Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
We spoke about Yhorm as a DS2 giant because that's how he looks in the intro cutscene. We're going to talk about the discrepancy between the models in the appropriate episode.

The Gundyr vs Grundyr thing was a mistake that I made in taking notes, that neither of us caught at the time, which led to what felt like a funny digression.

As for missing the point or dick jokes or just being off, I've got nothing for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

Bug Squash posted:

Can I be a pedant too?

The real error in Bonfire Side Chat is that it should really be Zeno's Grunder, not Theseuses Grunder. :hist101:

Patreon cancelled.

Gary exhaustively detailed Xeno's Grundle, then I asked him to do The Grundle of Theseus next.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

That is an apt comparison, with the added wrinkle of the narrative that SH2 is the pinnacle of the series, while DS2 is the nadir.

Both of the fan bases are really similar, because both let perfect be the mortal enemy of the good. It's weird that my two favorite series are so fraught.

I pray that one day I will feel the Team Silent Miyazaki touch that will take me back to a golden age that never was.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I ordered Galerians and Galerians: Ash for my horror game streams a while back. I'm going to try to put together some regular times to keep up the streaming. That's easier to do now thanks to my change in employment status, but hard because ongoing time commitments are tricky with recording schedules.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

This is only tangentially related to games, unless you just pretend we're talking about Baldur's Gate...

Monster in My Podcast just launched today. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday you get ~5 minutes of a new monster. I like the show a lot, and I hope you do too.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

That review was the culmination of some ongoing frustrating interactions. I'm kind of surprised we got off that easy, to be honest.

I got caught up on Bob's stuff last night, which was a bizarre experience. Duckfeed gets a minimal amount of heat for being "SA goons" (it was worse a couple years ago), but it's surreal how much the people targeting Bob talked about SA as if it was the Illuminati.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I dug it. I didn't see the twist coming at all, and I like heroes facing psychological consequences for their actions (even if I wish they'd leaned into it more).

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

The Kingsley shuffle was unspoiled. I went in carrying everything I knew about the Mandarin, and I was happy to drop it.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

That'll come with a new CMS I'm waiting on. I can't find a solid, reliable, and replicable way to do ID3 tags at the scale I need to do them. I definitely don't mean to inconvenience anyone or come across as a slouch.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I re-launched Hex Crank. It has a video component now. The new article is about Alone in the Dark.

http://hexcrank.com

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I brought my Mother 3 cart on vacation with me, not remembering that the 3DS doesn't play GBA games. Please add that to your spreadsheet, along with an updated total of how many jokes I've tried to make thx

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I'll add that to our new Extrasode segment: "Dale Tales".

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I'll own that one.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

By the last few WOFFs, do you mean the last six years of me podcasting? That show's lingo is infectious, and I don't realize I'm doing it anymore.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

All responses for upcoming episodes go through http://duckfeed.tv/contact

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

We broke the glass without an emergency, but that doesn't mean it's not a top tier game. We'd been sitting on it for a good long while, with all intentions to give it it's complete due.

I forget who remarked on us not covering RE3 before RE4. It's never been our stated goal to cover any given series chronologically. RE3 is really neat and does a lot right, but it doesn't stand out above RE2 (the first RE game we did as the height of PSX survival horror) or the REmake (one of the best reimaginings of all time). RE4 is a logical next step because of its almost total shift toward mechanical mastery.

If we get in our heads to go back to oldstyle tank control RE after this, it will be either RE3 or Code Veronica (both out of necessity). But it will be a good long while, because there are *so many* horror games that we'd like to cover.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

Yeah, I have no idea what the issue is. I can't replicate the issue, which makes it a pain to troubleshoot. It's ceased to be an issue for other people over time... I'm really sorry for the hassle.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

The weight has been impossible to bear until this point. I crave punishment for my sins. Please, rake me and all others like me over the coals for our hubristic assumption that just because people could understand what we were saying, we were communicating effectively. In time, may we learn.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

Chiming in to say that I read this thread on the reg. Just not that much to say from my end.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

Gnome and Gnoll got mixed up due to a small clerical error. I thought I'd fixed it, but your post has informed me that I have not. It should be right in a little bit, after the cache has cleared.

I hope you're liking the show.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

It's partially that, and partially a push for more variety since we've only got enough steam to do 1 JRPG per year for WOFF.

I love FF8 and have been champing at the bit for a replay, but there are plenty of good and weird JRPGs to cover in its stead.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

Aww, thanks! Radio Free Mid-World is a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to releasing the Eyes of the Dragon ep tomorrow.

Re: Breath of Fire, I love BoF3. I'm replaying it little by little on Vita and having a grand time of it. Can't say when it will show up on woff, but it's on my list of things I want to cover eventually.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I don't envy the Twitter drama one single bit, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that Gary caught a "cuck" before I did. There's a real power imbalance now.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I remember calling in to ask a question about Final Fantasy remake fatigue sometime between 2010 and 2011. I don't know if I mistakenly called in during the wrong episode.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

Hey, we don't really promote a lot of stuff in this thread, but I want to make you aware of something: We've just released a charity bundle! It's 12 episodes, 2 of which feature special guests (Jim Crawford and Steve Gaynor). You can see the details over here: http://duckfeed.tv/store

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

People who listen to Duckfeed may be interested in this announcement we just made http://duckfeed.tv/woff2point0

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

umalt posted:

I'm imagining these details are still being ironed out, is WOFF2.0 intended to be a continuation of WOFF1.0 or a reboot/new show? Not asking for any good reason, just curious.

It will be a continuation of the same show, on the same feed, with the same approach. WOFF 2.0 Infinity Protocol Mk. 7 Codename Daffodil Charlie is the name we've been using as shorthand to describe the schedule change and the things that will come along with it.

Don't expect a substantially different flavor of show, just more of it.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

Edit: disregard

Song For The Deaf fucked around with this message at 06:23 on May 6, 2017

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

That shouldn't be the case. I just checked the feed, and it goes 265: Wemic through 266 and 267 on the way to 268: Will o' the Wisp. It'd be fun to include some Lost Episodes to add an air of mystery to the show, but we didn't intentionally do it.

I don't know what the problem might be, sorry :/

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

We mention the similarity between that level and Space Harrier generally, but I wasn’t aware that the layouts were the same.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

C-Euro posted:

Much love Kole, but four times Jesse Owen's max speed is not breaking the sound barrier my dude. That's some UYD levels of bad approximation.

(re: Tachypus on MimP)

It's really sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I just signed up for Waypoint+ like two months ago, too. Not an annual sub, thankfully, I guess.