Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

It was even easier than that, if you got into the mages' guild. There's a 'chameleon' effect that some armor/spells have that makes you harder to detect, but not (usually) 100% invisible . The upside to this versus invisibility is that is doesn't vanish when you attack/interact with stuff. But once you can enchant stuff, you can just make 5 different pieces of armor with 20% chameleon each on them, and now you are permanently 100% invisible forever, with no magicka cost. You don't even need skill points in anything at all to do this, you just need soul gems, armor, and enough money to enchant stuff.

It also completely hosed with the game's AI since even things that were 100% programmed to find you got lost and confused about half the time, like the city guards. Sometimes they'd try to arrest you and you could just say no, and they'd just wander around. Other times they'd come rushing towards you and just stop, staring at space because their AI just did not know what the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Tracula posted:

To elaborate on staggering, part of it too is that in Demons Souls there wasn't a poise stat. Poise is basically how easy you are to stunlock and subsequent games had it as a thing, heavier armor made you harder to stunlock basically. So doing the glitchy headbash let you combo anything you could stun (usually something humanoid about your size) to death easily.

Poise its self was a broken thing in dark souls since it used to just operate on the cumulative poise stat. So you got people focusing their build around min/maxing their poise and still fast rolling so they could basically just tank any hit in PVP and just keep on trucking. From did not think this was very good design and changed it so poise was calculated based on where you were hit in 2. So if someone used a thrust attack to hit you only in the torso, only your torso armor was calculated against the attack, however if someone used a smashing weapon like a club they'd likely hit every piece of armor and get the full poise value. In 3, however, poise has much less of an effect in combat and you can't upgrade armor either so people are, of course, throwing huge pvp fits that they can't just throw on the heaviest set of armor in the game and walk through every attack.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

theshim posted:

You actually did need to know a chameleon spell in order to enchant equipment with it, IIRC, which meant you needed 50 in illusion magic. That was trivially easy to get, of course, but still. 100% chameleon was so hilariously busted, you could sit there sneak attacking enemies in the face and they would pull out their swords and scream "WHAT WAS THAT" and then sheathe it immediately and say "must be seeing things" while you continued to bury a knife in their eyeballs.

Or you could get it from your first sigil stone and use the very easy dupe bug to have infinite 35% chameleon sigil stones.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

ToxicSlurpee posted:

You basically had to game that game's system if you wanted to have any fun at all. You absolutely did not want to get past level like 25.
I just put fire, lightning and ice damage on a sword and every time I hit something it would go flying into space and die from the fall damage. :shrug: I'm still not really sure why.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Zereth posted:

PAY for your random food to make into potions? Why would you do that when there's shitloads lying around you could steal easily?

In fact, that was the best way to make money by stealing: Steal food and make potions out of it. There was very, very rarely anything worth any significant amount of money around to steal, but food was everywhere and you could turn an ear of corn and a roll of bread that would sell for roughly 1 gold each into a potion worth 20 or more with a little skill and some decent alchemy equipment (that you also stole). And then you didn't need to gently caress around with fences!

Just steal the pants off your enemies, then steal their swords and they can't even really fight back or defend themselves against you. As long as you're undetected in skyrim, a sufficiently high level thief can steal equipped items from NPCs and enemies. This applies to pretty much anyone who isn't set to essential, too, so you can get some unique items from it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

What else is there to do in a bethesda game if not pointless tedium, anyway? I mean we complain about the poo poo samey dungeons, nine million draugr and repeating quests. But take them out and you've got nothing and Bethesda isn't about to change a system that earns them mad bank.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Cumslut1895 posted:

so just sayin' but oblivion was a waay better game than skyrim, right?
especially the mods: there's no skyrim equivalent of http://www.lostspires.com/

I won't say it's a better game than skyrim but I did have more fun with it on my first no-mod character, just doing as much content as I could between crashes and bugs. Skyrim really does feel kind of empty in weird ways because it's full of poo poo but I honestly can't think of anything that especially stands out to me about it, the world is just a kind of blur of trees and grey rocks with snow outside of that one cool sulfuric geyser area. Even the daedric quests don't stick out, but whatever. Also the guild questlines in skyrim suck.

Anyway, broken things in games. Gundam Breaker 3 has a thing called Awakening. Awakening is your ridiculous super power thing that lets you heal super fast and do other poo poo depending on what you set it to ranging from slowing time to doing ridiculous damage, and you can use a super strong super attack that's basically a one hit kill for most things outside of bosses. So you can enter awakening mode and some weapons, machineguns in particular, will basically just fill your bar up super fast. In fact you can keep yourself in a perpetual state of awakening by destroying everything around you then just stunning one poor rear end in a top hat forever with the weakest gun you have until your bar is full again and resume murdering everything. It's fairly easy to spend an entire stage in perpetual awakening.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Alteisen posted:

Super Robot Wars

I don't think anything from SRW is really fair to post. Mazinger Z is like the first unit you get in half the games and all you have to do is upgrade it and it becomes an unstoppable death tank drat near every time. The best is in J where you can have robots so fast that enemies will straight up stop targeting them. Have everyone at 100% dodge rate except Mazinger, give him a counter and then just watch as every enemy unit kills its self in the first turn. Just by upgrading your dudes by the time you get the really broken things like Great Zeorymer it's just another invincible god machine to add to the pile because you have like three mazingers by then.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

You could also slow time down until it nearly stopped and never get touched that way too, while firing arrows like you had a machine gun.

Your character ages as you level up. You're probably an old man with white hair by the time you meet your older sister, who's like 20. :v:

In Fable 2 whether you start as a man or a woman you turn into The Blob if you level up strength.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Somfin posted:

Merchant pricing in Fable is based on supply and demand. Find a merchant with a shitton of something and buy all of it for cheap (high supply lowers prices), then sell it right back to the same guy (high demand increases prices) and make a profit. Repeat until you are selling his whole inventory back and forth and making money every time.

E: Shop around for diamonds until you get about fifty, run this trick whenever you need money.

Or you could always do the old poo poo trick of buying a bunch of property then setting your clock a hundred years ahead and collecting billions of money in rent.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Regalingualius posted:

Anyone who wants to see just how janky Watch_Dogs is without wasting money on such a terrible story needs to watch Chip Cheezum's LP of it.

They really needed to put out a demo for that if they didn't because not even a video can convey just how awful the driving is in that game. Your car is like a shoebox someone kicks down a hallway. I once hit a speedbump and ramped my way clear through a mall. The game is so uninteresting they had to advertise for games within the game that don't actually reward you or anything, they just don't want you to actually play Watch_Dogs.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

John Murdoch posted:

There are a handful of rewards for the digital trips (outfits) and some of the minigames (actual gameplay stuff/weapons). I am left scratching my head at how many not remotely cyberpunk or otherwise relevant minigames there are, though. Thirty levels of wacky QTE drinking games, really?

Mostly the spider tank thing, which featured pretty heavily in the marketing and is fairly heavily promoted in-game but there's literally zero reason to actually do it other than it actually being a better game than watch_dogs.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Guy Mann posted:

In Kingdom Hearts 2 there waa equipment that would multiply the amount of experience you earned from killing enemies if your health was dangerously low. There was also a gimmicky arena in the Lion King level where an endless supply of super weak flying enemies would descend on you en masse. And you had a spell that acted like a vortex and drew in enemies while damaging them.

Combine all three and you could make a literal meat grinder that would power-level you to the point of being able to steamroll the game just from running around in circles casting the spell over and over for five minutes.

Wasn't this so broken they took it out of every other version of the game?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Alabaster White posted:

The Japanese version tries its hardest to make it into an actual game. Stat bonuses accumulate within a normal human lifespan, bosses give MP max bonuses so you can actually cast spells, and they even added an ending!

The Japanese players actually got an ending? Did they get a story too? Even as a kid that game mad no drat sense to me. "Hey, go find your dad" Wait no, bandits! Oh, get a load of this magic book! EVIL QUEEN and then suddenly you're fighting a purple moth demon in space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

theshim posted:

Yeah, that was pretty great - they made a list of like 300+ names Codsworth would recognize, and Fuckface is prominently among them. There were some other good ones in there too.

Most reasonably funny curse words are. Fallout 4 is in a weird spot because a lot of it is really, really well done especially the world design and audio. But then the actual game falls flat since the story is kind of poo poo and almost every quest is just "walk into place, shoot every dude" with no other alternatives and even cool areas like the racetrack and fighting ring just have everyone inside psychically turn hostile if you step near.

• Locked thread