Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I'll be Cabaret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Willkommen! Follies or A Little Night Music are my choices for best musical.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

My favorite analysis of Rent is that the reason everything in the show sucks so much is because they're all really bad artists.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I also think Rent suffered from the fact that its creator died in previews and so the score and book got set into stone too early.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

http://youtu.be/chdpiSX2ino
I think Mein Herr is my favorite from Cabaret.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Galavant and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend are both fantastic.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Sorry, I went to get lunch and forgot to check back in.

No, I'm not scum.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Yes

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Absurd Revolver posted:

Swearsy realzies?

Swearsy realzies.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I, garthoneeye, am town aligned.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Kumbamontu posted:

who do you think is scum

who do any of you think is scum

I don't have a good read on anyone. I'm horrible at D1. I'd vote KK, but that's just because I find the gimmick annoying.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Infinitum posted:

Actually what I did was run a gambit in masondoc posing as a traitor to try and out a scum.

CCKeane is town by the by.

This makes no sense to me in a mason doc that has more than 2 members and little sense in one that has 2.

##vote infinitum

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I'm for voting Kash right now, posted even less content than me, showed up with an empty vote on KK, the only reason KK got heat D1 was from a posting gimmick that he dropped.

##vote Kash

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Also regarding the MMT Ecco slap fight I lean slightly more towards Ecco, but it's mostly a gut feeling.

I don't feel strongly enough either way to vote yet.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm still null-lean-scum on CPig and Ecco but for the sake of not tunneling on the same two people all game, Garth is pinging me slightly.

The explanation there feels weird - like I feel like town Garth would have just thrown a vote out, but scum Garth would have felt the need to justify it to make sure it looks town. I acknowledge that it's mostly a gut read.

Honestly, I was trying to figure out what the gently caress Infinitum's gambit could possibly be. I couldn't understand at all what it was supposed to accomplish or how it was supposed to work. Especially, since if one of them was scum they would be in the ScumDoc.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Murmur Twin posted:

Let's say Kaschei is scum - why drop a contentless vote on someone at all?

Don't know. I'm bad at Mafia, so I'm just voting who I currently find most suspicious and giving what little reasons I have.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Also, I'm trying to be better at not being a lovely lurker all the time.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I agree more with Ecco.
I don't find MMT's arguments convincing at all.

I would also be voting SSV if we weren't so far from the deadline.
##unvote

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I also think people were hanging back on analyzing it in the hopes that you would continue arguing with each other and one or the other of you could get caught in a scum slip or at least a clearly disingenuous argument.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

tpink posted:

And to add on cpig, I also don't understand why you'd claim vanilla town so early in the game where there was zero pressure to do so.

From my limited Mafia experience here, lots of people like to claim Vanilla Town early with or without pressure.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I don't know the reasoning. I think some people do it literally every game they play so it's a null tell for them.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

As far as I can tell the vote is not Ecco's issue, it's that every time the vote comes up MMT gives a different explanation.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

tpink posted:

Same here. Ecco/MMT, are you both intending to keep your votes on each other instead of considering voting for someone else? garthon, any thoughts?

Right now my vote will be going to SSV.
Nothing else has struck me as particularly noteworthy.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

So, Absurd Revolver is pinging me. Very little content other than a vote on KK for gimmick and a throwaway vote on Cpig before Inifinitum imploded on Day 1.
And then this on D2:

Absurd Revolver posted:

I hate when it comes down to just a couple of candidates, because I never seem to pick the right one :(

I think SSV's claim is a little pre-mature, and their response to Ecco's casing being one line followed by a vote feels too opportunistic. I believe Ecco is innocent, and that the heat on them currently is a result of scum-collusion. I might even dig up some evidence in a bit but for now, I'm gonna go with what I think is going on.

##vote: SSV

What claim of SSV is he talking about?
He says he might dig up evidence, but that never materializes.

##vote Absurd

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Turn it off.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I'm town Doctor.
I protected Ecco, Keane, Keane.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

tpink posted:

This is interesting. Protect me tomorrow night; if anyone has strong ideas whom I should investigate, I am all ears.

Will do.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

How many scum do we think are left? If it's 3 scum left we're at MYLO right?

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Murmur Twin posted:

Why did you protect Keane twice?

I protected Keane twice because he was the one I felt most sure of as town and I thought he had a reasonable chance of being targeted for the kill.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm on a phone until tomorrow but is anyone wondering why scum would target Ecco instead Keane (who is all but confirmed in my eyes for having outed Infinitum)?

Is there anyone at all who thinks the far more likely explanation is that scum targeted Keane, got their kill stopped, and that Ecco claimed BP? Yes, she breadcrumbed it with invisible tags early on there is no reason at all she couldn't have made that breadcrumb as scum, especially when you consider the only functional role of said breadcrumb has been for Ecco to call her "confirmed".

This is why I haven't voted yet. I don't see why scum would target Ecco. Ecco has made one major case and hasn't really got any traction on it, If I was scum I would have pushed to see if I could get a mislynch.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

kaschei posted:

"if ecco were sure the godfather was already investigated, he would want to lynch one of the 3 people that are potential godfathers and let the cop check his read on MT. Ecco is advocating to be investigated and lynch MT. Therefore ecco is not town sure that the godfather is among the investigated."

I disagree with this argument completely. If you're fairly certain a player is scum, you lynch that player. Lynching investigated town to hit the godfather can wait until that's the only scum left.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

So kaschei, you're arguing that Ecco and one of the Masons are the remaining scum?

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I think we kill one of Ecco or MMT today and investigate Kumba.

I don't think we can get away from not killing the other if the one we kill comes up town. So if they are both town we've lost unless scum screws up or someone has a power they haven't claimed.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Also we investigate Kumba because if Ecco is scum my doctor clears CCKeane, if we assume scum didn't withhold night kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Murmur Twin posted:

Also, let's pretend I am scum for a second. Why on earth would I try and NK Ecco? Her TOWN flip would make me look bad and force me to build a new fake point of view.

Yeah, I can't get away from this reasoning.

##vote Ecco

• Locked thread