Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
honestly surprised she didn't run with your response a bit more. The type of people who get upset about these causes wouldn't care at all about whether people are banned for making accounts to advertise their blog or w/e, they would ignore literally any context and just focus on the "bad things were said and anyone suggesting that maybe what this woman did was wrong must also agree with the harassment against women and these sexists attacks" and just repeat that ad nauseum until the issue is divided into two camps where anyone remotely critical of the other side is a horrible sexist bigot. I've honestly never seen this strategy fail in the era of social media she just needed to hold out a bit longer before a more mainstream site picked it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Yeah that's not the kind of rekt that would get these kind of people to do anything but stick to their guns.

Thanks for starting the new hell thread by the way. You are an MRA GamerGate now.

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe
SA will be cool again if we moot lol

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
habemus

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

are we sure this isn't spoonful of bromide again

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Sarcastic When Pushed: The Jessica Dupre story.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

theultimo posted:

This was her SOMETHING AWFUK IS SEXIST rant

oh man shes so sarcastic and quirky

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Cowman posted:

what a progressive feminist, wanting a man to do everything for her :rolleyes:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Allen Wren posted:

Was that the guy who was obsessed with the webcomic "shaved moose" or something? Shredded moose? Meese?

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
I heard someone say gamergate so I showed up to be real mad for no reason

AdolfHitler
Mar 21, 2009
stop telling me slurs

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe

Iron Prince posted:

I heard someone say gamergate so I showed up to be real mad for no reason

Yeah, you do that a lot

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I bet her parents feel terrible when other parents they know are taking about their children and all the cool, interesting lives they lead.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Allen Wren posted:

didn't unironically say literally shaking so nope it's not

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
This jessica character sounds shady, and I thought we have this gated community to prevent that riff raff from coming in. You were so brave in dealing with that, I say Lowtax for HOA president!

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
FACT: I can no longer hear the word turd without thinking "f-F-fingerblast that little turd." YOU'VE RUINED ME. Jessica Duprebot and I are going to take you down, Richard "Kytax" Lowanka!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Hot For Teacher?

By jessicanexus on April 18, 2016

That old song by Van Halen “Hot For Teacher” got one thing right: a lot of students will one day have a sexy professor and maybe don’t know how to handle it. Likewise, attractive girls who go into teaching should probably be offered a special seminar, because like or not we need an extra skill set, especially when you can’t help but draw the eyes of your students. I know, I know, universities aren’t going to offer “Seminar for Hotties in the Classroom” anytime soon. And I’ve never vocalized this idea in public, because it could surely lead to all kinds of backlash. (My favorite response from some guys is that I should just dress more professional, act more professional, and be tougher. Um, you’ve met me, right? And we already know that women get scorched on their teacher evals for showing backbone in the wrong way.) The alternative is that we wind up relying on casual advice and water-cooler talk.

I’m sure that attractive guy-teachers have experienced similar problems, and I welcome comments from both genders, but I can mainly offer my own experiences. I’m sure it sounds so vain, but unless I wear a burlap sack and a pillowcase hat to school, there’s no way for me to hide my sexuality. And there’s no way I’m going to make myself un-attractive just to help certain students feel more comfortable. They need to act like grown ups, just like they’ll need to in their careers. So what do we do when students struggle to handle it? That answer depends on the type of situation and the student. So I’m trying to develop this handy little guide and would love insight or advice:

The Enamored: Some male students, especially freshmen, just can’t hide the fact that teachers like me blow their minds. One student from a couple of years ago came to our campus from a small town, and after a week of class he visited my office pretty freaked out and confessed, “I’ve got a giant crush on you, and I don’t know what to do about it.” Poor guy, he wasn’t trying to ask me out or anything sinister. He wanted to know if he was making me uncomfortable and if he should switch to another section. We had a productive talk, and I told him that I didn’t have the slightest idea how he felt beforehand, so it was his choice if he wanted to stay. He got an A in my class, and by mid-semester had his own girlfriend!

The Clueless: Once in a while, a male student vastly under-estimates my age and somehow doesn’t understand that I’m not a TA, not interested in him, and will never risk my career for even one outing that could be construed as a date. These kinds of guys can be tough, they’re usually older (even non-traditional), and don’t fully respect my authority in the classroom, but engage in micro-agressions couched in pseudo-genteel behavior. They challenge me with a fatherly smugness sometimes, or delight in politely pointing out the slightest mistakes and oversights in my lessons, or desperately want to add some obscure fact or reference that contradicts what I’ve said.

But by far the biggest irritation is how much time they take up. Here, only patience seems to help. Once, I had an older male student (late 20s, pretty much my age), email me multiple times a day. He would devour my office hours, weaving on and off topic like a drunk driver. I felt I couldn’t tell him to go away, because ultimately there was some pedagogical reason for his visit. It just took him forever to articulate it, and often would use my answers or advice as springboards for stories and indirect attempts to learn more about me personally than I wanted to share. He kept saying things like, “You’re such a great teacher, you should let me take you out for coffee sometime.” The sad part is that I never confronted him. I just did triage the best I could, never directly responded to his invitations, and kept it all polite.

The Aggressive: I don’t mean knife-wielding, or calling me names in front of students, but definitely crossing the line. For example, a student athlete came up behind me before class one morning and ran his hand up and down my side, feeling my lateral muscle. “Niiiice,” he said. “You’re the only teacher I know who works out that hard. You use the gym on campus?” The instinctual petrified response was probably best: I stared at him wide-eyed for several seconds, until his face got read and he started doing this little chicken dance. I completely ignored his question and said something like, “We’re starting class in about five seconds.” About a year later, another student came up to me after dismissal, saying “You’ve got amazing hair, I just have to touch it,” already lifting his hand to my face. I deftly dodged and said, “Noooo you don’t! I just washed it, and do not need your greasy man hands messing it up.” A friend of mine once had a student joking threaten to spank her for giving him a bad grade on a test. She simply folded her arms and stared him down until he shut up and left, resigned to his fair grade.

When these things happen, I always report them to my immediate supervisor so there’s at least some paper trail. But the immediate reaction is hugely important, because the way we watch our personal space and respond with body language and facial expressions says reams about what we see as okay and what we won’t. Thankfully, these are normally isolated cases that go nowhere. I’m lucky I’ve never had a long-term problem with a student, and I don’t know anyone who has.

What Guys Think at First

By jessicanexus on April 17, 2016

DalekBest.jpg

This one time, I confessed my robot fetish to a boyfriend early in our relationship. He didn’t quite understand at first. He asked, “So you mean you’d have sex with R2D2?”

“No, not exactly.” It was funny to picture though. So I tried to clarify:

“What I mean is you could sort of wind me up like a doll, or wind me up too tight and I’ll break, and you’ll have to fix me.”

He scrunched his face. “Isn’t that more of a doll fetish though?”

“That’s just one example,” I said. “There’s lots of things I fantasize about.” If I’d known better, I could’ve avoided a lot of confusion by showing him the Duran Duran video “Electric Barbarella.” (I still get shivers when watching it.) The more we talked, it seemed like the less he understood. Boo. When someone can’t even get their heads around the idea, it kinda kills the mood.

Other guys I’ve met in the physical and virtual world totally misunderstand what I mean when I say, “I’m a fembot.” For too many guys, they jump to the conclusion that I’m just looking for an excuse to act like the S-word. May the gods help them when they get trapped in online RP with me and find out how much I expect them to do before sex. About 90 percent of them give up before I even slip my underwear off. With me, high-maintenance isn’t just a metaphor. And the first time they call me the C-word, the B-word, or the S-word, they are history. Some guys will never understand how quickly those words turn off an actual technosexual. If you want to call me something, start with these: beautiful, marvelous, precious, priceless. I’m a fembot, and you shall respect me while you’re opening my face and chest panels!

The Narcissism Fix

By jessicanexus on April 16, 2016

BlogPost2Jessica admired herself in the dresser mirror, leaning forward on her arms to lengthen her back, closing her eyes just a little as she glanced right at the photography crew moving about the periphery. She smiled at the light technician and then returned to her reflection, loving the look and feel of the chantilly lace strappy bustier and matching bottoms she was modeling for some lingerie company (honestly, there were so many shoots this week she wasn’t keeping them straight anymore, just held her hand out for the next item–chemise, garter, slip, whatever–and changed behind the Japanese dividers in the corner and came out for the next round of poses). The camera clicked and whined a dozen times as the put her weight on alternate hips, bending one knee and the other.

“Fantastic, Jess. Now can you climb up there and sit on top of the dresser? Yeah, great.” Click, click, whir. “Now open that box of jewelry and start playing with it. Great, just explore it. Try some on. Nice, nice. Can you swing your legs a little?”

The cold metal of an Aztec style necklace felt so good against her tongue as she playfully kissed different items from the box. Darren, the photographer, always knew how to draw out her inner sexy. As she watched his face from behind the camera, she remembered their steamy love session in the shower this morning. How lucky she was. Even when things got as busy as this week, she had the perfect job, perfect boyfriend, and all the free travel she wanted.

Darren took three more shots and moved to a different angle. “You’re looking amazing there, Jess. Let’s add a sense of danger to that pouty face. Imagine you’ve snuck into your mom’s bedroom and you’re going through all of her stuff. That’s right, a little nervous look, like she might come in any minute and give you a spanking.”

Their photo session was briefly interrupted when a business executive entered through the ornate bedroom door. CEO Greg Williams greeted two of the studio techs, who broke from their current task adjusting a spotlight and gathered in a corner, whispering and gesturing toward Jessica with those smug looks that made her wonder what, exactly, they were saying about her. If only she had super hearing.

If she could’ve heard, Greg didn’t have any special business other than watching the latest Nexus-9 model for himself. He’d felt his erection at first sight of her, and was already feeling weak in the knees watching her there on the dresser. Jesus, he thought, not even his own wife could make him feel like that so instantly. She’d been swinging her long, graceful legs for a few seconds before the photographer asked her to lie down across the top now, legging her arms and legs drape off either side. “She’s just as incredible as I’ve been hearing,” the executive breathed. “And here I was thinking we couldn’t top the Nexus-8.”

One of the light techs handed Greg a tablet so he could swipe through all their photos from their sessions the past week. Indeed, Jessica looked incredible in every scene and pose, every angle, every shade of light. He especially liked the shots of her at a high-end tapas bar uptown, a photo from the date night sessions. One of their human male models was feeding her a piece of bread across their table for two. She stretched her lithe form across their food, sexy mouth turned up and luscious lips pushed out as she nibbled at the appetizer. The man was gently caressing her hair with his other hand. It was hard to believe how in-love they looked, the mood only enhanced by the foot traffic and onlookers blurred in the background, but obviously glancing their way.

Greg could imagine the caption for this one already: “Jessica Nexus-9 is more than a bedroom companion. Her overhauled A.I. makes her the perfect girlfriend, wife, or mistress if you like. She’ll go with you anywhere.”

Darren and Jessica finished the dresser shots and moved to the bed, where she stretched out in her full glory, sending the four men into an inner frenzy they could barely control. Darren started to cramp with desire as she felt herself, kissing the air as her head turned this way and that as the camera clicked away.

“Oh, I forgot something.” Darren reached into his breast pocket and retrieved a small case. He opened it, showing the techs a tiny flash drive. “This is a little insert the lab made for Jessica’s processor. We heard that she’s been…spending a little too much time with herself.”

The techs chuckled and nodded, pointing at Jessica as she proved him right. Darren was trying to get Jessica to turn onto her stomach and hold her legs up, so she could pose with a magazine in one of those sexy bed reading poses.

But Jessica wasn’t interested in following directions anymore. She had started touching herself, just like Darren asked, first smoothing her hands along her hips and lower abdomen, then neck. Now she felt like she’d prefer to do this for a little while longer. She gently cupped one breast and moved her hand down into her panties. Mmmm, she moaned, parting her lips. “Darren, do I turn you on?”

Darren laughed nervously. “Jess, all four of us are about to pass out here. Would you turn on your stomach now, please?”

Jess giggled softly, eyes closed. “No, I’m going to enjoy myself. I’m sooo sexy, Darren.”

And she knew even this was an understatement. Modesty? Please, only when she wanted to relax and take a break from all the constant attention. She wondered if some people would ever understand adoring herself this much, how she could spend all morning just lying in bed and feeling herself, occasionally confirming her perfection in the mirror from different angles, and only wishing she had a mirror room at her disposal to just twirl and twirl and feel drunk off the sensation of knowing she could inspire such desire in men. How often had she ever entered a store, stood in line at a cafe, or simply walked down a street without leaving one or two guys in a state of bewilderment, like they’d never even considered someone this lovely would be standing mere inches from them. It was a strange thing to consider when she really thought about it, the differential between her, just going about her normal day, often times with no idea how half the planet regarded her. She didn’t always think of herself as perfect, but when she thought about Darren, these other men, any man, she knew that’s what they were thinking. Perfect.

But now what was this? Darren had set his camera down and was standing with his arms folded. Why wasn’t he taking pictures of her? And now this executive was approaching her, and Darren did nothing to stop him as he sat beside her once-writhing form. “What are you doing?” she inquired, brow furrowed in confusion. “I’m not supposed to be posing with anyone else this shoot.”

“Just relax, Jessica. I have a present for you.”

Her mood lifted, and her face returned a bright smile. She glanced at Darren, nodding at her as if to say, yes, of course a present for you. “Oh, okay.” She laughed a little. “What is it?”

“A surprise,” Greg said. “Put your arms at your side. There, good girl. Now straighten your legs, tilt your head back here. Good.”

Jessica felt Greg stroke her neck with one hand, then both. His rough hands made her want to squeal with pleasure, but she remained still as he was telling her. Then she felt so peaceful all of a sudden. Her muscles relaxed and she stared straight ahead as the executive held his finger against a soft spot between her ear and the tip of her jaw.

Greg watched, trying desperately to quell his erection as a small seam appeared around the corners of Jessica’s achingly beautiful face. He produced a small, flat tool from his coat pocket that looked like a nail file and inserted it at the top of Jessica’s forehead, just below the crown of her hair. Working it around the circumference of her face, the seam widened enough for him to insert his fingers. He gently lifted up her face plate.

Beneath was a marvelous but somewhat disturbing plastic polymer face, white and smooth like an Apple product. Greg propped the face plate against Jessica’s chin, disconnecting three wires that exchanged data between her processor and the millions of tiny nano-servers beneath her silicone flesh. As Greg installed the new emotion regulator with a pair of tweezers, he exercised great care. Jessica’s face was probably the most expensive thing about her, what set her apart from the prior Nexus models. Not only was it exquisite in its beauty, the emotional range enabled by the breakthrough nano technology made her more than just indistinguishable from a real woman. It made her better, more feminine, more caring, more alluring and seductive when she wanted to be. She was more woman than any woman could ever be.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Apr 22, 2016

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The Back Story

I’m the kind of girl who breaks the right rules, especially for the sake of art. But last year, I realized I was still following too many of them. For example, one big rule: erotica is trash; don’t read it; don’t write it. (And I realize now that this rule is capital “S” Stupid.) I believed my MFA professors when they told me to stick with my literary romance. I wrote with such a beautiful voice, they told me. Why contaminate it with a fetish that comes straight out of the “garbage heap” of science fiction, even if it was a deep part of me?

Another rule was not talking about my sex life. Winning the game of academia, I thought, called on me to construct a very specific kind of narrative that a narrow group of people would find interesting, but not too threatening or volatile. Then I started hanging out with more popular women writers, who convinced me to loosen up and write about everyday things like, um, my deep friendships with other women and buying shoes. Nope, that wasn’t going to happen, either, because the kinds of shoes I really wanted to buy scared the hell out of some of my friends.

Finally, I started thinking about my conversations with friends and colleagues and realized, gee, I seem to have had more sex and relationships than a lot of other people. Oh, and I was raised by a schizophrenic mom and a dad who was never home, so didn’t see what was happening until it was too late. Maybe if I wrote about that, my books would sell.

Oh, and there’s this robot fetish that I alone seemed to find drug-like in its effect on me. Seriously, I’ll do almost anything if you tell me you’ll play robot with me (and of course if you happen to also look like Robert Downey Jr., that would be a plus!) My online role-playing was so demanding that half my partners quit on me because it took forever to reach the parts they wanted (the sex, namely), and by then I was done and starting to get bored. Of course, when I get really turned on during a good RP, I’ll go all the way and love every second up to the climax.

I also had to explain to some guys that being a fembot does not mean being their personal slut they can boss around and insult. It doesn’t mean I’m submissive in real life, and it definitely doesn’t mean that a guy can interrupt me repeatedly and tell me why my opinion is wrong before he even hears it. (Sorry, feminist rant, I’m sure I just lost a few readers. Must delete this later…)

Some things had to change for me to finish this memoir. First, I had to stop caring what other academics would think of me. Second, I needed to write from a safe place where I knew I couldn’t be judged directly. All of that meant farewell to mainstream publishing, at least for this book.

Self-publishing was the way to go this time. This story is so personal, I’m not sure I wanted an agent or editor poking around and telling me what might work or what wouldn’t sell. I wanted a direct port to readers with nobody in between. I needed my story to get out, so bad, actually, that I wasn’t eating or sleeping much the last couple of weeks, slaving away for every non-job moment to try and get my story just right. Waiting weeks or even months for an agent to read my book, followed by the whole editing thing, production as slow as molasses, etc, would’ve literally killed me.

So my story is in the word now, as perfect as I can make it, (though maybe a couple of typos). I want to see the response it gets.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
All I'm getting is lowtax is gloating that he totally laid sick burns on some random blogger.

and I'm glad of it.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

i skimmed over all that mess and i was gonna say "boy howdy" but then i realized thats excluding girls :(

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
haha gross

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Utterly broken MFA chicks who think they're unique are my fetish.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
She raises some legitimate questions. I'm glad she's unbanned (did she pay for it?) and will soon disrupt D&D with her robot erotica.

P.S. I wouldn't want to have sex with a robot, because I'm afraid its software may crash and my penis may get stuck IN THERE.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Never stick your dick in crazyoperating machinery.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

jessica if you are reading this, i think we should be boyfriend and girlfriend, i will treat you right

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
I feel a little conflicted about this post considering the SA forums have become heavily more PC and easily offended over the years. RIP

This series of bans/probations is literally for disagreeing with feminist viewpoints in E/N, like we can't even loving disagree with feminist perspectives anymore on SA, and this is 4 loving years ago.

Akumos fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Apr 22, 2016

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
the 'tax bringin the PAIN

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Helical Nightmares posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=217996

There have been 25 posts made by JessicaDupre, an average of 17.63 posts per day, since registering on Apr 20, 2016. JessicaDupre claims to be a female.

My mom thought I was a robot imposter once and wanted to kill me.

Post Count
Post Rate
17.63 per day
Last Post
Apr 21, 2016 21:17
Interests
Writing & living
Occupation
Public Intellectual, Fellas

Edit: What's the most recent tumblrina term for robot otherkin now a days?

Wait she "occupies" "fellas"?

quote:

My mom thought I was a robot imposter once and wanted to kill me.

She's the embodiment of the pro-synth option in Fallout 4

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Akumos posted:

I feel a little conflicted about this post considering the SA forums have become heavily more PC and easily offended over the years. RIP

quote:

Posted a dolphin masturbating with a dead fish because he doesn't like Team Fortress 2.

Lmao.

E: Double lmao because you edited your whiny post.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
I may be your fuckrobot but I'm not a loving slut, Darren.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
As a robot, is she good at cooking? If there's a place for a robot in my house, it's definitely in the kitchen.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Paladinus posted:

Lmao.

cool story: the picture of the dolphin got rated 5 stars and goldmined in gbs, then got me banned

edit: lol they put it in the gas chamber after the ban http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3735118

Akumos fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Apr 22, 2016

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Paladinus posted:

Lmao.

lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
gently caress off Akumos

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Akumos posted:

This series of bans/probations is literally for disagreeing with feminist viewpoints in E/N, like we can't even loving disagree with feminist perspectives anymore on SA, and this is 4 loving years ago.

uh I read those posts and you ate those for comepletly normal reasons? or is this a troll again

gently caress got me

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Akumos posted:

cool story: the picture of the dolphin got rated 5 stars and goldmined in gbs, then got me banned

edit: lol they put it in the gas chamber after the ban http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3735118

lol drat dude I thought your picture showed you got probed/banned a bunch of times only for that

but you've been banned 8 times and probed 29 times for general retardedness :allears:

e: the best puppet master ever "haha yes look at how much drama I'm stirring up on these forums I've paid $80 so far to post on nyahahaha"

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Apr 22, 2016

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

There is a group of posters that made their own offsite forum where they whine about this site nonstop

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
i shouldnt be the first to ask but What's the difference between a gently caress machine and a fuckbot? is one assimilated into the other? i know there's some square/rectangle/parallelogram thing going on where it can be both but others can only be one or the other of them. i dont read posts authored by women so i dont know much about absolutely nothing.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I think setting noted bad post star akumos free from this forum which has bummed him out on so many occasions would be a great way to heal the rift between professional victims and idk regular people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
ban everyone that disagrees with me or says things I don't like

• Locked thread