretty sick if CCKeane, Infinitum, and Kumba are the scum team and this is all a long con.

Keane/Kumba - How did Infinitum bring up the fact that he was scum? Can you paraphrase that conversation?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

##vote khris khruel

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Ahhh I just re-read what Infinitum quoted and on second thought I guess that does pretty much confirm Kumba/Keane as town.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
##vote murmur

my case yesterday + her subtly defending Infinitum every time I mentioned my gut feelings against him.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I still think Ecco is scum, people are free to weigh in on the conversation we were having before Infinitum was outed. ##vote Ecco

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I just went back and reread Ecco's posts and I'm not seeing it. She was also the first to vote for Infi after CCK's mason reveal, which also makes me think town.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

tpink posted:

I just went back and reread Ecco's posts and I'm not seeing it. She was also the first to vote for Infi after CCK's mason reveal, which also makes me think town.

Voting Infi after my reveal is a non tell either way, Infi was going to eat it day one.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm looking at the mason doc, Infi was pushing on KK pretty hard, and was avoiding any mention of garth despite me bringing garth up.

As far as Ecco/MMT is concerned, I think MMT is more likely to be scum than Ecco, but who knows in this whacky world.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

:ssh: it's not an omgus if it's based on content. That's a scummy way to dismiss my points against you.

I'm rereading over your posts and I still don't get what your case on me is, other than quoting things I said and then hypothesizing some situation where I would say that if I were scum.

Can someone who isn't Ecco summarize her case on me? I feel like the logic she's using is clearly scummy (like she's selling me as scum and rationalizing why, not analyzing my behavior trying to figure out my alignment) but I acknowledge that I might just unable to be objective here.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm rereading over your posts and I still don't get what your case on me is, other than quoting things I said and then hypothesizing some situation where I would say that if I were scum.

quoting things you've said and done and explaining why they're scummy is the definition of a case.

Murmur Twin posted:

Can someone who isn't Ecco summarize her case on me? I feel like the logic she's using is clearly scummy (like she's selling me as scum and rationalizing why, not analyzing my behavior trying to figure out my alignment) but I acknowledge that I might just unable to be objective here.

I have analyzed your behavior and concluded it's scum behavior, but on the off-chance you're being sincere (and for the casual readers who like summaries) it's here:

- Your initial vote on CPig was a bad vote. You voted him because he was trying to exit jokephase, justifying it with meta. That's an awfully scummy reason to vote someone.
- You made a case against me, attacking a post I made (putting special emphasis on how you didn't like my gut read on Infinitum, lol). The case felt fake as heck though - it was obvious my suspicions were only a degree above gut, obviously they weren't fleshed out, and poking holes in them (and then acting like only scum have opinions that need time to develop) was very scummy.
- You then tried to explain your vote on CPig as "prodding for reactions." It's a dismissal, saying your vote on CPig shouldn't count against you because you weren't making it sincerely. But were you? Almost immediately after I started putting pressure on you, you returned to the CPig vote, this time me-tooing someone. It doesn't feel like it's coming from a town mentality - it feels like it's opportunistic scum.
- The quote you quoted is my response to you dismissing my case against you as OMGUS. My points are valid, you've made scummy calls, and avoiding addressing them by calling them OMGUS (and playing dumb today) is scummy af (as frasier).
- Finally, you casually defended Infinitum whenever I brought him up yesterday. You never once addressed his snipes or lack of content, you instead attacked me for mentioning I had a gut read on him.

It's not a solid 100% case but it's pretty good for the opening of day 2, and I suggest people follow it.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
look at this casual defense of infinitum here:

Murmur Twin, to KK posted:

Are you saying you think Infinitum was making a good faith effort to get you lynched?
(the implied answer is "there's no way you could think that, therefore you're scummy for saying it," which defends Infinitum against KK's hunch).

it really seems like murmur is infinitum's scumbuddy guys!!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I didn't realize yesterday was deadline and I was busy with life. Glad the scum weren't able to mislynch me. good job guys.

Also what MMT is doing is assuming that I would be the easy lynch. Going fo low hanging fruit.

##vote MMT

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

Also what MMT is doing is assuming that I would be the easy lynch. Going fo low hanging fruit.

##vote MMT

If Infinitum didn't scumclaim, my opinion is that you would have been the best lynch and I stand by that. I'm also casing Ecco which I would argue is not "low hanging fruit".

Does anyone think I'm scum who I didn't case first?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Murmur Twin posted:

If Infinitum didn't scumclaim, my opinion is that you would have been the best lynch and I stand by that. I'm also casing Ecco which I would argue is not "low hanging fruit".

Does anyone think I'm scum who I didn't case first?

TBF I didn't really read any of the new 50 some odd posts that were here when I got back.

But voting for me is dumb because I am a vanilla town.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

- Your initial vote on CPig was a bad vote. You voted him because he was trying to exit jokephase, justifying it with meta. That's an awfully scummy reason to vote someone.

It was literally my first game-related content. I have to believe that the reason you think there's any significance to that vote is that you're looking at the game from a scum view (ie "find things to convince people Murmur is scum" and not a town one ("figure out who is scum and who isn't").

quote:

- You made a case against me, attacking a post I made (putting special emphasis on how you didn't like my gut read on Infinitum, lol). The case felt fake as heck though - it was obvious my suspicions were only a degree above gut, obviously they weren't fleshed out, and poking holes in them (and then acting like only scum have opinions that need time to develop) was very scummy.

I feel like we both feel the same way about each other's case and may have to agree to disagree here.

EccoRaven posted:

- You then tried to explain your vote on CPig as "prodding for reactions." It's a dismissal, saying your vote on CPig shouldn't count against you because you weren't making it sincerely. But were you? Almost immediately after I started putting pressure on you, you returned to the CPig vote, this time me-tooing someone. It doesn't feel like it's coming from a town mentality - it feels like it's opportunistic scum.

For the record:

Murmur Twin posted:

Regarding content: A meta read on CPig, by itself, is not enough for me to mentally form a scum read on him. The fact that I think your original effortpost and followup OMGUS are scummy, are much stronger points that, in my mind, justify a scum read on you.

---

Mafia edit: the fact that the deadline is coming up, he hasn't made reads, and that on further consideration I feel like the "Uhhh.." may have been a tell - those are enough for me to mentally consider him a good vote.

I think I was pretty clear about why I voted Pig. It wasn't a "me-too" vote and it certainly didn't have anything at all to do with whatever pressure you think comes with 1 vote 4 hours before deadline.

quote:

- The quote you quoted is my response to you dismissing my case against you as OMGUS. My points are valid, you've made scummy calls, and avoiding addressing them by calling them OMGUS (and playing dumb today) is scummy af (as frasier).

For what it's worth I apologize for dismissing it as OMGUS but i feel like the case you're making on me is fake.

quote:

- Finally, you casually defended Infinitum whenever I brought him up yesterday. You never once addressed his snipes or lack of content, you instead attacked me for mentioning I had a gut read on him.

It's not a solid 100% case but it's pretty good for the opening of day 2, and I suggest people follow it.

I thought the cases on Infinitum were scummier than he was. It's a lot harder when you don't know everyone's alignment!

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Murmur Twin posted:

It was literally my first game-related content. I have to believe that the reason you think there's any significance to that vote is that you're looking at the game from a scum view (ie "find things to convince people Murmur is scum" and not a town one ("figure out who is scum and who isn't").

I feel like we both feel the same way about each other's case and may have to agree to disagree here.

For the record:

I think I was pretty clear about why I voted Pig. It wasn't a "me-too" vote and it certainly didn't have anything at all to do with whatever pressure you think comes with 1 vote 4 hours before deadline.

For what it's worth I apologize for dismissing it as OMGUS but i feel like the case you're making on me is fake.

I thought the cases on Infinitum were scummier than he was. It's a lot harder when you don't know everyone's alignment!

The bolded is how I feel about both of your cases against each other. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

:zombie:
How fitting...

The assassin...
Got killed...

Go town!!
:zombie:

• Locked thread