Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Haha, as soon as people are like "jeff isn't too jazzed for games anymore" he gets SUPER psyched for Nintendo labo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That's exactly the type of weird stuff he'd like.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hell, same

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ya it is definitely rare to see big companies take a risk with a such unique and new thing. So even though I don't have a switch right now I am hyped to see how Labo works.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

are there any good podcast managers/apps for pc or as a chrome plugin?
something that would sync with an android app would be ideal

Kly fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jan 25, 2018

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Kly posted:

are there any good podcast managers/apps for pc or as a chrome plugin?
something that would sync with an android app would be ideal

i use pocket casts; the pc version is just a site you go to a browser on if that's a deal breaker but it's worth the couple of bucks

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Mr. Bill posted:

You may be interested in the new podcast started by Jeff and noted maniac Dave Lang, "I'ma Fix Wolves." A hip hop takes podcast.

https://imafixwolves.com

Hey I finally got around to listening to this (all two episodes of it) and it's good. I don't know a lot about hip-hop but I like listening to people talk about it so I'll stick with it, thanks!

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
dude I am late to this conversation but it's true, the peanut butter and jelly sandwich is a marvel

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
It's weird that Nick said he's been watching Vine compilations lately because I think those were the only thing I watched on YouTube for the entire month of January this year. I have no idea why I fell into that hole considering that I was never on Vine, but I got in way deep. In a weird way it feels like an evolution of YTMND, which is a loving crazy thing to reference in 2018.

Also the king of using licensed music in podcasts in Uhh Yeah Dude, who has been playing a different song for its intro and outro since like mid 2006 :psyduck: I think because they use a different pair of songs in every episode?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
SA got name dropped on this month's Designer Notes, lol.

My favorite unlicensed music thing recently was Mic Dicta (the world's best named legal podcast) using a Kanye track and getting hit by a soundcloud dmca.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I reckon they probably just fly under the radar. I think things like youtube are automated although I admit to having no real idea.

ja2ke
Feb 19, 2004

Jippa posted:

I reckon they probably just fly under the radar. I think things like youtube are automated although I admit to having no real idea.

Yeah YouTube content ID is fully automated. It’s the same technology as the Shazam app but it runs on every video automatically the first time you upload it and flags any known copyrighted material.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
RELEASE THE ROBOT NICK BRECKON

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Nick Is the voice actor for Altered Beast, also I agree please release the mangled mess of a podcast episode.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

I'm pretty sure your audio setup recorded last week's episode just fine. When Nick was going back to Canada, he was replaced by a robot duplicate that has some trouble replicating his voice, no big deal.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Nick did the most Nick thing I've ever heard for the latest Important if True episode, and I love and appreciate him for it.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Nick Breckon is a national treasure.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
That was a funny episode.

JLaw
Feb 10, 2008

- harmless -
It truly was. The previous one was excellent too, during the Pringles bit I almost had to pull off the road from laughing.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

I also keep forgetting to look at the previous episode's livestream video to see the expression on Chris's face when Jake asks him what the show is about; I hope his face is as horrified as I imagined it to be.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Quixotic1 posted:

I also keep forgetting to look at the previous episode's livestream video to see the expression on Chris's face when Jake asks him what the show is about; I hope his face is as horrified as I imagined it to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osw7fQSRAB8&t=195s

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

The first few minutes of this episode are as good as podcasting gets. Its a good episode in general but holy poo poo does it open strong.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Thanks y'all

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

It has taken several years but finally there is a podcast on what is the greatest video game trilogy-- the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy. Lightning Strikes Thrice is a game club podcast on Square-Enix's questionable media project the Fabula Nova Crystalis.

So far we have a handful of episodes under our belt and we're up to Chapter 7 of Final Fantasy XIII. We're all pretty critical of FF13 but the great commentary comes from when we talk about the positives the game has or when we discuss the intentions of the developers versus the execution. I think anyone who is a fan of the FF13 games or a hater should give it a listen!

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
I feel like ever since the original IT run, where they ran bird noises and wizards into the ground, they've been kind of self-conscious about that sort of thing, and it's been building up for years, and now someone says "y'all" once and they nearly have a nervous breakdown. Which makes the wizard references even funnier in retrospect, when you realize a goofy song about a Diablo III class may have ultimately driven them insane.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

MikeSevigny posted:

I feel like ever since the original IT run, where they ran bird noises and wizards into the ground, they've been kind of self-conscious about that sort of thing, and it's been building up for years, and now someone says "y'all" once and they nearly have a nervous breakdown. Which makes the wizard references even funnier in retrospect, when you realize a goofy song about a Diablo III class may have ultimately driven them insane.
There are people who make bird noises at work since it's a loving colossal building and the high-pitched bird sounds carry across almost the entirety of it, and I reply with the baboo sound every time

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/joewintergreen/status/972720910816878592

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Ayy so it looks like the laser time network is falling apart, Chris is moving back to Florida and won't be on Talking Simpsons, VGA is going on hiatus, and things a just weird in general. It's a bummer, 30 20 10 is one of my favorite pods out there

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Yeah, real drama going down and it's annoying and sad. VGA will be back in May for E3 and they have Laser Time and 302010 episodes already recorded so those won't miss any weeks.

Don't go into business with people you have personal relationships with and if you do make sure everything is on writing.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
What happened and is Talking Simpsons going away

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Talking Simpsons isn't with laser time anymore, it's got its own patreon n everything

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
All we know concretely:
- Chris is moving cross-country, it's leaving a bunch of LT stuff on hiatus or pre-recorded for a while.
- Bob and Henry have been very clear that Chris is not a part of TS and they aren't part of Laser Time, but won't divulge anything about what brought this on suddenly. None of their stuff will be interrupted, they pre-recorded a bunch recently so Henry could have his honeymoon.
- If Chris has said a word on this whole issue, I haven't seen it. Most of what we know from the LT side is Diana having to answer questions in the LT facebook.

There are some guesses that could be made as to what's gone down but rather than gossip I'll drop it there.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

dang that's gonna make catching up on like, the past year of 30 20 10 that i've been sleeping on kinda bittersweet

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

On a free bonus episode of Laser Time Chris says that aside from Bonus Time nothing will change for the network.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Chris talks about it on the most recent bonus time. There isn’t any huge drama at all. He’s moving and won’t be able to podcast for a while. VGA is just taking a break. Talking Simpson’s isn’t part of Laser Time is due to the money being earned through their respective Patreons, it’s not bad blood or anything, just distinct business entities.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Old Swerdlow posted:

Chris talks about it on the most recent bonus time. There isn’t any huge drama at all. He’s moving and won’t be able to podcast for a while. VGA is just taking a break. Talking Simpson’s isn’t part of Laser Time is due to the money being earned through their respective Patreons, it’s not bad blood or anything, just distinct business entities.

It’s pretty obvious the TS guys are ticked off by what went down. Lots of shade tossed at Chris on Twitter when this was announced. I spend all of my podcast patreon money on the 3 shows involved here, Lasertime/Talking Simpsons/Retronauts (ok, WOFF as well), so it sucks to see this go down.

I responded to a tweet of Henry’s where he was taking a thinly veiled shot at Chris, asking what the hell was going on, and got a weird pseudo-press release response back.

Weird times. My podcast parents are getting a divorce :(

ColonelJohnMatrix fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Mar 26, 2018

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

It’s pretty obvious the TS guys are ticked off by what went down. Lots of shade tossed at Chris on Twitter when this was announced. I spend all of my podcast patreon money on the 3 shows involved here, Lasertime/Talking Simpsons/Retronauts (ok, WOFF as well), so it sucks to see this go down.

I responded to a tweet of Henry’s where he was taking a thinly veiled shot at Chris, asking what the hell was going on, and got a weird pseudo-press release response back.

Weird times. My podcast parents are getting a divorce :(

Yeah, it sucks. If there is some anger behind the scenes they're *mostly* keeping it cool, but reading between the lines in some of the things Bob tweeted they're at the least not happy about it. I can understand Chris not being a regular, but if it turns out he doesn't show up at all in the next 9 months I guess that'd be as clear a picture as any. Basically,

END ME SCOOB posted:

There are some guesses that could be made as to what's gone down but rather than gossip I'll drop it there.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

chris loving sucks. dude is an incredibly insecure liar who makes up obviously bullshit stories in a pathetic attempt at validation. not at all surprised hes a mid-thirties creepy loser who has to live with his parents. the first laser time thing i listened to was Talking Simpsons then when i got caught up i checked out 30-20-10 and Laser Time and was bummed to find out he IS the "laser time network." everyone else in all those podcasts are better than him and they should all :sever:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
i guess ruining individual episodes by being on them wasn't enough for henry