Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I am the social media guy. I sit in an office and you are not certain what I do. Sometimes I speak, enthusiastically, at meetings, about Twitter. There is no light in my eyes. There is no life in my eyes. I am the social media guy. I am 25. I look 35. I am tired. So tired. I am the social media guy. I know my job is fake. You know my job is fake. My bosses know my job is fake. Why don't they fire me? Why am I here? Nothing I do is quantifiable. It is superstition. I am the social media guy. A totem, an offering to new media by desperate men. My purpose is abstract. You never see me do anything. I am always on my phone. Is it my job? I am the social media guy. One day, I will be gone. Nothing will change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
im gay

edit: whoa, thats new

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Thank you for your service!

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i guess you could say im the "face" of mellow mushroom pizza, but like, on the onternet

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
I dated a girl whose entire career was being social media girl for failing startups that make smartphone apps? Apparently that's an actual job you can have? I HAD SEX,

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I work for the federal govt. and our "social media guy" is a dude in his 50s who tells you horror stories about sharing too much info on the internet.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think you're like, supposed to show some initiative or something. :effort:

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I work in digital marketing and i do social media for a bunch of companies, I just automate it all while i do my actual job

i don't think you need a social media guy who just does social media

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

im gay

edit: whoa, thats new
no it isn't

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
sounds like the perfect George Costanza-ish gig

You'll miss it 10 years from now when you're pulling double-shifts down at the buttplug factory

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Near my work they are building a office building for a social media company that does social media for other companies. Holy Moly, mom said surfing on myspace was a waste of time, now I can prove her wrong!

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

AugmentedVision posted:

I dated a girl whose entire career was being social media girl for failing startups that make smartphone apps? Apparently that's an actual job you can have? I HAD SEX,

I assume the gentleman had a name?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_IT/status/705668966207889408

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Ork of Fiction posted:

I assume the gentleman had a name?

the gentleman was you're mom

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club
I went hi school with this guy who was a total nerd and he would bring his video game console with him sometimes to school of dance to play halo and he was a huge dweeb. Now he is married to an attractive woman and he makes a lot of money working for Facebook. He's like the biggest social media guy that I know

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I'm going to send u a text blast, STRAIGHT FROM MY HEART! FUCKER!!!

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I don't have to "friend" this fuckstick, do I?

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
Are you really the social media guy?

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
so are you a Mod or something? can u pls sticky my Funny Seinfeld Faces thread? thanks

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

I saw a tweet today from Kermit the Frog in memoriam of Prince.

Which begs the question. how do I become Kermit the Frog's social media manager?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
:gas:

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

FactsAreUseless posted:

I am the social media guy. I sit in an office and you are not certain what I do. Sometimes I speak, enthusiastically, at meetings, about Twitter. There is no light in my eyes. There is no life in my eyes. I am the social media guy. I am 25. I look 35. I am tired. So tired. I am the social media guy. I know my job is fake. You know my job is fake. My bosses know my job is fake. Why don't they fire me? Why am I here? Nothing I do is quantifiable. It is superstition. I am the social media guy. A totem, an offering to new media by desperate men. My purpose is abstract. You never see me do anything. I am always on my phone. Is it my job? I am the social media guy. One day, I will be gone. Nothing will change.

i look down on everyone with this job yet i would take it in a second if i could get it

seems like you have to be in a city for companies to be big enough to actually pay someone to do this instead of just throw it as an annoying 20 cent raise responsibility to the bosses daughter

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

BossRighteous posted:

I saw a tweet today from Kermit the Frog in memoriam of Prince.

Which begs the question. how do I become Kermit the Frog's social media manager?

Put your hand inside him and he'll let you do whatever you want.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://twitter.com/ChesterCheetah/status/689943140015308800

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Same person in a tiny toilet cubicle, shittin' the day away.

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals
im the guy with no irreplaceable skills.

jokes on you i didnt want to work here anyway, or indeed, at all.

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

people who don't understand 21st century industry, but have a 20th century entrepreneurial spirit will hire me and not know why

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm the guy who tweets sexual images of your company's logo figure to your company account and no matter how many times you block me I keep making new twitters doing it.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
You should accidentally retweet a photo of a chick sticking a toy plane in her hoohah from United's official twitter account

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

goatse.cx haver posted:

im the guy with no irreplaceable skills.

most people in offices seem like they have no irreplaceable skills tbh

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

you gotta make all the things go "viral"

have you heard of "memes"? kids love memes these days!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I'm glad that before TV died and everything switched to online ads we were able to see Old Spice Guy and Dos Equis Guy

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm engaging with you in your butt

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

I'm the actually useful social media guy who's buying user information for our companies marketing staff, and is collecting palpable data to demonstrate and understand responses to whatever it is this company does.
Not nearly as good at managing my personal brand though so I make a full zero less than OP in spite of the fact that I actually do something that requires a decent STEM degree.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You're Kloud score: five stars

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Joust posted:

Same person in a tiny toilet cubicle, shittin' the day away.

Fill out all the work orders, get the bathroom labeled "conference room," label the best stall your "office," and conduct "business" there, good times.

Happy Bear Suit posted:

you gotta make all the things go "viral"

have you heard of "memes"? kids love memes these days!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TDC9s-Kt-8&t=6s

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Jellidelic posted:

I'm the actually useful social media guy

I actually do something that requires a decent STEM degree.

stop sending me farmville requests

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS

canyoneer posted:

You should accidentally retweet a photo of a chick sticking a toy plane in her hoohah from United's official twitter account

Thank you for reminding me of this wonderful moment in digital outreach.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

FactsAreUseless posted:

Hey Lou, this guy sounds ripe for upper management, I'll get the paper work started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
this thread is gay LIKE if you agree

• Locked thread